U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 12:28 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,555,677 times

Advertisements

Read More @ Bronx Waterfront Development Could Soon Become Reality - Waterfront Watch - Curbed NY

[IMG]http://iyftc1oqf704bytwz45ub151.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Bronx-Industrial-Waterfront.jpg

Last edited by bmwguydc; 01-07-2015 at 12:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 12:58 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,520,910 times
I hope it improves the Bronx.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:54 PM

624 posts, read 701,991 times
So typical of big government projects:

Quote:
Although Bronx BP Ruben Diaz, Jr. initially said that the waterfront would cost $500 million to develop, Welcome2theBronx argues that, with the necessary infrastructural improvements (the site is located in a flood zone) and other factors, that number will likely be closer to $5 billion.
Either way, I really hope this will become a reality.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:09 PM

517 posts, read 746,422 times
Please leave the Bronx alone you " Poineers " you .

Bronx does not heart you ... no really it doesn't

Because then you come here with your starbucks latte and artisanal wooden necklace , get robbed, and then The Bronx gets blamed in a NYtimes article.

Just stay where you are ?

Thank You in advance

Old 11-22-2014, 07:27 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,520,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post

Because then you come here with your starbucks latte and artisanal wooden necklace , get robbed, and then The Bronx gets blamed in a NYtimes article.

Thank You in advance
Go skrew yourself!

Nothing wrong with starbucks, latte and artisanal wooden necklace and the such.

As a native Bronxite, I'd take hipsters and yuppies over the current "hood" demographic in the Bronx any day, hands down!

I welcome any demographic change this potential project could bring. The hood aspect of the Bronx has got to go. Nothing good comes out of having a predominately hood culture in the Bronx. I welcome these possible changes with open arms.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:17 PM

23,254 posts, read 16,063,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Go skrew yourself!

As a native Bronxite, I'd take hipsters and yuppies over the current "hood" demographic in the Bronx any day, hands down!

I welcome any demographic change this potential project could bring. The hood aspect of the Bronx has got to go. Nothing good comes out of having a predominately hood culture in the Bronx. I welcome these possible changes with open arms.
The hood demographic's way out will be hastened early next year as the Republican Congress cut even more funds to government programs.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:10 AM

57 posts, read 38,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post

Thank You in advance
I'll be moving to the Bronx this year and I welcome all the Starbucks, cafe's, vegan places, wine bars and anything else that is trendy and can improve the area! If you don't like progress feel free to leave.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:11 AM

57 posts, read 38,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Go skrew yourself!

Well said, Sir!

Old 01-09-2015, 11:31 AM

116 posts, read 175,630 times
OH YES! Please build this. The South-Bronx, needs this. Also, glad that FreshDirect, had won their case against those low live dregs that would like to keep Port Morris/Mot Heaven, in the bad condition that it's in currently.

#What the hell is a"sobro", nobody out here calls it that!

Old 01-09-2015, 01:14 PM

23,254 posts, read 16,063,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBXTRUCHO View Post
OH YES! Please build this. The South-Bronx, needs this. Also, glad that FreshDirect, had won their case against those low live dregs that would like to keep Port Morris/Mot Heaven, in the bad condition that it's in currently.

#What the hell is a"sobro", nobody out here calls it that!
The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, other major newspapers and realtors calls the South Bronx SoBro. That's how the neighborhood is being marketed.

I too an glad Fresh Direct won their case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or