Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 08:56 PM

4,774 posts, read 6,571,114 times

Advertisements

You should still plan on going to the interview. Gather up and copy all the documents you need. They calculate your income a couple of different ways, and then they use the highest figure. You might squeak by, you never know.

Also, sometimes they will take 2% of your assets over $5,000 and add that to your income, so that might help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 09:11 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
You should still plan on going to the interview. Gather up and copy all the documents you need. They calculate your income a couple of different ways, and then they use the highest figure. You might squeak by, you never know.

Also, sometimes they will take 2% of your assets over $5,000 and add that to your income, so that might help you.
Yes I agree, if you have the time still go through and interview if you can.

Old 03-08-2016, 05:28 PM

20 posts, read 56,489 times
Hey guys

I do not have a birth certificate and I can not obtain one ( I am not citizine )

Am I still eligible?

Old 03-08-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonykh View Post
Hey guys

I do not have a birth certificate and I can not obtain one ( I am not citizine )

Am I still eligible?
Contact the people who sent you a letter/email/phone call and ask.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:05 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,589 times
Quote:
Hey guys

Am I still eligible?
Were you born in the United States? If not, can't you get a birth certificate from your birth country?

Old 03-08-2016, 08:18 PM

20 posts, read 56,489 times
thank you guys I really appreciate your responses. I sent them an email.

one more thing guys please,

they ask to provide an employment form( which they have already sent pdf ) completed by HR and RETURNED THIRD PARTY to them.

what ( returned third party means ) what should I do?

Old 03-13-2016, 08:12 PM

10 posts, read 14,030 times
Does it differ from state to state? I asked b/c I've been accepted for one in San Diego and it's been horrible thus far. Long story short...I'm 3 weeks from moving in my unit and the management company told me they are "trying" to find out information in regards to which apartment I will be moving into. I was also told I cannot view my unit until move it day and I could not choose my unit nor floor 🤔😤. It sounds really bad but being that I'm across the country it's very limited what I can do. This management company is by far the worst but I need this move so I can get to California in general.

Old 03-13-2016, 08:35 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Hey guys

Am I still eligible?

Unless you came from Mars somewhere there is a record of your birth.

If you aren't an American citizen you need to contact your country's consulate or embassy in the USA about obtaining a copy of your birth records. But I'd find out if the process is open to non-USA citizens for a start.

Old 03-14-2016, 09:20 AM

22 posts, read 73,797 times
I have an income question:

My 12 year old daughter receives an SSI dependent's benefit because her father is disabled. I know all household income is counted but I'm wondering if I will get rejected for being 3- 500 over the income guidelines. Maybe they will be lenient since it is SSI and she will not be with me forever. I have at least 2 log numbers (of 12 current applications) under 3000. Three of the applications are in my CB. I need this apartment! My rent is starting to choke me as my neighborhood gets gentrified and my landlord is creeping up on the rent. Who can blame her? She's a dream landlord but rent out of my range is inevitable! What are my chances? Will I be rejected IF my number is called because SSI puts me over?

Old 03-14-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnlover03 View Post
I have an income question:

My 12 year old daughter receives an SSI dependent's benefit because her father is disabled. I know all household income is counted but I'm wondering if I will get rejected for being 3- 500 over the income guidelines. Maybe they will be lenient since it is SSI and she will not be with me forever. I have at least 2 log numbers (of 12 current applications) under 3000. Three of the applications are in my CB. I need this apartment! My rent is starting to choke me as my neighborhood gets gentrified and my landlord is creeping up on the rent. Who can blame her? She's a dream landlord but rent out of my range is inevitable! What are my chances? Will I be rejected IF my number is called because SSI puts me over?
You will be rejected if you income is not in the range. I was $200 over and rejected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery