Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2015, 05:56 PM

50 posts, read 68,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichopefull View Post
I am somewhat new here since I was just contacted by Related a week ago. They ran my credit four days ago and I was told today that my application has been processed by my agent Rich and is being reviewed by the compliance team, after that they will let me know about an interview. I just need to sit back, be patient and in order to relieve any stress about it put it out of my mind. haha.

A BIG Congrats to everyone that has been accepted and is/or has already moved in. As a lifelong Queens resident (and lover of the borough) it is an amazing property and a wonderful neighborhood, you are truly fortunate!!!
What is your log number? Do you have any preferences? Thanks

Old 08-20-2015, 05:59 PM

10 posts, read 14,884 times
Default nycgurl

There is someone on this thread so dedicated to trolling. You sound nothing like what the coordinators from related are. Are you getting payed for this~ lol

Old 08-20-2015, 06:03 PM

163 posts, read 271,315 times
Just heard back from my coordinator at 8pm, apologizing profusely for not getting back to me sooner and it's only been 24 hours. They are definitely working hard for us!

Quick question...at what point in the process does city approval happen? Is that AFTER you are shown a unit and pick one out, or before? Thanks!

Oh and I'm still "being processed" on their end...

Old 08-20-2015, 06:04 PM

12 posts, read 17,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danseurderrick View Post
Just heard back from my coordinator at 8pm, apologizing profusely for not getting back to me sooner and it's only been 24 hours. They are definitely working hard for us!

Quick question...at what point in the process does city approval happen? Is that AFTER you are shown a unit and pick one out, or before? Thanks!

Yeah same notification on status

Old 08-20-2015, 06:20 PM

163 posts, read 271,315 times
Once all verifications are in there can't be that much more to "process"...I bet it just means they are waiting on a confirmation or they can't move forward cuz of people in front of you or availability of units...

I just want to understand what the next step will be...a call to come in again, or a call that it'll be another 3-4 weeks while it now goes to the city...?

Old 08-20-2015, 06:22 PM

142 posts, read 198,780 times
Quote:

A friend of mine in the lower income bracket was shown a studio and was told his file is now going to the city for final approval. They want to make sure you want the unit before sending in all your info to the city.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:28 PM

12 posts, read 17,610 times
Quote:
Once all verifications are in there can't be that much more to "process"...I bet it just means they are waiting on a confirmation or they can't move forward cuz of people in front of you or availability of units...

I just want to understand what the next step will be...a call to come in again, or a call that it'll be another 3-4 weeks while it now goes to the city...?
I wonder the same thing

Old 08-20-2015, 06:47 PM

41 posts, read 65,778 times
They said HDC can take 3 days - 2-3 weeks. The broker/agent guy wasn't friendly. Seemed like he didn't even want to work or be there. I see the other brokers there with other clients and they were all extremely friendly and smiling and helpful. But the one guy I had, I was not happy. Plus I didn't even get a layout sheet. The coordinator is the nicest. But surprised it wasn't the same with the broker.

No walk in closet. And yes, NYCLottery girl is right. The floor is uneven. I was able to tell because I noticed one side of the air conditioner was close to touching the floor while the other side was not.

It's just so poorly designed. The nook and crannies go to the low-income folks.

And the parking rate is confusing for me because of that whole "additional" part.

And Oh, BKNurse, I found this that may help:

10 Apps for Planning a Room Layout

Unless CrossingTenant wants to mock up all our layouts for a small fee? lol. Or for those who was given a layout.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:59 PM

9 posts, read 14,122 times
Their favorite line is "this is what is currently available." I know they are all trained to say it. I wonder who they are saving all the good rooms for. I doubt the low-income 1beds are all gone. They want to fill up all the studios first for some reason. Or the 1 beds are still under construction and renovation, so they want to get rid of all the completed studios first. Who knows? It should not feel fishy if it was not fishy. Just like how when you sense your significant other is cheating on you. You feel it for a reason.

Oh no, now I sound like NYCLotterygirl. Lol. I kid I kid.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:01 PM

142 posts, read 198,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopingForTheBest View Post
They said HDC can take 3 days - 2-3 weeks. The broker/agent guy wasn't friendly. Seemed like he didn't even want to work or be there. I see the other brokers there with other clients and they were all extremely friendly and smiling and helpful. But the one guy I had, I was not happy. Plus I didn't even get a layout sheet. The coordinator is the nicest. But surprised it wasn't the same with the broker.

No walk in closet. And yes, NYCLottery girl is right. The floor is uneven. I was able to tell because I noticed one side of the air conditioner was close to touching the floor while the other side was not.

It's just so poorly designed. The nook and crannies go to the low-income folks.

And the parking rate is confusing for me because of that whole "additional" part.

And Oh, BKNurse, I found this that may help:

10 Apps for Planning a Room Layout

Unless CrossingTenant wants to mock up all our layouts for a small fee? lol. Or for those who was given a layout.
Most of the lower income people are just given one unit to view and you take it or leave it. I think this was the process even early on in the lottery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery