U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2014, 08:11 AM
 
2,721 posts, read 2,165,153 times
Reputation: 4042

Advertisements

I was on 9th street last night when several hundred protestors went by. It looked like the typical OWS professional protesting crowd - The type where it looks like they rented their williamsburg apartment on air bnb for the night, and get arrested on purpose so they have a place to stay.

 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:29 AM
 
2,253 posts, read 1,956,854 times
Reputation: 1507
remember when whites protested the acquittal of OJ?

neither do I
 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:32 AM
 
58 posts, read 123,532 times
Reputation: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
No, because 75% white juries are picked in black communities outrage ensues.
Sure, that's the real reason why blacks are upset. Even before anyone had all of the facts, people began rioting and looting. And now, with all the facts available to the public, you still don't want to accept what happened.

Everyone talks about Brown like he was some sweet little 13 yo boy who never hurt a fly. He was 6'4" 300 lbs (90 lbs more than Wilson) and he was struggling with the police officer (punching him, reaching for his gun). In a 'him or me' situation with a guy this big and aggressive, it's going to be him every time. I plan on going home to my family because I have a life worth living. This guy is so poor he has to steal cigars - putting his future at risk for damn cigars! Just because your life isn't worth living, don't assume everyone else's isn't either.

Last edited by AnalystTherapist; 11-25-2014 at 09:58 AM..
 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:38 AM
 
3,245 posts, read 4,194,081 times
Reputation: 2539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
No, because 75% white juries are picked in black communities outrage ensues.
Again, you are wrong. But, don't stop:
The Grand Jury is selected at random from St. Louis County.
St. Louis County, Missouri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2010 census: "racial makeup of the county was 70.3% White ..., 23.3% African American"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalystTherapist View Post
with all the facts available to the public, you still don't want to accept what happened.
Here you go. 4,800 pages of GJ transcript, hundreds of other pages of statements, reports and other comments. Got a few spare weeks?
http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2014/...html?hpt=hp_t1
A quick look at the forensic report:
http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...is-report.html
Brown's DNA on the inside door handle of the police car & on the officer's gun!
How long, until someone claims the officer rubbed his gun & the inside door handle on Brown's body?

Last edited by bigjake54; 11-25-2014 at 09:47 AM..
 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:39 AM
 
Location: NYC
2,490 posts, read 3,851,833 times
Reputation: 2138
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbonyc View Post
airdrop some job applications on them. That'll make them disperse.
hahaha!!

Why do these people feel it's ok to burn down people's businesses, etc., that had NOTHING to do with the verdict? I will never understand.
 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:44 AM
 
671 posts, read 623,991 times
Reputation: 1243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Easy:
Jury: 75% White
Ferguson: 52% Black

Q.E.D.
And your point is? Did you know that those people were chosen long before the incident occurred?
That's how the process works...Law and order is a process. Your not Obama and can make up what laws are enforced...In the end you will see that the federal hand had a lot to do with why law enforcement allowed this situation get out of control......As for the jury,,it was more than fair,,way more..
 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:44 AM
 
23,365 posts, read 16,277,205 times
Reputation: 8611
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
hahaha!!

Why do these people feel it's ok to burn down people's businesses, etc., that had NOTHING to do with the verdict? I will never understand.
Ask those people to see what they say.
 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:50 AM
 
Location: NYC
1,741 posts, read 1,878,735 times
Reputation: 3338
No black man running toward a cop with his weapon pulled. End of story.

People believe anything.
 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:50 AM
 
3,245 posts, read 4,194,081 times
Reputation: 2539
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Ask those people to see what they say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x_BelRBHyE
 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:52 AM
 
84 posts, read 160,252 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Ask those people to see what they say.
They actually did last night on Fox News. This one guy said "Cuz its free"

You have to understand how mob mentality works. There is no need for rational, understanding, or the need to make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top