U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-29-2007, 04:03 AM

5 posts, read 15,013 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to united states in february 2008 on L1 visa. My office will be in Park Avenue, New York, NY 10154
I will be getting 69000 per annum salary. I am married but going alone. Also where in ner jersey(which area) i should try to find a cheap apartment.

can some one give me some idea how much will be in hand pay monthly?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2007, 07:57 PM

30 posts, read 124,535 times
It depends what kind of Job you are here to do, personally I wouldn't make it with that amount of money a year anywhere in the metropolitan area. But thats just me

Old 12-29-2007, 09:53 PM

576 posts, read 1,471,523 times
Stay in Jersey City since it's more affordable for someone of your income. Your commute should be under 1 hour and you'll be able to live more comfortable.

Weehawken is ok as well, but JC has more mass transit options into the city.

If you wanna live in Queens, you could probably find something reasonable in Rego Park and Astoria. I am not recommending other areas since those would be out of your price range or aren't as safe.

Good luck!

Old 12-30-2007, 07:16 AM

7,081 posts, read 24,529,872 times
Queens is a much better bet - you won't have to come all the way over from the west side to get to work. Believe me, living in NJ will add 30 minutes to your commute every day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City