U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 12:10 PM

20,182 posts, read 26,493,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:

protests lead to nothing
That is absolutely correct...and those who recognize that protests come to nothing accept the complete fascism of our current system.

Last edited by Kefir King; 12-04-2014 at 12:19 PM..

Old 12-04-2014, 12:16 PM

996 posts, read 947,362 times
Do you work 40 hours? Get paid for overtime? Occupy a fire-safe building? If you ask about your paycheck, are you protected from being fired for that?

Thank the labor protesters who came before you, and got their heads bashed in for your right to be cranky.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:18 PM

1,937 posts, read 2,135,727 times
I'm a closeted conservative, and even I am outraged by the Garner decision. I am ok with these protests.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:27 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,051,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
Listen to what Charles Barkley said on CNN. He said it all and it was honest and from a different perspective and that's what the general public needed to hear.

Anyways, thanks to all the protesters for ruining people's commute home last night. The actions last night didn't create world peace and it doesn't make people colorblind.

Protest in your hearts and not outside. It's safer that way and less clutter during rush hour.
Barkley is an embarrassing buffoon.

He's a modern day Stephen from Django.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:27 PM

2,346 posts, read 3,332,580 times
Quote:
I appreciate everyone's comments because from history, we can all tell, protests lead to nothing. The price of a Metrocard fare will always go up no matter how much we protest. It is what it is.
Are you really that clueless about US history? You know, things like Boston Tea party. "No taxation without representation". That was a protest. Complaining about the cost of a metro card isn't protesting, it's complaining. Protesting is what you're seeing now: marching in the streets, sit ins, boycotts, etc. That's the reason people protest publicly, it's been proven to work.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:44 PM

913 posts, read 1,694,712 times
Listen miss hopeful, it's been decades but do people not clutch their purses a little tighter when a person of color comes into the same elevator? I still get nasty looks for wearing purple lipstick. It is what it is!!!!

Certain things and certain people of certain color illicit negative connotations. It's the unfortunate reality.

What happened to Occupy wall Street? Nothing came of that. TRAYVON Martin protest meant nothing and the one in Ferguson made people of color look even worse. I couldn't believe they were doing that in their own town. That's like peeing in the same elevator in your own apartment building complex. It doesn't make logical sense and the stepfather made it even worse when he said: Let's burn this $!!! Down!!!!!. It's sad and tragic.

His pants were falling down cause he was trying to keep it real by giving swagger. I'd clutch my purse to if someone's pants were almost off. Who knows what that person could want or do.

See the negative connotations associated with that type of image. The only thing he was missing was Vaseline and some Tims.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:14 PM

1,806 posts, read 765,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I've got the flu (yeah, a month after the shot) so one of the upsides of being housebound is avoiding the protests.

But this police state has gone too far and so I say with the protesters: "I cannot breathe."
(and coincidentally I really can't. )

Those who cannot get to work: tough Sh*t...at least you are still alive.
lol, hope you feel better soon. Having the flu is awful.
I was on the fence with Ferguson but the Eric Garner case ummm... not so much (which is an understatement).
Even the guys at Fox News were shaking their heads over this one which is saying a lot.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:19 PM

1,806 posts, read 765,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightRabbit View Post
Do you work 40 hours? Get paid for overtime? Occupy a fire-safe building? If you ask about your paycheck, are you protected from being fired for that?

Thank the labor protesters who came before you, and got their heads bashed in for your right to be cranky.
Tried to rep you but I can't. I don't appreciate frivolous protests but the one last night clearly was not.
Something good has to come out of this. Really.
Heard some cars stuck on the highway were honking in support for the protesters. So clearly the protest didn't bother all the commuters.

Old 12-04-2014, 05:18 PM

9,992 posts, read 7,724,082 times
What are we protesting again? I forget.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:09 PM

6,886 posts, read 7,842,502 times
Quote:

What happened to Occupy wall Street? Nothing came of that. TRAYVON Martin protest meant nothing and the one in Ferguson made people of color look even worse.
Really ? Do elaborate.
Because none of this has made me or my family "look even worse" in any way whatsoever.
I think you mean that YOU as a consequence of recent events perceive people of color in a worse light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City