Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2015, 02:09 PM

170 posts, read 315,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Listen, I understand that things may not be completely worked out. But this isn't the first time that Related has built a luxury building, so I bet they have an understanding of the needs of tenants. Even if they don't, I currently live in a high rise building, and I can tell u we don't have enough treadmills for the apartment building - legit 3 machine and one is always broken. We don't have a roof deck, and there's no other amenities. But apartments on similar floors to what I'm getting at HpS minus the view and with about 150 less square feet, is going for at least $500 more than I'm paying at the highest bracket in HPS. So if the worst thing is laundry or minor issues, you're still getting a great value.

Also, remember this is just the first phase of many similar buildings to come. I'm sure related has a lot of incentives to make sure tenants are happy.
Right, I realize this is not the first luxury building they've built, but I'm wondering if it's going to be luxury in the true sense of the word, or a scaled-down version for us middle-income folk.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:12 PM

103 posts, read 230,637 times
Unfortunately, this is a brand new building and with new residences like this, one of the major issues is postal. It takes a while for it to become a recognized delivery address. Had it been an established building that was simply renovated, it wouldn't be an issue. Being that I receive a lot of important packages, that is an issue to me.

So im hoping Related takes care of that prior to the first group of move-ins in May.

Old 03-17-2015, 02:14 PM

103 posts, read 230,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
Right, I realize this is not the first luxury building they've built, but I'm wondering if it's going to be luxury in the true sense of the word, or a scaled-down version for us middle-income folk.
Since they have a lot of low income residents, it might be scaled down. It's considered "luxurious" in comparison to other units of the same price or apartments that people are currently living in.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:01 PM

200 posts, read 374,630 times
Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's scaled down - and I don't blame them if it is since we're paying way less than market. But my point is that even scaled down, it's still a bargain.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:04 PM

200 posts, read 374,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamineDreams View Post
Unfortunately, this is a brand new building and with new residences like this, one of the major issues is postal. It takes a while for it to become a recognized delivery address. Had it been an established building that was simply renovated, it wouldn't be an issue. Being that I receive a lot of important packages, that is an issue to me.

So im hoping Related takes care of that prior to the first group of move-ins in May.
When I moved into the new building down the street, it wasn't a recognize address on say google maps or GPS, but I never missed any mail and had it delivered right after moving in. Hopefully it will be the same.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:49 PM

88 posts, read 84,708 times
wait this is for the bronx? that's way above market rate, hahaha, $2400 is too much for most people and not affordable, get over yourself wishfulthinking

Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 PM

292 posts, read 703,164 times
Quote:
I didn't get an exact number, but my leasing representative said it's "around 700."
Hmm, is that good? Is that standard for apts?

Old 03-17-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
That's high to me! Lol

I wonder how the lobby and elevators look.
Lol, it is! I don't mine is that high but I believe its pass 700 ( according to Credit Karma, lol)

Old 03-17-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:

Yep,,I agree! I may have to switch certain things to another address in the mean time since receiving mail might be an issue.

Last edited by Nyalltheway; 03-17-2015 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: error in post

Old 03-17-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Sun terrace deck, bike room, party room. Note, however, that the amenities are not shared between the two buildings, so the farm and garden are not available for those in crossings.
This makes believe that that the moderate to high income tenants will be in the Commons...and if its not shared at all, what about parking? Is that an option for the Crossings tenants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery