Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2015, 07:59 AM

357 posts, read 654,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtresko View Post
Just wondering what other paperwork can it be? did you sign other paperwork before as well besides the lease????

Not that I can remember. Email your leasing rep to confirm.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:38 AM

136 posts, read 217,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Not that I can remember. Email your leasing rep to confirm.
The last time I spoke with the rep was told that after the paperwork is submitted and approved by HDC, there is an interview. Did you have that process or was it combined with the lease?

Old 07-21-2015, 04:42 PM

136 posts, read 217,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk_nurse2014 View Post
Awesome! I have to do the same on Monday. Meet with the leasing rep Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed everything turns out smoothly.

Thanks for sharing.
This question might be off topic, but did anyone particularly from low income find paying two rents and other fees up front expensive and challenging, as a requirement before moving in? I know that to be qualified you have to fit within the income bracket with some room for expenses but how do they expect one to have all that $ before the start of the month if u are basically living check to check or you are out of the income guidelines? I know everyone has a budget and income to live, but was just wondering about this....
Nowdays its 2 rents and realty fees every where you go, but did you think HPS would have same considering its geared for affordable housing?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:03 PM

99 posts, read 188,383 times
Has anyone been rejected because of CoreLogic? Hunters Point South is using this to screen people. Has anyone appealed this successfully? What exactly is it?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:10 PM

63 posts, read 110,304 times
Hello all!

I also went through an appeal process. Actually I appealed twice. My original interview was April 7th. After the two appeals I was called in again to update all my information. The process was similar but much shorter in time and paperwork. Two weeks later (last week) my wonderful coordinator called me to give me the good news! So today my leasing agent called to schedule a visit to see the layout. He mentioned low teens as possible floor for the apartment they are showing me.

For those who are looking for reference on timing, I am in the low 13,000's log and B2 preference lower income bracket.

I am soon excited!!!!

I have to say reading everybody's personal experience here, has helped me navigate the long waiting period and uncertainty. One thing my coordinator did say: "Don't celebrate until you have your keys in your hand."

Old 07-21-2015, 08:19 PM

142 posts, read 198,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewCitizen111 View Post
Hello all!

I also went through an appeal process. Actually I appealed twice. My original interview was April 7th. After the two appeals I was called in again to update all my information. The process was similar but much shorter in time and paperwork. Two weeks later (last week) my wonderful coordinator called me to give me the good news! So today my leasing agent called to schedule a visit to see the layout. He mentioned low teens as possible floor for the apartment they are showing me.

For those who are looking for reference on timing, I am in the low 13,000's log and B2 preference lower income bracket.

I am soon excited!!!!

I have to say reading everybody's personal experience here, has helped me navigate the long waiting period and uncertainty. One thing my coordinator did say: "Don't celebrate until you have your keys in your hand."

Glad to hear that you won your appeal! What size apartment are you selecting and did you have a choice in apartment size. Also when did they run your credit check.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:37 PM

94 posts, read 215,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieNYC View Post
Has anyone been rejected because of CoreLogic? Hunters Point South is using this to screen people. Has anyone appealed this successfully? What exactly is it?
Don't get me started with Corelogic. Huge scam and delayed my move in date by like 3 months and likely cost me a better apartment. Because the government has a contract with them and HPS can't evaluate your credit any other way (due to some law), you are stuck and being honest with you your chances of winning an appeal are slim. They are arbitrary to say the least and there is not one human involved in the process. Its pretty much a computer program, also probably very prone to error. Their customer service reps are garbage.

The only thing you will be able to do (during the appeal period) is have anything incorrect removed from your credit report. In my case, they dinged me for one late payment (30 days late). I was able to remove it from my report because they never sent me a bill for it. My FICO score at the time was around 730. My core logic score came in below 600.

Please call and complain as much as you can. It might not change their minds, but hopefully if enough people call and complain about this company they will get fed up and escalade it higher up. I hope this company burns to the ground.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:16 PM

15 posts, read 25,040 times
I have found this forum very helpful even though I didn't even apply to Hunters Point!

I have seen soooo many bad things about CoreLogic that I sought out my own personal report and encourage everyone to do the same http://www.corelogic.com/downloadabl...disclosure.pdf
Like a credit report, you are entitled to a free one/year. You may be able to get more if you are rejected. From there, I imagine you can argue to have things removed. I have yet to get mine but I expect it any day...

Old 07-22-2015, 09:44 AM

15 posts, read 30,475 times
I made it to the next level back in February, but was rejected due to a 599 credit score (my FICO is 780!). I had a TERRIBLE time going back and forth with the agent and the credit place. I might try to contest it here and see if I can save that one point... maybe it's not too late for the 2nd tower.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:35 AM

457 posts, read 735,042 times
BrandNewCitizen,

I'm so happy you won your appeal. Now you go out and make as much money as you can to get out of the low once bracket and you go make Obama and the rest of the world proud!!! Show everyone you're a success story to go along with you super posh high end LIC pad.

One of my neighbors was telling me her friends are shocked and offended that she lives and can afford LIC cause she's a cashier at the post office. These lotteries can be a blessing yet create tension amongst the working classes unnecessarily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery