Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 04:16 PM

457 posts, read 737,086 times

Advertisements

They wont. You'll be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 06:14 PM

3 posts, read 10,034 times
Nice threat and topic.
As a single applicant, i noticed that my income is most of the time higher than the max needed. That was with only one job. recently, i started another part time job and was wondering if i can voluntarily hide those part time job income and just use my regular job pay stub? I am a city employee and was called many times. I denied or ignored the invitation because the rent comparing to my after tax income was too much for me alone. what do you think?
Thanks

Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 PM

4,773 posts, read 6,571,114 times
I wouldn't recommend you do that. First off, you have to sign all sorts of things saying that everything you've said is true, and that you can be prosecuted if caught lying. Second, the process is pretty thorough, and I think you would get caught.

Also, if you're higher than the maximum income anyway, you won't get the unit, period.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 4,671 times
Hello there thank so much for the info, you are amazing helpfully. I'd like to ask you.

I just had been selected on the apart lottery and have to go to the interview and bring all the documents. If I get approved for an apartment, can my boyfriend move in with me or do I have to wait a few months or year from move in date, for him to move in with me? Or will I loose apart if they find out that someone else's is leaving in apart with me. Thank you in advance.

Old 12-03-2015, 07:21 PM

56 posts, read 109,225 times
Does anyone know how they calculate income if child support is being taken out of your paycheck. We got an order terminating support filed and was told it would take another 30 days to stop all payments. I have an interview for a lottery apartment and my past 3 checks don't look as good as the ones where they weren't taking any money. My spouse and I are living together now.

How bad is this going to affect us?

Should we still go to the interview

I have the letter where it states that the order is terminated so my checks should go back to normal hopefully within the 30 days.

My interview is December 16

Old 12-06-2015, 01:20 PM

197 posts, read 253,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubie940123 View Post
Does anyone know how they calculate income if child support is being taken out of your paycheck. We got an order terminating support filed and was told it would take another 30 days to stop all payments. I have an interview for a lottery apartment and my past 3 checks don't look as good as the ones where they weren't taking any money. My spouse and I are living together now.

How bad is this going to affect us?

Should we still go to the interview

I have the letter where it states that the order is terminated so my checks should go back to normal hopefully within the 30 days.

My interview is December 16
Not sure how it's calculated but whatever you do go to the interview.. And if needed explained to them your situation..

Good luck

Old 01-28-2016, 02:19 PM

6 posts, read 91,685 times
First off, Thank you for the great and helpful thread, it covered most of my questions. Something I am wondering about is what does the eligibility look like for students? I had applied for a low income apartment when I was working full time, and just received something in the mail to send in the documents. The only thing is I had just register for some classes, so I would be going to school part time. I will still be working part time, and income will still fall within the limits. Will they disqualify me because I am going to school?

Old 01-28-2016, 03:47 PM

4,773 posts, read 6,571,114 times
If you're going to school part time, that is fine. Full-time students are not eligible for apartments because the program is for working people.

As long as your current income falls within the limits, you should be okay.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 4,340 times
Hi, I was selected for the interview process and as I had earlier done the application, I anticipated my income to be a certain way but due to some circumstances it does not. So, when they called me in now. My income range is below the income requirements. However, I have excellent credit and rent stubs of me paying more than 6 months worth of rent that is above the amount the housing requires. Additionally, I have 15k in savings. Now, do you think that because my gross income is below the range of the housing, I am automatically disqualified?

Old 02-17-2016, 07:26 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTse View Post
Hi, I was selected for the interview process and as I had earlier done the application, I anticipated my income to be a certain way but due to some circumstances it does not. So, when they called me in now. My income range is below the income requirements. However, I have excellent credit and rent stubs of me paying more than 6 months worth of rent that is above the amount the housing requires. Additionally, I have 15k in savings. Now, do you think that because my gross income is below the range of the housing, I am automatically disqualified?
Yes 100%. The number one thing you need to meet is within the income guidelines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery