Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 01:53 PM

200 posts, read 374,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buff430 View Post
It's not hostility. You are making serious accusations on this forum. And , biracial or not, you are playing the race card. No hostility. Just an observation. Have a nice day.

Agreed. NYCgirl is throwing out serious accusations about race and bribery. She also is hypocritically posting about how annoyed she is about not having amenities but then saying in the next post that she is so thankful for her opportunity to have her apartment and acting like she's disgusted by her neighbor who wanted HPS for granite countertops and dishwasher.

think before you type (speak)

You already have an affordable housing unit!!

Old 05-08-2015, 02:31 PM

457 posts, read 736,802 times
Thank you everyone for providing helpful feedback.

Once again, these are not accusations. I'm merely relaying my observations and stating what might be going on as it pertains to bribery. Did I mention any applicant names or log numbers when I mentioned bribery?

As mentioned, i'm just participating in the forum and also relaying information told to me by past lottery winners who I have worked with professionally and have known on a personal level. For the attestation, I am speaking from personal experience. I would love to post a scanned copy of the attestation to prove BabyDoll wrong....but as mentioned before, I do not feel comfortable with people knowing my name.

Let me know if you want a link to the forum where the tenant mentions she wants HPS for the granite counter tops and a dish washer. Then proceed to bash that individual for wanting those things.

Does anyone have insight as to why the cashier did not say "hey boo. What's poppin?" to me when I got to the register?

Last edited by NYCLotteryGurl; 05-08-2015 at 02:40 PM..

Old 05-08-2015, 03:15 PM

19 posts, read 28,547 times
Maybe she didn't like you boo. Period.

Old 05-08-2015, 03:24 PM

At least someone called me boo.

Nyccs, thanks for understanding. Those kind of observations come in many forms.

Anyways, going 2 the saloon 2 get my hair relaxed now. Smooches everyone muah muah!!!!!

Old 05-08-2015, 03:31 PM

200 posts, read 374,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCLotteryGurl View Post
Thank you everyone for providing helpful feedback.

Once again, these are not accusations. I'm merely relaying my observations and stating what might be going on as it pertains to bribery. Did I mention any applicant names or log numbers when I mentioned bribery?

As mentioned, i'm just participating in the forum and also relaying information told to me by past lottery winners who I have worked with professionally and have known on a personal level. For the attestation, I am speaking from personal experience. I would love to post a scanned copy of the attestation to prove BabyDoll wrong....but as mentioned before, I do not feel comfortable with people knowing my name.

Let me know if you want a link to the forum where the tenant mentions she wants HPS for the granite counter tops and a dish washer. Then proceed to bash that individual for wanting those things.

Does anyone have insight as to why the cashier did not say "hey boo. What's poppin?" to me when I got to the register?
I never said there wasn't an attestation. Sure, you may have had one. I did not. Just because they had you sign one once upon a time doesn't mean there is bribery at HPS.

You're also missing the point about the granite counter tops. You first complained you didn't have amenities. Then someone else mentioned how annoying it was people were complaining about not having unnecessary things in their current affordable housing. Then, and here comes the hypocrisy, you joined it to pretend like wanting HpS for superficial things was negative, when you in fact wanted HPS for amenities! It's the same thing. Ugh. I give up. You don't get it - you insinuate really controversial things (racial favoritism and bribery) then get annoyed when people respond! If you don't like comments, stop posting on blogs! LOL

Old 05-08-2015, 05:32 PM

19 posts, read 28,547 times
The only point I can see that your making is that people are more comfortable with people who share their same values and cultures. But you are speaking about it in racial stereotypes. I know very few black people who speak that way. But even if they spoke that way they are doing nothing different from any other group be they Jewish, Hispanic, Chinese ect. If you are telling me that black agents are giving preferential treatment to black clients then I am sure that white agents are giving the same treatment to white clients and then your point is moot. I seriously doubt that Related would put themselves in a situation where they would loose some very lucrative contracts and face many discrimination suits. That would not be worth it. Now you may have great credit but you smell or you have a bad attitude or you are a hoarder. Maybe they feel your teenage kids may cause trouble. there are so many variations. maybe they read your Facebook posts. Who knows. But race is probably at the bottom of that list. Black , white or whatever. And as far as bribes, they are dealing with a government agency. You would be talking jail time. if there is bribery going on I doubt if it's much. The person who places the bribe could also get into some serious trouble too.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:36 PM

142 posts, read 198,708 times
Are you in a preference group? Do you mind sharing your number. I have had two lottery interviews over the years and one took close to 3.5 months to hear that I was put on the waiting list.

Old 05-08-2015, 08:37 PM

I think all applicants should be informed regardless whether they're awarded a unit or not. That way, nobody is sitting there and waiting with false hope.

Old 05-09-2015, 10:18 AM

142 posts, read 198,708 times
Does anyone know the size of a studio for HPS?

Old 05-09-2015, 12:46 PM

Hunterspointsouthliving.com has the layout of each unit and I believe the square footage is listed as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery