Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2015, 05:43 PM

170 posts, read 315,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamineDreams View Post
Maybe they asked him to come back so they can process the paperwork and allow him to get the money orders for the lease signing
Yes, that's right. They need to prepare the lease after you choose from among the units they offer you. (You'll also need to tell them whether you want a lease for one or two years.) You also need to pay the first month's rent, security deposit, and $50 application fee in the form of three certified checks. So obviously, you need to go to your bank to get those, and then come back.

Also, I'm a her, not a him!

Old 03-15-2015, 05:43 PM

103 posts, read 230,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
There are some move-ins starting in May. My leasing representative mentioned that they are finishing apartments going from the low floors to the higher floors, so some of the apartments on the lower floors of HPS Crossing (most of which are studios) are already finished.
So does that mean you are on a higher floor?

Old 03-15-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
So does that mean you are on a higher floor?
Yes, my floor is in the low 20s.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Yes, we were also looking at a low 20s apartment for a August 1st move in date but since our current lease ends early, we were able to move a few floors down for a sooner move in date. I'm excited to move in!
That's great! I didn't realize you'd selected an apartment already. How do you like the unit you were assigned?

Old 03-15-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Yes, that's right. They need to prepare the lease after you choose from among the units they offer you. (You'll also need to tell them whether you want a lease for one or two years.) You also need to pay the first month's rent, security deposit, and $50 application fee in the form of three certified checks. So obviously, you need to go to your bank to get those, and then come back.

Also, I'm a her, not a him!
Sorry.

And in your honest opinion, the apartment is worth the price?

Old 03-15-2015, 06:25 PM

200 posts, read 374,630 times
Quote:
That's great! I didn't realize you'd selected an apartment already. How do you like the unit you were assigned?

I liked it! I thinks it's probably the same one you are getting lol since its south west. We didn't view any others since this was the view we wanted. We're super excited and can't wait to see it! The model one felt a little small so I'm hoping the actual apartment with the windows on two walls feels a little bigger. Still, can't wait to move in!

Old 03-15-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Sorry.

And in your honest opinion, the apartment is worth the price?

I can say that even for the highest priced one bedroom - which is what I'm getting - it is easily at least 500 dollars less than similar priced market apartments in the area. It's still a lot of money but it's definitely a deal for what you're getting.

Old 03-15-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I liked it! I thinks it's probably the same one you are getting lol since its south west. We didn't view any others since this was the view we wanted. We're super excited and can't wait to see it! The model one felt a little small so I'm hoping the actual apartment with the windows on two walls feels a little bigger. Still, can't wait to move in!
That's wonderful! How soon are you able to move in?

Old 03-15-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
That's wonderful! How soon are you able to move in?
Mid summer. I heard move ins for the building start in May!

Old 03-15-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I can say that even for the highest priced one bedroom - which is what I'm getting - it is easily at least 500 dollars less than similar priced market apartments in the area. It's still a lot of money but it's definitely a deal for what you're getting.
I agree. Especially for those apartments with views of the city, I think the price is very good for what you're getting. The units I saw were even nicer than I expected (that closet space!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery