Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2015, 07:35 AM

170 posts, read 315,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Yeah, these are standard lease requirements, and like you said, most places only really follow up on it if there's an issue. Did they let you know when you'd be receiving the counter-signed lease?
That they did not. I'm expecting an email today with answers to a few little questions we had, so hopefully I'll get more info then.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:17 AM

200 posts, read 374,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
That they did not. I'm expecting an email today with answers to a few little questions we had, so hopefully I'll get more info then.

I asked when we would be receiving ours, and thy haven't been able to give me a straight answer. This worries me a little.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:19 AM

103 posts, read 230,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
I asked when we would be receiving ours, and thy haven't been able to give me a straight answer. This worries me a little.
Geez, why is everything they do soo suspect?

Old 03-20-2015, 06:08 PM

292 posts, read 702,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtothisforum View Post
Make sure you have absolutely no late payments ever (over 30 days is pretty much an automatic fail). basically Saferent, the company they use for credit screenings, seems to ignore your FICO score and will find just about anything to fail you

In my case, I had a FICO score around 710 and had one negative account which was not my fault. I basically accidentally signed up for a Banana Republic credit card and they never billed me, never sent me my credit card, nothing. I got a call from the collector about 50 days after saying my account was delinquent and I paid it off right away. Saferent assigned me a score of 560 because of this. It did not effect my FICO score that much so I didn't care about this earlier, but now I am left disputing it and hoping I can get it taken off of my report before the dispute period for the lottery ends. due to laws, HPS absolutely will not accept any other documents to prove your credit worthiness (including FICO score) so you are stuck with Saferent evaluating you. Their "formula" is extremely arbitrary and they will not explain to you why you got a low score. Not to mention you will be on hold for at least 45 minutes and speak to the rudest customer service people ever. The person i spoke to was so clueless she said the score was out of 600 and ended up hanging up on me for no reason.

By the way this happened to thousands of people, just google banana republic credit card

Wow, thanks for the info. I checked today to make sure everything is up to date. I do have a credit card that have a balance but it isn't past due or anything but yeah, it sounds like any little thing would be used against applicants.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:17 PM

292 posts, read 702,399 times
Should I call them or wait an extra? I gave in my paperwork, even my 2014 return. She said it will take two to three weeks. Just getting anxious.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:59 PM

9 posts, read 18,185 times
Anybody know if income documents and landlord letters need to be notarized? Or they will contact all your income sources and landlords on their own? Not all of our income and living situations are proper leases and w2 employment.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:04 PM

103 posts, read 230,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redomb2121 View Post
Anybody know if income documents and landlord letters need to be notarized? Or they will contact all your income sources and landlords on their own? Not all of our income and living situations are proper leases and w2 employment.
The employer letter didn't need to be notarized but it needed to have an official letterhead. But my income document had to be notarized.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
any updates?

Old 03-21-2015, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,057 times
Do they run credit checks before or after interviews?

Old 03-22-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mssblsk View Post
Do they run credit checks before or after interviews?

Before the in person interview. They usually don't bring you in to show you a unit until you are approved, ie, all your paperwork is verified. Otherwise, it would be a huge waste of time for them if it turns out you were not approved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.