U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-03-2014, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Bronx
14,795 posts, read 17,410,399 times
Reputation: 7513

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I have to admit, I'm surprised about this...being that the officer used an illegal choke hold which led to his death.
The officer involved in the choke hold is still no out of the hole yet! The federal government is doing their own investigation into garners death.

 
Old 12-03-2014, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
7,902 posts, read 6,477,538 times
Reputation: 7088
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
I'm sure this is exactly the kind of dishonest, weaselly argument the defense used to excuse this murderer. Revolting.
There is no defense presentation in a Grand Jury. The defense attorneys aren't even allowed in the room to observe.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
7,902 posts, read 6,477,538 times
Reputation: 7088
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
but they consult with/prepare witnesses.
Still no.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 02:49 PM
 
1,485 posts, read 1,903,776 times
Reputation: 1463
This act in my opinion was excessive, just for some guy selling loosies on the street corner.....then thrown down and put in an MMA type of choke hold was outlandish, and uncalled for, this man should not have lost his life, or been so harshly thrown down and choked like that, in my opinion. I feel sorry for the guy who lost his life so unnecessarily. Uncalled for, and over what?? No way...RIP to this man. And I am a white guy saying this..., this was excessive, way too excessive in my opinion.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Queens, N.Y.
661 posts, read 1,000,747 times
Reputation: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
I understand what you're saying but I disagree with your premise. Conditioning would mean they were brainwashed through some medium. These true thugs have not made it past middle school to be brainwashed enough. I would say they don't retaliate against the police because 1. The laws and 2. 9/10 police would win. I would argue the thugs have better weaponry in some cases on the ground but police are more than likely better marksmen.
The conditioning started from the minute the black man was dragged off the slave ships up until this very day through the use of various physical and psychological tools by those who run the system. And gather up 5,000 armed gangsters off the streets of ENY/Brownsville and let them descend on the 75th precinct for example and you tell me what the outcome is going to be? The fear of this type of scenario happening is the very reason the conditioning has always been in place and its why you've never witnessed it...but keep letting these police get away with murder with increased frequency and that light bulb will eventually come on and it will be a very huge problem in this country because its not only the thugs that got a problem with the police
 
Old 12-03-2014, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, not Paris. #MAGA.
9,693 posts, read 5,278,608 times
Reputation: 9671
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Why do you keep mentioning Sharpton? You're making no sense.
Ok, nei.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 02:56 PM
 
215 posts, read 139,505 times
Reputation: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
The conditioning started from the minute the black man was dragged off the slave ships up until this very day through the use of various physical and psychological tools by those who run the system. And gather up 5,000 armed gangsters off the streets of ENY/Brownsville and let them descend on the 75th precinct for example and you tell me what the outcome is going to be? The fear of this type of scenario happening is the very reason the conditioning has always been in place and its why you've never witnessed it...but keep letting these police get away with murder with increased frequency and that light bulb will eventually come on and it will be a very huge problem in this country because its not only the thugs that got a problem with the police

Have you seen the weapons the nypd as a force can use ? Nevermind some funky precinct in Brownsville.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
7,902 posts, read 6,477,538 times
Reputation: 7088
This man brought this upon himself, plain and simple. He resisted a lawful arrest. The fact that something resembling a chokehold was used does not make his death murder. The media uses the fact that most people are not educated enough to understand that a cause of death determination of homicide does not correlate with criminality to paint a race-based narrative which only serves to further whatever divides we already experience in this country.

Although even I will admit that I expected an indictment in this case. The Ferguson farce was a complete fabrication by race-baiters. That kid deserve to die. Mr. garner may have raised the level of his interaction by his own choice, but he didn't deserve to die and I expected the jury to err on the side of bringing this to trial based on that fact alone.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 03:05 PM
 
1,431 posts, read 2,097,713 times
Reputation: 1169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
So go out and do something. disrespect a cop. Let me know how well that works out for you.
You're proving my point, and you're apparently not smart enough to see that.
 
Old 12-03-2014, 03:07 PM
 
Location: New York State
274 posts, read 221,236 times
Reputation: 585
Stop resisting arrest!!!

All of these cases have the same thing in common!!

You are asking for trouble when you refuse to cooperate.

I'm white, do you think I would have been treated any better than Garner was if I resisted arrest and was his size?

NO!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top