Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 11:03 AM

103 posts, read 230,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
So, for anyone who's submitted documentation, have you had any issues with them accepting your W-2 form? I was told I needed to submit one that shows my gross income—which mine doesn't, and I didn't think most did. For my yearly gross income, I thought the best place to look is the final paystub of the year.

I emailed to ask what I should do; was told they would get back to me. Emailed again a few days later to check in and was told, "As of right now, it's fine."

That "as of right now" sounds kind of ominous to me. Am I just being paranoid?
I don't like the way that sounds either. For the yearly gross income, they told me to bring the first pay stub of the year.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:08 PM

170 posts, read 315,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamineDreams View Post
I don't like the way that sounds either. For the yearly gross income, they told me to bring the first pay stub of the year.
Right, they've got my last paystub of 2014 and my first paystub of 2015, so it's not like that information is hidden.

I actually only just got a raise on 2/1—which I told them about, and my employment letter reflects, but maybe they think there's some kind of discrepancy? It's so hard to know what they're thinking, and I don't want to annoy the leasing representative who's working with me.

Last edited by croquemme; 02-25-2015 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 02-25-2015, 01:59 PM

9 posts, read 18,189 times
Anybody deduced how they are going through log numbers? First disabilities, then community board? First middle income, then low income? Some people on the thread are in the 10,000 + and have gotten interviews which passes up my 6500 low income w/ community preference. Seeing if anyone has pieced the puzzle together.

Also, most things seem conjecture out there. But my past 3 years of employment were 2 years of being an employee, 1 year of self employment. Hoping for an idea of how they will calculate my income (average?).

ALSO my wife is now pregnant...with twins so do these little guys count as household members? or only when they're born?

So many questions...so little information

Old 02-25-2015, 03:14 PM

98 posts, read 154,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redomb2121 View Post
Anybody deduced how they are going through log numbers? First disabilities, then community board? First middle income, then low income? Some people on the thread are in the 10,000 + and have gotten interviews which passes up my 6500 low income w/ community preference. Seeing if anyone has pieced the puzzle together.

Also, most things seem conjecture out there. But my past 3 years of employment were 2 years of being an employee, 1 year of self employment. Hoping for an idea of how they will calculate my income (average?).

ALSO my wife is now pregnant...with twins so do these little guys count as household members? or only when they're born?

So many questions...so little information
Hi,

I believe they are going through the log number in this following order: Mobility Impairments > Visual/Hearing Impairments > then community board. My number was in the 10,000s but was selected solely on the mobility disability. I do not have community board preference. I am low income.

As long as you provide tax returns for 2012 -2014 and w2s from employer, should be fine.

Congrats on the pregnancy! They may consider offering you 2-3 bedrooms instead of 1, not sure however.

Good Luck!

Old 02-25-2015, 05:17 PM

9 posts, read 18,189 times
Oh that makes sense! Thanks for the info

I just know that for the self employed they average your 3 years of employment. And if you're a W-2, they take your current year earnings. I'm a mix of the two now. Hence my confusion. Haven't done my 2014 self-employed taxes yet!

Old 02-25-2015, 07:10 PM

200 posts, read 374,560 times
Wondering what comes after the verification since the apartments aren't finished and doesnt seem like they will be for awhile. Maybe that's why they're taking longer to process applications too. Can't accept people if there's nothing to show!

Old 02-25-2015, 08:13 PM

94 posts, read 216,278 times
I got a call today and a letter in the mail asking to schedule a interview.

I had a log number in the 22,000s and applied for a middle income studio. I also had community preference.

Im excited but don't want to get to excited, as I know this isn't a guarantee. They asked for 2014 tax return (if available), last 4 pay stubs, and identification within 48 hours (fax or e-mail).

I wouldn't give up if you have a high log number, I know I didn't…

Old 02-26-2015, 10:08 AM

6 posts, read 14,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
I got a call today and a letter in the mail asking to schedule a interview.

I had a log number in the 22,000s and applied for a middle income studio. I also had community preference.

Im excited but don't want to get to excited, as I know this isn't a guarantee. They asked for 2014 tax return (if available), last 4 pay stubs, and identification within 48 hours (fax or e-mail).

I wouldn't give up if you have a high log number, I know I didn't…
Congratulations and good luck! Thats great news and actually does serve to keep me hopeful despite the high log number. Please let us know how it goes and share any details that would help.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:31 PM

98 posts, read 154,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Wondering what comes after the verification since the apartments aren't finished and doesnt seem like they will be for awhile. Maybe that's why they're taking longer to process applications too. Can't accept people if there's nothing to show!
Hey, I think so too. Maybe that's why I was told 6-8 weeks. Not sure!

I don't mind how long it takes, as long as I get it haha! They can verify all they want, I gave them accurate information/documents.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:41 PM

200 posts, read 374,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
Hey, I think so too. Maybe that's why I was told 6-8 weeks. Not sure!

I don't mind how long it takes, as long as I get it haha! They can verify all they want, I gave them accurate information/documents.
Yeah agreed. But, if they say 6-8 weeks, I hope it's not longer, as they may end up pushing it out even further. :-\
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery