U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 07:28 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,856,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
exactly!!

I have 3 sons, none were ever arrested, or had to have police called on them.
all are college graduates and have jobs.

Must have been my good parenting!

As I get older, I am starting to realize that the race card is getting old. This card needs to put back in the deck.
Would that it were always so. But culture is very complex these days. I see this with my students. There are some bad kids with great families. And sometimes the reverse, although less often I think.

And by the way, everyone, there was a great show on NPR today about education and childhood in the advanced digital age.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:37 PM

19,363 posts, read 32,849,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
An excellent point, I think about this often although we are lucky so far. How many people we know who have quite troubled children even though they did everything they should have.
It infuriates me that people can just judge his parents without knowing them personally. And not know what its like to be a parent and judge. But that's one of the cons of the Internet - people can have verbal diarrhea without consequence.

I don't hear anybody saying, "Oh Timothy McVeigh must have had bad parents...."

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-28-2014, 07:50 PM

113 posts, read 103,932 times
What bothers me and I'm sure alot of other people, is why is all this happening over Mike Brown? People are tired of the same song and dance, showing their 8th grade graduation pics, when in reality theyre closer to adults then teenagers. Why is fu- - - - - Mike Brown the the case everyone is going nuts over? That poor guy in the East NY housing projects or Sean Bell, 2 guys who did nothing wrong and had legitimate complaints against police are drowned out by this obvious thug and all the mis-guided support for him. Just so sick of people blindly supporting Mike Brown only on the basis of his skin color and not the merits of his case.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:09 PM

3,338 posts, read 3,141,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
What bothers me and I'm sure alot of other people, is why is all this happening over Mike Brown? People are tired of the same song and dance, showing their 8th grade graduation pics, when in reality theyre closer to adults then teenagers. Why is fu- - - - - Mike Brown the the case everyone is going nuts over? That poor guy in the East NY housing projects or Sean Bell, 2 guys who did nothing wrong and had legitimate complaints against police are drowned out by this obvious thug and all the mis-guided support for him. Just so sick of people blindly supporting Mike Brown only on the basis of his skin color and not the merits of his case.
Because all

Why?
Because whoever protested or questioned the justice of the case, obama and Bryant included, do not have the brains of analytical thinking and their minds are more easily influenced by their skin color.

There are a lot more browns that remain to be eliminated from the world imho.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:15 PM

3,338 posts, read 3,141,817 times
i can live with less smart and poor ppl, but i cannot tolerate criminals of any color in any format.
mr wilson did his community a great favor by eliminating a thug who has the potential to harm and kill other productive and functional individuals.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:29 PM

11,845 posts, read 7,753,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Do you have children? You have no idea what type of parents they were. I don't either. You can be the best parents in the world but everyone is born with free will. Look at the non-Black being an expert on the Black community.....sit down....
Michael Brown's father was caught on camera saying "Burn this b* down!" he just proved my point what kind of character he is.

I am the father of 3 kids and I am forever responsible for their character and actions. Even when my kids becomes adults they still reflect the upbringing that I provided and instilled.

I don't care what kind of parents Michael Brown's parents are. They certainly weren't noticing their son was out bullying others and getting into trouble. Any kid that is out doing this had episodes where the parents did not educate or discipline enough to know right from wrong.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:37 PM

15,241 posts, read 23,837,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Michael Brown's father was caught on camera saying "Burn this b* down!" he just proved my point what kind of character he is.

I am the father of 3 kids and I am forever responsible for their character and actions. Even when my kids becomes adults they still reflect the upbringing that I provided and instilled.

I don't care what kind of parents Michael Brown's parents are. They certainly weren't noticing their son was out bullying others and getting into trouble. Any kid that is out doing this had episodes where the parents did not educate or discipline enough to know right from wrong.

burn this ** down,

what a fool.....

I too love when they show a "school picture", but not the current up to date ones.
why is that?

Old 11-28-2014, 08:42 PM

19,363 posts, read 32,849,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

His step-father did that not his biological father....huge difference

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 11-28-2014, 08:42 PM

3,245 posts, read 4,177,449 times
Quote:
3 sons, none ... arrested ... college graduates and have jobs. Must have been my good parenting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
lucky so far ... many people ... have ... troubled children even though they did everything they should
My favorite saying about raising children, from an old mounted cop:
"Childrearing is 75% a mixture of love & discipline, and 25% luck."

Old 11-28-2014, 08:44 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,856,981 times
Quote:

burn this ** down,

what a fool.....

I too love when they show a "school picture", but not the current up to date ones.
why is that?
I have often wondered as well. I think to avoid negative opinions, but why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or