Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 06:07 PM

103 posts, read 230,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Yeah agreed. But, if they say 6-8 weeks, I hope it's not longer, as they may end up pushing it out even further. :-\
They told me that after the verification was complete, you will be notified if they were offering you an apartment or not. If the construction was not completed by that time, it doesn't matter. There will still be an aprtment there with your name on it.

You just won't be able to see it or sign the lease yet.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:29 PM

200 posts, read 374,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamineDreams View Post
They told me that after the verification was complete, you will be notified if they were offering you an apartment or not. If the construction was not completed by that time, it doesn't matter. There will still be an aprtment there with your name on it.

You just won't be able to see it or sign the lease yet.

Will you be able to select the apartment? Or just know that you have one.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:02 PM

103 posts, read 230,615 times
Quote:
Will you be able to select the apartment? Or just know that you have one.
I don't think you can select an apartment if they aren't finished yet. Again, I don't know how they are going to do this. I wish they would have given out more info instead of leaving everyone in the dark, waiting.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamineDreams View Post
I don't think you can select an apartment if they aren't finished yet. Again, I don't know how they are going to do this. I wish they would have given out more info instead of leaving everyone in the dark, waiting.

Understood. Didn't know if they had model apartments that you could look at and then let you pick the one based on the floor..Essentially all the apartments are the same layout just different floors Etc so that way they really only need to have a few model ones completed but can still start signing leases for other apartments.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:44 PM

98 posts, read 154,900 times
Hey guys, I found this information on their website. This may be why the verification process takes longer for different people:

"Credit screening for low income applicants considers a variety of factors including amount of debt supported by the household; recency of bankruptcy, if any; outstanding judgments or liens; the extent of negative credit lines. Credit screening for middle and moderate income applicants relies on a third party service that incorporates a multitude of factors into its score; households with a benchmark score below 500 will not be accepted."

I am wondering if any old IRS tax debt would be factored into this? My credit score is excellent over 700+ but I do have IRS tax debt.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Does anyone know how debt will impact the middle income? Sure, I make a Enough money to be in the higher middle income but I also have student debt. I wish they would take that into consideration for determining my income level because I may be able to get a lower priced apartment due to my student loan payments each month. ��

Old 03-01-2015, 09:47 PM

94 posts, read 216,323 times
Quote:
Does anyone know how debt will impact the middle income? Sure, I make a Enough money to be in the higher middle income but I also have student debt. I wish they would take that into consideration for determining my income level because I may be able to get a lower priced apartment due to my student loan payments each month. ��
I don't remember them asking me if I had any student loan debt during the interview. I don't think you would be able to qualify for low income apartment simply because a lot of your middle income salary goes towards student loans.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
I don't remember them asking me if I had any student loan debt during the interview. I don't think you would be able to qualify for low income apartment simply because a lot of your middle income salary goes towards student loans.

No it wouldnt qualify me for low income. It would qualify me for lower middle income.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:57 AM

170 posts, read 315,323 times
Quote:
No it wouldnt qualify me for low income. It would qualify me for lower middle income.
I sincerely doubt they'll take student loans into account. The other member of my household also has student debt, and they didn't ask us a thing about it.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
I sincerely doubt they'll take student loans into account. The other member of my household also has student debt, and they didn't ask us a thing about it.
I don't think that's fair, as it states on the website that they consider debt to income ratio (among other factors) for low income.

Last edited by babydoll7304; 03-02-2015 at 12:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery