Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 12:14 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I wonder why don't the racists who claim to have all the answers for the Black community fix the problem themselves? I mean, if they know so much, why not deal with and directly work with the underclass and fix the problem themselves?
I don't think said persons are interested solving such problems. I think their only interest is to vent their anger and resentment towards Blacks.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:20 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't think said persons are interested solving such problems. I think their only interest is to vent their anger and resentment towards Blacks.
Then they need to shut up if they aren't interested such problems.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Then they need to shut up if they aren't interested such problems.
I agree with you on that. Sadly, many people are interested in histrionics. Some people don't want to shut up. For such persons, being quiet is a tall order. The most hateful people are the loudest. I would argue that they are the loudest because they are the most desperate to get attention. Think of it like a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:34 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
I agree with you on that. Sadly, many people are interested in histrionics. Some people don't want to shut up. For such persons, being quiet is a tall order. The most hateful people are the loudest. I would argue that they are the loudest because they are the most desperate to get attention. Think of it like a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum.
There are medications and mental health services for that.

And these people know it, which is why they scream online. In real life a lot of what is said here, if the person could not shut themselves up would have consequences.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
There are medications and mental health services for that.

And these people know it, which is why they scream online. In real life a lot of what is said here, if the person could not shut themselves up would have consequences.
And the contrast between what is online and in real live reveals something else: Cowardice. It is easy to get attention online, where anonymity is there. And sometimes people have gotten in trouble for things said online. In real life, the consequences of saying some things are swifter.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:04 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
And stuff like this makes me hesitant to visit NYC. Stuff like this might deter some potential tourists from going to NYC. They might decide to go other places and spend their money.

And to those teenagers who were told "Black teens must stay out of White neighborhoods unless doing something productive": Notice how no other race is being told this. It is your constitutional right to travel and go where you want to go within your city. The police are trying to violate your rights, and anyone who tries to violate your rights, taking said persons to court would be a very good idea. Know your rights. You have every right to go where you want to go.

And furthermore, why don't the police seem concerned if those teenagers raise mayhem in the neighborhood they live in? Doesn't it affect the person's who live in their neighborhood as well? Or is it an attitude of "they're cockroaches, contain them and keep them away"?
These types of scenario can happen anywhere to anyone regardless of race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Law Enforcement reform must happen.

People should walk where ever they want. I don't own the sidewalk in my neighborhood and I don't want police officers telling people they cant go into certain areas as long as they aren't committing a crime.

We have some issues that have to be resolved.
I concur. Their need to be some sort of law enforcement reform. What I suggest is that the DOJ create a division that plants whistle blowers in every police precinct across America. Local police departments need better oversight.

Quote:
Thank you!! Innocent until proven guilty is the foundation of our judicial system. It is suppose to be how our society works. Prosecuting the whole group for the actions of some does not make sense. If you haven't broken the law, why should you be presumed guilty?

Consider that group of Black teenagers in St. Louis who murdered a Bosnian man. Should those individuals who committed that murder get locked up for life? Yes They did the crime, now they must do the time. However, let those criminals pay the price, not the rest of the Black population.

I've also asked this, and for someone reason, no answer comes of it. Whatever happened to personal responsibility
True indeed. lets not forgot that to win against the law one needs money. example afford bail, any collateral assist like house, cars, afford lawyer. plenty of people can not afford to buy time against the judicial system and end up going to prison. Blacks in America do not have the assists compared to whites when it comes to legal problems. Last lets not forget jury. plenty of jurors can be biased, selfish, and immature about criminal court cases they let personal opinion and history get to them. this is why I advice those who commit crime and are arraigned not to do a jury trial but instead go for a bench trial where Judge precedes over the verdict. In this country if one wants equality they better fork over the money. We live in an Green society and not black and white.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:33 PM

595 posts, read 560,504 times
Quote:
What do those statistics have to do with Blacks who aren't breaking the law? Yes, I am aware of the crimes committed by Black criminals. However, what does that have to do with Blacks who aren't breaking the law?

And more questions.

