U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2014, 08:28 PM

23,269 posts, read 16,114,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Just exactly what are they protesting for???

Michael Brown stole, assaulted a storekeeper and punched a cop in the face twice.

He wasnt a saint. There should be nothing to protest. He was nothing more than a common criminal.

How do these protestors not see this?
We all know why. Just as many of the white posters group all Blacks together, clearly there are Blacks who stereotype all Blacks together. In the minds of many Black=thug.

Just look at this posts on City Data.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Well, the mayor is spending millions on a bull**** program supposedly using ex-cons to diffusepotentially violent situations:
The mayor’s empty ‘anti-violence’ plan | New York Post
That's de Blasio. That's not proof that people in poor neighborhoods see going to jail as a badge of honor.

Old 11-26-2014, 08:31 PM

3,245 posts, read 4,170,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That's de Blasio. That's not proof that people in poor neighborhoods see going to jail as a badge of honor.
These ex-cons have convinced him that they have the street cred to reduce violent crime. Nice hustle.

Old 11-26-2014, 10:48 PM

3,245 posts, read 4,170,205 times
Sums things up nicely, IMO:
The inconvenient (and tragic) truths | New York Post

Old 11-27-2014, 02:40 AM

9,992 posts, read 7,724,082 times
I have lost all interest in these race related threads, race related media coverage, simply anything that has to do with race this, race that. NPR is the worst. They drive the topic of race down your throat everyday in their calming, yet irritating, tone. Progress takes time. Be ethical and have good values. If you want to protest, join from within and be a part of cultural change. Go into law enforcement, financial services, etc... If it interests you enough to flip a car over and set it on fire, it should interest you enough to read a book on best practice and theory. You can't think of whats right without studying whats wrong. And you can't apply whats right by screaming from the sideline, which is what everyone seems to be doing.

Old 11-27-2014, 05:35 AM

20,182 posts, read 26,493,095 times
Quote:

Go into law enforcement, financial services, etc
I have always said that blacks who see there lives at as a dead end street need only become hedge fund managers or Supreme Court judges, both high paying jobs.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
I have lost all interest in these race related threads, race related media coverage, simply anything that has to do with race this, race that. NPR is the worst. They drive the topic of race down your throat everyday in their calming, yet irritating, tone. Progress takes time. Be ethical and have good values. If you want to protest, join from within and be a part of cultural change. Go into law enforcement, financial services, etc... If it interests you enough to flip a car over and set it on fire, it should interest you enough to read a book on best practice and theory. You can't think of whats right without studying whats wrong. And you can't apply whats right by screaming from the sideline, which is what everyone seems to be doing.
Why do I think people with criminal records are poor educations won't be able to go into financial services where one needs a good education and no criminal record? One can't be a cop with a criminal record either.

Also cops merely follow orders, they do not create policy or set the law. No one can make change as a cop.

As for this race related media coverage, these issues pop up from time to time in US media and have done so for decades. So clearly this matter is going nowhere.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:11 PM

9,992 posts, read 7,724,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Why do I think people with criminal records are poor educations won't be able to go into financial services where one needs a good education and no criminal record? One can't be a cop with a criminal record either.

Also cops merely follow orders, they do not create policy or set the law. No one can make change as a cop.

As for this race related media coverage, these issues pop up from time to time in US media and have done so for decades. So clearly this matter is going nowhere.
I didn't realize all protesters are convicted felons. Nor that they are incapable of educating themselves. Also I assume that some have or would have children that they can influence career wise. You have to be able to take orders to learn how to give them.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:33 PM

2,503 posts, read 3,526,173 times
Quote:
I didn't realize all protesters are convicted felons. Nor that they are incapable of educating themselves. Also I assume that some have or would have children that they can influence career wise. You have to be able to take orders to learn how to give them.
The protesters are idiots. They CHOOSE to ignore the facts of what REALLY happened instead of having an axe to grind with the police and white people. Even all the black witnesses confirm Officer Wilson's account.

See for yourself:

The inconvenient (and tragic) truths | New York Post

Old 11-27-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2005073

I don't know the dynamics in Ferguson, but the Black middle class is shrinking rapidly in population in NYC. The reality is often education doesn't really matter. In order to get buy in any major city these days (there are anti police protests in all the major cities) you need to make a lot of money. A number of educated Blacks are concentrated in low wage jobs in civil service and education. They are currently being hit hard and either pushed further out or leaving the city all together (as well as some poor people).

You see at the end of the day either you can afford something or you can't. Sellers don't care about your education. Little Kim is a ghetto **** who slept her way all the to the top by boning a fat drug dealer (Biggie). Paris Hilton is a wealthy heiress. These women who lead trashy lives because of who they knew or related to do are doing just fine, well there are many educated people who are struggling.

So telling all poor people to get education is crappy advice. While an education CAN be important, social and family networks are as important, if not even more so to careers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or