Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 09:53 PM

41 posts, read 152,151 times

Advertisements

So, i just received a letter to go take the Court Officer exam on October 18th. I haven't been able to find any information on the current list and when the last exam was opened. How does this process work and what should I expect after I take the exam? How long is the wait for this specific exam? I know that it all depends on your score and then you're put on a list. I just wanted to know if this exam is as popular as the sanitation worker (which I'm taking in Feb.) and police exam. Wish me luck guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 11:15 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Viper View Post
So, i just received a letter to go take the Court Officer exam on October 18th. I haven't been able to find any information on the current list and when the last exam was opened. How does this process work and what should I expect after I take the exam? How long is the wait for this specific exam? I know that it all depends on your score and then you're put on a list. I just wanted to know if this exam is as popular as the sanitation worker (which I'm taking in Feb.) and police exam. Wish me luck guys.
I'm also taking the exam on that date. Its at Clinton High School up in the Bronx. I need to get the study guides for exams so I can get an high score.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm also taking the exam on that date. Its at Clinton High School up in the Bronx. I need to get the study guides for exams so I can get an high score.
Oh, that's awesome man. I'm taking it at Brooklyn Technical High School. I haven't heard of any study guides, I only saw the sample questions and stuff on the courts site. If you know of any guides feel free to share them here man. Good luck on the exam. Hope to score high up there with you.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:10 PM

81 posts, read 181,569 times
Anyone heard when's the next school saftey class going in? Already handed in all needed paperwork almost 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:21 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
I took the court officer exam many moons ago. There used to be like a barron's book you could buy for it. Don't know if that is still the case. It's not a hard exam but a few questions are tricky and you have to get a pretty much perfect score to have a shot since so many people take the exam.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:52 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
My test date in December 13th. Not even sure I want this job but i figured what the hell.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:02 AM

22 posts, read 50,889 times
i dont remember the year or the test number but i remember taking the court officer test a few years ago. not sure if there has been any since so i cant say if it was the last one or not. i remember being one of the first in the classroom to finish. the rules were something like if you finish, you can turn the paper over and raise your hand to leave. i turned my test paper over and asked permission to leave and so i left.

months went by and nobody ever called me. when i called for my results they said they dont have me on record and that i "never took the test".

does anybody have any clue what went wrong? did the supervisor in the room forget to collect my test or something? did they lose my test? is there any way i can prove that i took it and or any legal route i can take? its something that always bothered me but i never looked into it. this thread just reminded me of it so i figured id ask someone here.

edit: it was 2007

Last edited by leonkennedy1; 09-27-2014 at 12:00 PM..

Old 10-17-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonkennedy1 View Post
i dont remember the year or the test number but i remember taking the court officer test a few years ago. not sure if there has been any since so i cant say if it was the last one or not. i remember being one of the first in the classroom to finish. the rules were something like if you finish, you can turn the paper over and raise your hand to leave. i turned my test paper over and asked permission to leave and so i left.

months went by and nobody ever called me. when i called for my results they said they dont have me on record and that i "never took the test".

does anybody have any clue what went wrong? did the supervisor in the room forget to collect my test or something? did they lose my test? is there any way i can prove that i took it and or any legal route i can take? its something that always bothered me but i never looked into it. this thread just reminded me of it so i figured id ask someone here.

edit: it was 2007
Wow man, that's not right. I've done some research and they just say to call them if you haven't received any scores or communications. I would be pissed after paying the fee and taking the test for nothing. You should definitely contact them. I know the previous list is about to expire after this exam I'm taking tomorrow. I think they said something like Spring 2015 the new list is made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: