Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 07:42 AM

19 posts, read 36,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEKNEES View Post
I called to schedule the interview and was not called back so I emailed them and was called for the interview three days later,which I attended , took in most of my paper work then I sent in all the rest of my paperwork via email and I have not heard back from them since .it has been over a month.

I do not know what the next step is.
I had an interview since March and received a letter yesterday stating I am on a waiting list and will be called for an initial interview if my number comes up....I ALREADY HAD AN INTERVIEW AND TOOK IN MY PAPERWORK. Someone is not doing their job over there .

Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 AM

136 posts, read 217,462 times
Default Interview

Quote:
I had an interview since March and received a letter yesterday stating I am on a waiting list and will be called for an initial interview if my number comes up....I ALREADY HAD AN INTERVIEW AND TOOK IN MY PAPERWORK. Someone is not doing their job over there .
Did they mention which building its for and when you will sign the lease? Keep us posted

Old 06-02-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Did they mention which building its for and when you will sign the lease? Keep us posted
No they did not let me know , but the letter stated that I am on the waiting list for an initial interview, this info is wrong , I had an interview in early March therefore I have already passed the initial interview process. The letter lead me to believe that they do not have my interview on record.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Coordinator emailed me 2 months ago asking me to come in for an interview and asked what dates are good for me. Provided dates and it's been a run around game ever since. Everytime I provide a date I get an automated response that they're still going through the paperwork.

No date I provided over the course of 2 months worked for them. Ain't that something?
I had an interview in March and received a letter yesterday placing me on a wait list where I would be contacted to schedule an initial interview ..I already had an interview , how many interviews are there ? I smell something shady and someone inn that office isn't dong their job.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:41 AM

457 posts, read 737,022 times
DeEKNEES,

I would agree with you, but as you can tell from this thread that I always get chastised for agreeing and pointing out people's incompetence. Or people on the thread start using the R word whenever i get colorful and vivid with my descriptions. I think its important to provide sensory details. However, I have a strange feeling someone and a few people at HPS aren't doing things properly as you stated earlier.

In the interview i was asked a bunch of financial questions.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
DeEKNEES,

I would agree with you, but as you can tell from this thread that I always get chastised for agreeing and pointing out people's incompetence. Or people on the thread start using the R word whenever i get colorful and vivid with my descriptions. I think its important to provide sensory details. However, I have a strange feeling someone and a few people at HPS aren't doing things properly as you stated earlier.

In the interview i was asked a bunch of financial questions.
I think they probably do not have record of my interview, No question is a dumb question, your concerns are real , just as I am concerned that I was cheated out of my chance because of an incompetent employee.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:23 AM

136 posts, read 217,462 times
Default Hunter Point South Commons

Quote:
I had an interview in March and received a letter yesterday placing me on a wait list where I would be contacted to schedule an initial interview ..I already had an interview , how many interviews are there ? I smell something shady and someone inn that office isn't dong their job.
Have you read the latest on Hunter Point South Commons?

Tour Hunters Point South's Amenity-Packed Affordable Rentals - Renters Week 2015 - Curbed NY

I hope, this means its at the finish line and people will know when they can start moving in. It is frustrating not to know concrete dates, especially if the lease will be up soon at your current place. The people need to get a grip and manage it better and not keep us waiting!

Old 06-02-2015, 11:39 AM

DEEKNEED,

Tell me exactly what happend again? I just won a lottery and this would be my second lottery should it go through. I can tell you everything from heartbreak, to tears, and the process from A to Z. I'm very truthful about my experiences but people dont want the truth because they said it's the R word when all I do is keep it real so everyone can understand what they're in for.

You and I both know bribery exists and I wouldn't be surprised if a few low income applicants slipped brown bags with money to their coordinator to get in. It's been done and perhaps not at HPS, but the possibility isn't far fetched.

The interview was right to point and all about finances, honey. As we all know, money makes the world go round.....which includes bribery.

Old 06-02-2015, 01:14 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,324 times
Quote:
DEEKNEED,

Tell me exactly what happend again? I just won a lottery and this would be my second lottery should it go through. I can tell you everything from heartbreak, to tears, and the process from A to Z. I'm very truthful about my experiences but people dont want the truth because they said it's the R word when all I do is keep it real so everyone can understand what they're in for.

You and I both know bribery exists and I wouldn't be surprised if a few low income applicants slipped brown bags with money to their coordinator to get in. It's been done and perhaps not at HPS, but the possibility isn't far fetched.

The interview was right to point and all about finances, honey. As we all know, money makes the world go round.....which includes bribery.

Again you are making unfounded accusations about bribery among the low income people who are getting these apartments. If they are low income, how are they getting money to bribe their way into apartments? How much is the going rate for an apartment? Should we be inclined to say that you must have done something shady to get your apartment through a housing lottery?

If you know of any real instances of bribery, you should be reporting it.

(And no I am not naive enough to say that bribery doesn't go on behind closed doors. It's been my experience that it's not the low income people who are doing the bribing.)

Old 06-02-2015, 01:27 PM

A few colleagues I previously worked with who live on Central Park West, pay under $700.00 a month in rent for a 2 bedroom and confided in me that they slipped the coordinator a bag with money during the interview process. Just because someone claims to be low income doesn't mean they don't have a savings account with substantial money or money stashed away in a cookie jar for a rainy day or money hiding underneath their mattress.

Once again, don't get upset because this information provided to me was from former colleagues. As mentiond, I'm just relaying information and these aren't accusations. Once again....just relaying and providing information. They're just living the American dream that everyone else wants and they'll do whatever it takes to get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery