Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 03:43 PM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times

Advertisements

Carrying a Glock as I type this. I don't leave my house unless I have a gun on me, not even to walk the dog. I couldn't care less what the sheep of NYC think of me because of this. My weapon is for my family's protection only. I will never use it to help a NY'er who is probably anti-2A anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2014, 03:50 PM

The 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution does not mention crime rates, population, demographics or anything else other than "shall not be infringed". All gun laws are illegal, period. Not one inch. Come get them *******.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:26 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,346,150 times
Airborneguy:
Quote:
Carrying a Glock as I type this. I don't leave my house unless I have a gun on me, not even to walk the dog. I couldn't care less what the sheep of NYC think of me because of this. My weapon is for my family's protection only. I will never use it to help a NY'er who is probably anti-2A anyway.
Me too, a G30 and a Springfield XDM .45 Compact. I just don't think I could walk away if I could in any way prevent an innocent person from becoming a victim of a violent crime, it pains me to say this in spite of their political beliefs. Not that I want to play policemen or ever intend to, and God forbid ever want to even have to draw a weapon. I really only carry for my own personal protection and if the SHTF would not hesitate to use it. My sister came out here for a visit and upon seeing I was armed (she already knows I own guns) asked if the guns were loaded. My answer was: "Of course, otherwise I might as well carry a brick". That was the end of that conversation. She is not against guns by any means but was under the impression that it would only be used to scare somebody. Yes, some people do mistakenly believe that. You'd be right at home here in Arizona just as I am, and thankfully no one really cares whether you are armed or not, very few people are not, either open or concealed.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:32 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
Unless there is a national gun ban, how can a few states ensure the safety of its citizens by banning guns which is a constitutional right. Criminals can carry and get away with crimes at will.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
when it comes to all this crap being spewed here about statistics they mean absolutly zero, nada ,nothing ..

when it comes to your own lives there are only 2 outcomes to just about anything in life.

things either work out for you or they don't.

statistics only mean something to insurers where being a little bit pregnant is a possibility. the rest of us mortals can only have two outcomes to everything.

i prefer to keep the odds on my side making as many things work out in my favor as i can control whether it is my financial life ,my happiness or my protection ..
Best post in the thread. This is why I don'tbother debating anti-gun sheep anymore. I have no interest in the nonsense they spew to justify their beliefs. They have zero chance of changing my opinion anyway, so why bother. Come take. Until then, ****.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBTCHEESE View Post
Your welcome to test it
Hell yeah! Tell them. Come take, otherwise, ****.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:22 PM

106,555 posts, read 108,696,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Best post in the thread. This is why I don'tbother debating anti-gun sheep anymore. I have no interest in the nonsense they spew to justify their beliefs. They have zero chance of changing my opinion anyway, so why bother. Come take. Until then, ****.
thanks , but i could never understand what folks hope to prove via statistics. folks do this all the time with life expectancy statistics or retirement planning .

humans can only either be alive or they are dead. if they are alive and didn't plan accordingly who cares what the odds were of getting to this age , the point is you are there.

all this bantering about crime stats and gun related events is all meaningless. if you are on the wrong side of that statistic things have not worked out well for you at all.

i believe in mitigating as many catastrophic risks as i can whether financial or personal. i don't expect my house to burn down but i have insurance , i hope i don't go in to a home or need extended in home care but i protect my assets with long term care insurance and we have trusts.

it isn't a question of what i think will happen , it is proactively mitigating events that if they did happen to my family would be catastrophic in one way or another.

back in the early days of anciant greece the great scholars used to debate whether there was a god.

but they came to reason that if they believed there was a god and lived a good righteous life at worst you would have prayed a little more and behaved better than you other wise might have.

but they also reasoned that if they lived a life like no god existed and there was a god than the ramifications of being wrong could be far worse and you would burn in hell forever.

well the same is true with many things in life, protecting against them isn't hard but not protecting against them can be a far worse peril if you are wrong.

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-17-2014 at 06:31 PM..

Old 11-17-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
well the same is true with many things in life, protecting against them isn't hard but not protecting against them can be a far worse peril if you are wrong.
Today I learned another way that this logic above needs to be applied. I stupidly stabbed myself in my strong hand (ban knives!!!!!), so for the next week or two, holding and firing my handgun will be a chore. This made me realize that I need to purchase a lefty holster for concealed carry in the event that I repeat such a stupid mistake and end up in this situation again in the future. I'm comfortable with the actual shooting as I've practiced weak-hand shooting for years, but I will definitely train more in carrying and drawing from my weak side with my weak hand. Of course I can't wait; any excuse for more and varied training with firearms is a good excuse!

Old 11-17-2014, 08:04 PM

237 posts, read 329,723 times
Anti-gunner/anti-self-defense POV's are almost pathological. Especially seeing how cops behave these days..why would you let your safety, and the safety of those you care about,rest in the hands of calling 911? it is everyone's job in life to defend themselves when need be. It's almost like people have been brainwashed into passivity and helplessness. If I'm engaged at home, in the street, wherever, and I feel my life/family's life is in danger..that fool is going OUT, or I am.

I'll let the cops come to collect whats left. they're excellent at drawing chalk outlines.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 PM

615 posts, read 447,733 times
When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City