U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-22-2014, 10:51 AM
 
203 posts, read 151,393 times
Reputation: 135

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Actually I was addressing the issue...which is that you now have 4 screen names on the forum, all of which you have used to stir the pot when it comes to racial issues. Maybe you should contact a moderator if you don't understand how to use the forum. Part of the reason people are only allowed one screen name is so they don't engage in troll behavior. Using 4 screen names to engage in race baiting would qualify as trolling. Look it up.
Clearly, the mods can see my IP address and would know if I have 4 accounts. I'd like you to stop harassing me. Your behavior is borderline stalking and very creepy.

And if "race baiting" is presenting factual stories which highlight NYPD abuse of its black/brown citizens, then I'm a proud race baiter.

I get it, you don't like the fact that I draw attention to these issues, but that's your problem, not mine...

 
Old 11-22-2014, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Gods country
5,337 posts, read 4,014,186 times
Reputation: 7381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
I'm amazed that few New Yorkers are not discussing the latest "fare beating" incident.

"A brutal video catches an NYPD officer bash an alleged fare beater in the head with a baton, opening a gash in the man’s head and sending him stumbling around the Brooklyn subway station in a daze." See the below link:

NYPD officer smashes alleged fare beater in head with baton - NY Daily News

Why is such brutal force routinely used when apprehending young men (and women) of color? Also, whatever happened to simply issuing a ticket for "fare beating?"

The video doesn't show what happened before the officer tried to subdue this guy who was resisting, typical. All he had to do was comply instead of fighting and he would have gotten a ticket and been on his way. This seems to be a trend nowadays, fight the police and become an Internet star.
 
Old 11-22-2014, 11:02 AM
 
203 posts, read 151,393 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
The video doesn't show what happened before the officer tried to subdue this guy who was resisting, typical.
The guy didn't pay for his fare, and that's pretty much it, according to the witnesses.
Quote:
All he had to do was comply instead of fighting and he would have gotten a ticket and been on his way. This seems to be a trend nowadays, fight the police and become an Internet star.
But why wasn't mace used? Why was it necessary for him to crack him in the skull? His actions are very barbaric.
 
Old 11-22-2014, 01:18 PM
 
3,245 posts, read 4,166,515 times
Reputation: 2538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
whatever happened to simply issuing a ticket for "fare beating?"
He has to produce ID. No ID, he should just submit to arrest. He'll be processed & released, if he doesn't have any warrants. Resisting arrest leads to use of force.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
I enjoy highlighting police brutality.
I enjoyed watching a fare-beater, resisting arrest, getting whacked with a nightstick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
I'm a proud race baiter.
Indeed, you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
why wasn't mace used?
It was, with little or no effect. Even the perp's girlfriend could not get him to stop trying to get away. BTW, looks like she paid the fare.

Last edited by bigjake54; 11-22-2014 at 01:27 PM..
 
Old 11-22-2014, 01:29 PM
 
10,626 posts, read 20,759,553 times
Reputation: 8155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
Clearly, the mods can see my IP address and would know if I have 4 accounts. I'd like you to stop harassing me. Your behavior is borderline stalking and very creepy.

And if "race baiting" is presenting factual stories which highlight NYPD abuse of its black/brown citizens, then I'm a proud race baiter.

I get it, you don't like the fact that I draw attention to these issues, but that's your problem, not mine...
Here, I'll make it easier for the mods to find the 4 usernames. Here they are:

Citygirl332
Miranda231
Christine_565
Claire_Springs

I don't care if you draw attention to these issues -- just please use one screen name so that people can click on your account history and see your schtick.

When you use multiple accounts, it clouds your history, which I guess is what you want.
 
Old 11-22-2014, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Glendale NY
4,841 posts, read 7,868,226 times
Reputation: 3503
Morons like this are the reason why fares go up. I don't feel sorry one bit.
 
Old 11-22-2014, 02:32 PM
 
203 posts, read 151,393 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Here, I'll make it easier for the mods to find the 4 usernames. Here they are:

Citygirl332
Miranda231
Christine_565
Claire_Springs

I don't care if you draw attention to these issues -- just please use one screen name so that people can click on your account history and see your schtick.

When you use multiple accounts, it clouds your history, which I guess is what you want.
Good, now that you've posted the above, I'd like the mods to intervene and check my IP.

I'm going to ask you once again to stop stalking me. You obviously have a lot of time on your hands, but I want to be clear with you, I will not play this game with you. You are not a mod, therefore, you have no right to police this forum, nor do you have a right to follow posters from post to post.

This is the last time that I will address you publicly in this forum; this is not a laughing matter. You are stalking me and I'm telling you to back off.
 
Old 11-22-2014, 02:34 PM
 
3,245 posts, read 4,166,515 times
Reputation: 2538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
use one screen name so that people can ... see your schtick.
Looks like you touched a nerve.
 
Old 11-22-2014, 02:38 PM
 
203 posts, read 151,393 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Looks like you touched a nerve.
Her actions are rather psychotic and I'm simply asking her to back off, because she is stalking me.
 
Old 11-22-2014, 02:40 PM
 
Location: BK All Day
4,480 posts, read 8,324,934 times
Reputation: 4288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_Springs View Post
Her actions are rather psychotic and I'm simply asking her to back off, because she is stalking me.
I fail to see how this is anything resembling stalking. You could just as easily look at my post history and see what I've been up to. You are just made because we figured it out.


FWIW I have seen probably a dozen people arrested for fair jumping since I moved here 5 years ago. Two of which where my (non-white) friends. Everyone took their ticket and went on their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top