How does a Black person dropping out school warrant being treated poorly based on race? How does bankruptcy and foreclosure warrant a Black person being treated poorly? I don't care "what is". I care about how does any of this warrant being told "no Blacks allowed"?

Try being better as a race? That is a cop out. There are alot of Black people taking responsibility for their lives, doing the right things, not causing problems in the first place. Why should they have to wait for the underclass to get their act together in order to get better treatment? I'm already doing my part. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Whatever happened to individual merit?
Idealistically true, In reality false. You expect cops to be totally unemotional and not notice statistics(its right up in their faces every single day)? Lets be real. If all all white men were sub par in every statistic, they wouldn't be treated as equals.

Rights are supposedly given to all but human nature rules above law: rights are earned not given

Old 12-03-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboibob View Post
Idealistically true, In reality false. You expect cops to be totally unemotional and not notice statistics(its right up in their faces every single day)? Lets be real. If all all white men were sub par in every statistic, they wouldn't be treated as equals.

Rights are supposedly given to all but human nature rules above law: rights are earned not given
Actually, I expect the police to do their job the right way. If I am not breaking the law, leave me alone. Again, answer my question. What do those statistics have to do with me the individual?

And furthermore, the Constitution guarantees everyone is to be equal under the law, so if a policeman is singling me out because of my race, I have every right to complain. I do not care what the statistics say. I only care what the Constitution says. I am an American citizen. That "rights must be earned not given" applies to those who aren't citizens. I am a USA citizen, so by that measure, the Constitution guarantees my rights. If someone violates my rights, there will be a problem. I do not care what "human nature" has to say. If a police officer violates my rights, I'm getting a lawyer and taking that officer to court, and that officer will have to answer to a judge.

My questions.
What do those statistics have to do with Blacks who aren't breaking the law?
And why should the Blacks who are doing their part suffer for those who are breaking the law? What is the point of that?

And don't give me this "it is what it is" crap.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:48 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,753,256 times
I'm sure if this keeps up, we're going to have a giant race war.

Is this what everyone wants? Maybe we should all form into a race group like in prison, then fight over this land all over again. Mine as well. At least, then we won't have this race BS that feeds the media for audience anymore.

You know why white people don't get shot and arrested? They do. They just don't make the news. That's the difference, because nobody will watch it. And nobody watching it will force the network to put other crazy crap on their 24/7 news because it's expensive to run 24/7 news network. It's not just black people. It's white, yellow, brown, and everyone else in between.

The biggest problem are the cops. We need to have more educated cops, and the qualification has to be raised. Also, the media. They know how to pick people who will make your blood boil for other race. That's why they make high six figures and we're stuck with doing the right thing for nothing to make this world a better place. But if you're weak minded, you might think that's what you can believe in. Ultimately, it's the leadership flaw, where we don't have any leader that we want to look up to. If we have one, media is constantly picking at them.

Imagine MLK, Jr. in our world. He'd be picked apart. JFK? Forget about it.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
These types of scenario can happen anywhere to anyone regardless of race.

I concur. Their need to be some sort of law enforcement reform. What I suggest is that the DOJ create a division that plants whistle blowers in every police precinct across America. Local police departments need better oversight.

True indeed. lets not forgot that to win against the law one needs money. example afford bail, any collateral assist like house, cars, afford lawyer. plenty of people can not afford to buy time against the judicial system and end up going to prison. Blacks in America do not have the assists compared to whites when it comes to legal problems. Last lets not forget jury. plenty of jurors can be biased, selfish, and immature about criminal court cases they let personal opinion and history get to them. this is why I advice those who commit crime and are arraigned not to do a jury trial but instead go for a bench trial where Judge precedes over the verdict. In this country if one wants equality they better fork over the money. We live in an Green society and not black and white.
It could happen anywhere. I would say that such behavior on the part of that police officer could deter potential tourists. Oddly enough, I've never been told this in the Atlanta area.

One thing about our justice system is true: The more money you have, the better off you will be. One thing about the Black criminals who keep committing those crimes: They are the least likely to be able to afford a good lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City