Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 09:42 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times

Advertisements

All this ranting by our progressive liberal and Marxist Mayor De Blasio about the "Tale of 2 Cities" and a lack of affordable housing and yet he's part of the problem by putting his house up for rent for $5,000 a month!!!! A far cry from it being affordable.

As a leader of the city who rants about the lack of affordable housing, you would think Marxist De Blasio would prove how passionate he is about providing affordable housing in NYC by putting his house up for rent at an affordable price. But NOPE!

I mean, why doesn't he put his money where his mouth is and put it up for rent at a reasonable $2,000 a month? I mean thats what he stands for right? Why doesn't he become an example for his own marxist rental policies instead of vilifying and painting all landlords as greedy slumlords.

Lets put things into perceptive here, De Blasio is Marxist who advocates for Rent Control/Rent Stabilization and regulating rental prices. He placed his marxist liberal goons on the RGB panel to push for a rent freeze resulting in a record breaking, never before seen 1% rent increase which will probably set a precedent for future rent increases while he's mayor.

The bottomline is Mayor De Bozo is a total POS. He imposes his Marxist will on us landlords yet as a landlord himself, he doesn't hold himself to the same Marxist standards. A total f'ing hypocrite!

A Tour Of De Blasio’s Brooklyn Home, Soon To Be For Rent « CBS New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 10:15 AM

993 posts, read 1,385,710 times
That is exactly market value for a 4BR house rental in that neighborhood, or a 4 BR Park Slope apartment for that matter.

It will be "affordable" to people looking to rent in Park Slope.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:31 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
Well I guess he isn't as liberal/marxist as you think.
Anyway, conservatives are like little pigtators, so stop
tooting your own horn lol.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:37 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,232,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightRabbit View Post
That is exactly market value for a 4BR house rental in that neighborhood, or a 4 BR Park Slope apartment for that matter.

Well, that's sort of the point, isn't it? De Blasio has advocated for forcing more apartments to rent for less than what the market will bear. A bit hypocritical not to voluntarily rent-regulate the house he rents out. Plenty of low-income families that would love access to Park Slope public schools and four bedrooms!

Though I think $5k for a whole house in Park Slope actually sounds cheap... I would have thought closer to $7-8k. But hard to say without seeing the house itself. I know his house isn't really in prime Park Slope.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:48 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownstoneNY View Post
Well, that's sort of the point, isn't it? De Blasio has advocated for forcing more apartments to rent for less than what the market will bear. A bit hypocritical not to voluntarily rent-regulate the house he rents out. Plenty of low-income families that would love access to Park Slope public schools and four bedrooms!

Though I think $5k for a whole house in Park Slope actually sounds cheap... I would have thought closer to $7-8k. But hard to say without seeing the house itself. I know his house isn't really in prime Park Slope.
I saw a news piece on this yesterday where the broker was interviewed and she said the rental amount was considerably below the going rate for Park Slope.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:57 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I saw a news piece on this yesterday where the broker was interviewed and she said the rental amount was considerably below the going rate for Park Slope.
Well considering it's gonna be a short term rental that sounds about right.

So let me get this straight the dude pays less than 3k in property taxes yet the property can generate 60k in revenue. It really does look like a tale of two cities.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightRabbit View Post

You just proved my point. People like YOU and others on this board complain that there isn't any affordable housing and that the rents are too damn high but the rents you people complain about are at market value for the area. So it's ok for De Bozo to charge market rents but not ok for other landlords to do the same? Is that how it works?

I find it funny how you liberals on one hand complain about market rents and capitalism being evil yet on the other hand support it (like now) when you're benefiting from it. In this instant, you're defending market rents because your Marxist leader is taking advantage of the free market.

I have some below market tenants that I'd like to charge market rents to just like De Bozo does.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post

So let me get this straight the dude pays less than 3k in property taxes yet the property can generate 60k in revenue. It really does look like a tale of two cities.
Exactly! 5k in park slope is market rate. Unless the definition of market rate suddenly and conveniently changed from unaffordable to affordable then I can raise a new argument based on the new definition.

Old 10-02-2014, 11:06 AM

If market rate rents means affordable rents to everyone on this board...then I think all Rent Stabilized landlords should charge market rents because by definition, it's affordable. Right Mr. De Blasio?

Old 10-02-2014, 11:29 AM

993 posts, read 1,385,710 times
If you want him to treat one house like an entire city, then following the 80/20 formula, he could discount 1 of the 4 bedrooms, and rent to students. Or shave off a thousand dollars, making it 4K not 5K, so still a far cry from the $2K you proposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City