U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:33 AM

11 posts, read 8,413 times

Advertisements

Part 2 of 6sqft's series: New York City’s Residential Skyscraper Boom: Living in the Sky Part II

Previous thread on part 1: NYC's New Super Luxury Skyscraper (New York, York: 2014, rental, how much)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:35 AM

1,230 posts, read 2,396,299 times
No where left to go but up!

Old 11-06-2014, 11:14 AM

3,217 posts, read 3,037,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
No where left to go but up!

While building can go 3-dimension to accommodate the booming population in NYC, its public transportation system remains the same old 2-dimension so be prepared to get squeezed and jammed more and more in future living of NYC

Old 11-06-2014, 12:07 PM

2,721 posts, read 2,098,313 times
Anyone who thinks this city should be adding anymore housing / people / occupancy should be hung in Times Square. I just don't get the obsession of packing more and more people in and living like animals.

The subways are an absolute disgrace. Much closer what I would expect to find in a third world country. They are ao jam packed, and that will only get worse. And traffic - it took nearly three hours for me to get from soho to JFK last Thursday afternoon. At what point is enough, enough?

Old 11-06-2014, 01:26 PM

9,759 posts, read 8,189,928 times
NYC subways packed? Have you ever been to Tokyo? They hire people to pack riders in the doors, before they close them.

If you don't like crowds/density, move to Montana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Anyone who thinks this city should be adding anymore housing / people / occupancy should be hung in Times Square. I just don't get the obsession of packing more and more people in and living like animals.

The subways are an absolute disgrace. Much closer what I would expect to find in a third world country. They are ao jam packed, and that will only get worse. And traffic - it took nearly three hours for me to get from soho to JFK last Thursday afternoon. At what point is enough, enough?

Old 11-06-2014, 02:24 PM

3,097 posts, read 3,377,599 times
Quote:
Move. 99% of the rest of the United States is not this densely populated. I don't understand people who cry about density and urbanity while living in freakin New York City.

NYC is not even that dense, especially outer boroughs. I'd call it dense once they start building supertalls in Flushing.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:32 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,803,744 times
Quote:
I'm sure the future buyers of these super high rise apartments appreciate your concern but I doubt they will be packing into any subway anytime soon. For the majority of us, discussing these apartments is like deciding what to do with your lottery money if you win.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:34 PM

6,909 posts, read 8,870,919 times
Quote:

The more people have to live way out of the city, the more they will be packing like animals in the highways, commuter trains and subways. At least many people who live in Manhattan, Brooklyn or LIC have the option to walk or bike to work.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:48 PM

10,308 posts, read 18,391,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
NYC subways packed? Have you ever been to Tokyo? They hire people to
Which does not mean that anything less than this still isn't "packed".

Old 11-06-2014, 02:50 PM

1,230 posts, read 2,396,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Move. 99% of the rest of the United States is not this densely populated. I don't understand people who cry about density and urbanity while living in freakin New York City.

NYC is not even that dense, especially outer boroughs. I'd call it dense once they start building supertalls in Flushing.
have you been to Flu-shing lately? Supertalls and semi talls are in the works. Rich chinese are investing big in that hood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or