Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2015, 11:56 AM

218 posts, read 472,385 times

Advertisements

Floor should be in the 20's and sometime in November. How about you? It's just been a lot of waiting, nothing much to complain about.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:09 PM

136 posts, read 217,216 times
Default Commons

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgnewyork View Post
Floor should be in the 20's and sometime in November. How about you? It's just been a lot of waiting, nothing much to complain about.
Lower floors, but getting a bit frustrated as they are not on the ball with construction, move-in dates, and too much paperwork involved and still no certainty of the unit

Old 06-19-2015, 01:14 PM

76 posts, read 126,980 times
I just stumbled onto this forum and I'm glad I found it! I'm not sure if it's helpful to anyone at this point, as most people seem to be focused on Commons, but to sum up my experience so far: I interviewed in March, signed a Crossings lease in April for a two bedroom on a high floor, and my move-in is set for late September. There have been no changes to the move-in dates so far and none are expected the last I checked.

So for Crossings there will have been a five month difference between the first move-in dates and the move-in date for a floor in the high 20s. Take that information how you will, as it's all speculation as to whether the schedule with Commons will be similar.

I feel really fortunate to have had a smooth process so far and I can't wait to meet some of you when the time comes. All the best!

Old 06-19-2015, 01:33 PM

136 posts, read 217,216 times
Default Crossings

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
I just stumbled onto this forum and I'm glad I found it! I'm not sure if it's helpful to anyone at this point, as most people seem to be focused on Commons, but to sum up my experience so far: I interviewed in March, signed a Crossings lease in April for a two bedroom on a high floor, and my move-in is set for late September. There have been no changes to the move-in dates so far and none are expected the last I checked.

So for Crossings there will have been a five month difference between the first move-in dates and the move-in date for a floor in the high 20s. Take that information how you will, as it's all speculation as to whether the schedule with Commons will be similar.

I feel really fortunate to have had a smooth process so far and I can't wait to meet some of you when the time comes. All the best!
Congratulations! Crossing building has been on track, but for some reason Commons got delayed, perhaps maybe to violations or other reasons. What ever it is they have pushed up the move-in dates for some ppl here on forum, which is extremely inconvenient, especially when your lease is up or you have other circumstances.

The last time I checked, the lobby is not even finished, so that is a bit frustrating since that is a must to get TCO. Now, its just a matter of waiting and hopefully it will be a smooth sailing from now on.

Old 06-20-2015, 02:21 PM

142 posts, read 198,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Yes lower - won't be able to sign until closer to the move in date, which is like late september i think.
Do you know the exact floor? Trying to figure out what floors are supposed to be completed by late Sept. I'm in a current lease and trying figure out where things are by the end of Sept.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,528 times
My Main Concern is overcrowding on the 7 line (also it running on the weekends). Remember, more construction of phase 2 is going to happen.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:06 AM

218 posts, read 472,385 times
Parking will be close to 300 a month, does anyone know of parking spaces near the buildings with cheaper rates?

Old 06-22-2015, 02:54 PM

16 posts, read 27,332 times
Hi All

Finally, I received that sweet letter stating that your application has been verified and you've been put on waiting list.

Does this mean end of story for me or is it just a break due to on going construction.

Any input appreciated.

Old 06-22-2015, 04:44 PM

142 posts, read 198,431 times
Just walked by HPS today. Both buildings still look like they need a lot of work before moving in. For people who are currently living in Crossings is the lobby finished?

Old 06-22-2015, 07:55 PM

200 posts, read 374,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICCAT View Post
Just walked by HPS today. Both buildings still look like they need a lot of work before moving in. For people who are currently living in Crossings is the lobby finished?

Yes, lobby is finished, though I haven't moved in yet. I've stopped walked by though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.