Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 07:22 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,774,713 times

Advertisements

When they get older they can sleep with all the white women they want for some form of retribution, while their husbands work 70+hrs a week.

In my late teens/early 20's, working in a hair salon on the upper east side, i had a blast, im hispanic.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:30 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
When they get older they can sleep with all the white women they want for some form of retribution, while their husbands work 70+hrs a week.

In my late teens/early 20's, working in a hair salon on the upper east side, i had a blast, im hispanic.
please share a couple of stories...don juan!

Old 12-06-2014, 11:57 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I concur. Their need to be some sort of law enforcement reform. What I suggest is that the DOJ create a division that plants whistle blowers in every police precinct across America. Local police departments need better oversight.
Every police department should have a civilian review board to help identify ways of building relationships between officers and the community they serve.

St. Louis is in the process of establishing such thing however, there is a great deal of resistance from the police officers association. That shows a problem at the start. They have gotten away with too much for too long that they don't want any accountability.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:32 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,540,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughhnyc View Post
the same applies to whites to enter black neighborhoods.

the first thing the cops do is confront the white because it is assumed that they are there to buy drugs.

i don't see what the problem is here.

these blk kids certainly aren't shopping at Bierkraft or Cog & Pearl...

It is OFFENSIVE to both. Indeed Dante could have been walking with his friends to take them to visit him? Should Dante have been told to get out of the neighborhood?

Similarly a hipster living in BedStuy getting spread eagled when he is simply going home.

The interesting thing is that these racist assumptions are probably why the majority of the protesters appear to be YOUNG whites.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Well that's just it. Unless you're going to work, to visit friends or family, to go to some business, etc you are not just permitted to hang out on the street.

I don't know what those kids were doing or if they lived in the neighborhood or not.

But I do know all over the city loitering isn't allowed. I know ghetto people have gotten used to it, but good neighborhoods stay good in part because in them hanging out on the streets is not allowed.

Were these kids standing up at a corner, or taking a stroll going where ever? I am not aware that the latter is illegal.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:35 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The interesting thing is that these racist assumptions are probably why the majority of the protesters appear to be YOUNG whites.
No that's called White Guilt, which is all the rage with these young fools nowadays.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:37 PM

335 posts, read 503,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Yes, the operative word is "reportedly."
Exactly!!! Someone needs a lesson in Reporting 101.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Can you point out where the cops "criminalized" these kids? .

By assuming that they didn't have a reason to be there. Did the cops ask the kids where they were going, or just made assumptions about them? Suppose one of these kids was Dante who does live in the area?

Cops addressing black men are normally rude with a threat of arrest either explicit or implicit. I need not tell you that an arrest can serious damage one's prospects, this being especially true for a black person.

Old 12-06-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Okay I'll try once more with you. My past experience as a person who drew attention to himself by acting and dressing in a way that would draw attention to PD is .

So what about a white hipster. These folks aren't usually dressed "corporate".

Old 12-06-2014, 06:41 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,315,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Were these kids standing up at a corner, or taking a stroll going where ever? I am not aware that the latter is illegal.
They were strolling down the street causing ruckus. All loud, swearing, getting into fights, etc... Not skipping down the street swinging their arms hand in hand whistling to play tunes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City