U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-03-2014, 04:46 PM
 
Location: New York State
274 posts, read 221,077 times
Reputation: 585

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I wonder what excuse the racists will have this time.. 'Bbb uu ttt he didnt tell the cops he had pulmonary issues.' 'It wasnt malicious' 'this is what happens when u don't listen to cops' 'he was breaking the law' FOH here with all that. The evidence is irrefutable. These cops are so scared of black men and will make up any reason to kill us without impunity.
You live in your own little hateful world, my friend.

I don't believe for even one second a cop "wants" to kill anyone.

That is total tinfoil hat, conspiracy crap.

 
Old 12-03-2014, 04:49 PM
 
Location: NYC
1,735 posts, read 1,862,765 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
What % of crimes are Blacks vs Whites? I bet you a hell of lot more than the other way around. Blacks commit the overwhelming amount of crime in NYC.

Why did I bring up black on Black crime? Because that's the overwhelming crime in every city in America. But if you listen to Msnbc, CNN, or any other outlet. It's whites killing blacks. That's the narrative that the media loves. Why doesn't the mayor or the president have a news conference about the senseless violence that occurs every day in Newark? The G@D Damn mayor had to declare a state of emergency!
I really wish we could get all you "what about black on black crime?" people in a room and explain that when civilians kill civilians, they are usually going to jail or having a god damn trial.

Police officers killing unarmed people with impunity is a separate issue entirely. How are you not understanding this?

The intent of your point could be flipped around as to, "Why there is no outrage when a school is shot up?" Can we discuss white on white crime next time a lunatic white guy goes on a rampage?

A black man that kills another black man, is not covered and protected by a police force, supported by thousands of people around the country who pays for his defense team, protected by local media who will withhold information to protect him, then ultimately protected by state and federal legislation and national media who will do their spin jobs to make it about everything else except for the actual murder that took place.


/end thread.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 04:49 PM
 
Location: West Harlem
6,886 posts, read 7,825,057 times
Reputation: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
These cops are so scared of black men and will make up any reason to kill us without impunity.
Really ?! Why would they be afraid ?
 
Old 12-03-2014, 04:50 PM
 
749 posts, read 715,774 times
Reputation: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Just my opinion and view, but for selling loose cigarettes???? Cmon....get real...This man was a gentle giant in my eyes, he was reacting, carrying on a bit maybe, but not really resisting, from what I can recall...in my opinion,.. this cop was excessive
And how did he receive 30 prior arrests?
 
Old 12-03-2014, 05:01 PM
 
237 posts, read 351,170 times
Reputation: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
WHAT's the point of the protests?
I'm honestly asking.
The point of all protests is to spark some kind of change, which I think anyone can agree is desperately needed after the events of the past week.

Most major breakthroughs in human rights in this country, whether it be workers' rights or the original Civil Rights Movement or the feminist movement or hell, the formation of the damn country, were gained through protest. It's how people can speak their voices when they feel their government has failed them. It is incredibly important and the fact that so many speak of protests with some form of disgust lately, as if it's something only criminals and troublemakers do, is very, very disturbing.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 05:03 PM
 
539 posts, read 377,417 times
Reputation: 630
Garner may have been a POS with no respect for the law...but after watching the video its clear to me the cop overreacted big time. No way does Garner or anyone deserve what happened. It was a blatant abuse of force and unlike Ferguson this cop had time to react and make a decision.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Staten Island
1,653 posts, read 1,693,166 times
Reputation: 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Can't go a day on City Data without someone using the Black on Black crime tactic lol...
Or as we like to call it, the truth. Not a tactic if it's the truth.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Glendale NY
4,841 posts, read 7,858,770 times
Reputation: 3503
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1523 View Post
Garner may have been a POS with no respect for the law...but after watching the video its clear to me the cop overreacted big time. No way does Garner or anyone deserve what happened. It was a blatant abuse of force and unlike Ferguson this cop had time to react and make a decision.
Agreed.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Staten Island
1,653 posts, read 1,693,166 times
Reputation: 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Be safe my brothers. I recommend getting your skin bleached white if you want to survive.

The End
I think that's a great idea. Because as they say a leppard can't change it's spots. So by simply bleaching them out and committing the same crimes over and over again and you will continue to receive the same treatment by the Police. Than THAN you will see the Police reaction isn't a raciest one, it's a lawful one.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Staten Island
1,653 posts, read 1,693,166 times
Reputation: 2353
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
What is the point of the protest though?

At this point, any time a cop approaches a black person its turning out to be a huge cluster ****. everyone is on edge now. Whats the end game of a protest? They won't make a law to stop arresting minorities, they won't put only black cops in black neighborhoods, protesting won't change millions of americans minds about the fact that Garner and Brown resisted arrest and that's what led to their demise. protesting won't change the fact that most people are tired of the race card being used in all of these cases when the perpetrators were, in fact, breaking the law and refused to comply with a police request. It doesn't help that the face of much if this is a Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson (two genetlemen, and I use the term loosely, that most people find obnoxious). it doesn't help that the martyr that was chosen for the face of this protest just robbed a store, and assaulted a police officer.

WHAT's the point of the protests?
I'm honestly asking.
From what I am getting from the talking heads on CNN who are very active in the protests they want seperate laws for black people. I recall back in the 60's separate rules for blacks and whites were abolished. Blacks want to go back to segregation just under their terms. They want to be held unaccountable for crimes that they commit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top