Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 07:09 PM

13,437 posts, read 15,347,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
So the best areas in the Bronx are northwest (In the direction of Riverdale, Woodlawn, Spuyten Duyvil, Kingsbridge, Van Cortlandt Village, ect) and southeast (In the direction of Pelham Gardens, Morris Park, Pelham Bay, Parkchester, Throggs Neck, Pelham Parkway, ect) ?

Of course the neighborhood doesn't have to be wealthy. It can count areas that aren't too bad and has potential.
Those areas are not southeast, btw. There are good and not so good areas just about everywhere, and side by side. There are good areas north, west, east and even south east. Btw, my mother lives in a gated community on the water and the homes outside of her community have sold for upwards of 499k. They are sold out. I wouldn't pay that much for shoddy construction but others have and continue to do so. No urban pioneering needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp3333 View Post
I'm curious as to why whites continue to move if crime continues to go down and where are they moving to and who is replacing them? I think that was one of the things that I noticed when going through there. That and the few sketchy thug types walking around. I would not feel safe living there. This was over by White Plains Rd and Thwaites Pl.
Then you must be a real pansy with a capital P.

Lol, that google map pic of the area where the kid was killed looked really sketchy with all of those old, incidentally white people strolling around.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:35 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,022,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I think Grosvenor got eaten by other trolls when he strayed from Riverdale into the rest of the Bronx, and this is his reincarnation.

Old 09-29-2014, 08:40 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,674,313 times
HHP, Not a bad area. Solid working class/middle class area. Like every neighborhood some pockets have more wealth. Enzo's right off of PP. Met 2 guys who were Rhodes Scholars. You never know who your gonna meet in The Bronx. All the way from Oxford. Funny also that all the troublemakers were from outside the area.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:15 PM

7 posts, read 12,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Agreed. I'm assuming the northern border is Allerton Avenue...?
Allerton area around white plains Rd. Further down Allerton pass Williamsbridge and approaching Eastchester Rd becomes nice again. So basically the areas I'm talking about is Allerton Ave up to and passed Burke Ave. That's where it gets "seedy."

As far as Pelham Pkwy is concerned, I would recommend that area to anyone looking for a good price and doesn't mind the 45 minute commute to midtown.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I think Grosvenor got eaten by other trolls when he strayed from Riverdale into the rest of the Bronx, and this is his reincarnation.
Lol.....

same ol Schtick, different username...

Old 09-30-2014, 01:09 AM

99 posts, read 143,126 times
"None of the victims are cooperating with police".
Im glad the Bronx is following proper protocol of the mandated NO SNITCHING policy.

These guys are career criminals and they know who stabbed them. Hell...they even DARED them to stab them!
I love how the Daily News pointed out his "Never Fear Death" tattoo. The way it reads in the paper is like something you would truly see in only a movie. Dudes from Barnes and Wallace used to chase kids across the parkway that werent from 'their side'. I used to see groups of 15-20 kids running up Astor and Mace for dear life. Im talking dodging traffic across 3 lanes almost getting hit by bx12 buses. Ahhh i miss the Bronx. *sarcasm*

Old 09-30-2014, 09:36 AM

300 posts, read 373,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post

Lol, that google map pic of the area where the kid was killed looked really sketchy with all of those old, incidentally white people strolling around.
lol... White people where? There was a one white female. Everyone else was black and Hispanic. It's not as if Pelham Parkway is predominately white anyway. I'm still trying to figure out where the "great neighborhood" is that everyone keeps talking about.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:27 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,967,791 times
Comes to no surprise that these criminal elements are not tenants of the neighborhood. They do tend to move around and bringing their poor qualities into better areas.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:34 AM

8,012 posts, read 11,353,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Whatever.Doesn't sound silly to me.Yes,I also blame the perp but there is no excuse for a 14 year old being out on the streets at 3 am with the parents not having a clue.The kid is dead in large part because of the parent's neglect and stupidity and I'll stick to that opinion.
Ok that's more precise. This happened inside a building so you're saying they should have been at home asleep, not at a house party, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City