Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 11:41 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Oh please

People riot and destroy towns after sporting events
That is also low class and criminal.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:46 AM

84 posts, read 195,143 times
but that also is very spontaneous and alcohol-fueled.

These ferguson riots are much different

Old 11-25-2014, 11:49 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,266 times
Brown's step-father was standing on a car shouting "Burn this b**** down!"

How is that asking for calm and peace after the verdict from Brown's family?

Old 11-25-2014, 11:54 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
I just saw pictures of the aftermath in Ferguson. What a nightmare. What did it accomplish, besides hurting innocent people who had nothing to do with the verdict. The verdict was decided by a grand jury who weighed the facts and decided the officer should not be charged.

I'm so sick of the screaming about race when it came down to one person attacking another and an officer using his gun to defend himself.

Old 11-25-2014, 11:59 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,427,042 times
Wow man lots to say but in short :

YES there are problems with policing. The garner case was hard to watch BUT in this specific case "Brown" he was a thug who's time came up. It happens to every criminal. I think the african american community chose the wrong case to bolster their movement and to riot for it is even worse and will only complicate the situation.

The kid recently shot in Brooklyn is a tragedy as the well as the Garner case but this was ALL WRONG. That's what happens when you listen to rebel rousers like Sharpton and all these other punk AZZ B's.

Sorry but no sympathy from me today. Go back to the lab and re think this one through.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:08 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times
Exclamation Thank You...Well Said, Sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I'm African American and I'm not embarrassed.

I'll tell you why.

I don't live in Ferguson, and I did not order those people to riot. I have no control over the behavior of other Blacks, and just because I tell some Black to do something or not do something, does not mean they will listen to me.

I know I am not a criminal and at the end of the day I am only responsible for myself. I pay the rent, my bills, and feed myself . Not a race of people, but me individually.

For anyone who does property destruction or whatever other crime, that's what the law enforcement, the courts, and the whole criminal justice system is for.

And I have no actual idea why those people are rioting, and to tell you the truth I don't care. If they get locked up by the police, I also don't care. I myself avoid the types of people who riot and do violent things as I'm not a fan of violence nor am I looking to have a police incident.
Nice to see someone focus on personal responsibility...I applaud you here

Old 11-25-2014, 12:40 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
No black man running toward a cop with his weapon pulled. End of story.
30 seconds earlier, "No black man punches a police officer inside his patrol car & tries to grab his gun."
5 minutes earlier, "No black man roughs up a clerk & steals cigars inside a store."
Quote:
People believe anything.
I believe that you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:54 PM

114 posts, read 212,251 times
As a former Fresh of the Boat immigrant, I can tell assure you, by the way he's dressed, the shopkeeper's relatively new in this country. Do you know how hard it is to make it here without a University degree from a US school, without a proper command of English? Black people assume they're the only ones who've had it rough; the only ones that life's been cruel to. Try getting a job with a turban with everyone thinking you're a Muslim or a terrorist. I have a foreign name and one day a client called my boss (I had to always be on the phone in case we got an order) and the client asked, "What's your associate's name? Why didn't you hire an American?" The client didn't realize I was still on the phone. And these were the words of an educated man who managed about $300MM. Put yourself in others' shoes before complaining about your situation. Perhaps if you spend less money on marijuana and cigars, you could save money doing honest work and move up in society. I can't guarantee you'll escape racism but you can avoid being in Brown's situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkOfqIXkBRE

Last edited by AnalystTherapist; 11-25-2014 at 01:15 PM..

Old 11-25-2014, 02:10 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
30 seconds earlier, "No black man punches a police officer inside his patrol car & tries to grab his gun."
5 minutes earlier, "No black man roughs up a clerk & steals cigars inside a store."

I believe that you don't know what you're talking about.
You'd be a huge idiot to think a black teen is calling a white officer a ***** and daring him to use his gun.

Or running toward said officer with his gun drawn

Old 11-25-2014, 03:43 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Wow man lots to say but in short :

YES there are problems with policing. The garner case was hard to watch BUT in this specific case "Brown" he was a thug who's time came up. It happens to every criminal. I think the african american community chose the wrong case to bolster their movement and to riot for it is even worse and will only complicate the situation.

The kid recently shot in Brooklyn is a tragedy as the well as the Garner case but this was ALL WRONG. That's what happens when you listen to rebel rousers like Sharpton and all these other punk AZZ B's.

Sorry but no sympathy from me today. Go back to the lab and re think this one through.
This happens. I remember a story about an HDFC co-op that was taken up by OWS people, pleading the case of one of the tenants. She was absolutely in the wrong and in fact victimizing her entire building and putting it in jeopardy. Why they chose this person I never understood. There are so many more actually legitimate cases.

I think charges of some sort will be brought in the Brooklyn case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City