Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 06:41 AM

27 posts, read 117,334 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I know it's probably too soon, but has anyone heard from Knickerbocker Village concerning their waiting list lottery? The application deadline was 12/2/14.

Someone mentioned to me that it takes about 60 days for them to pick the applications. Does anyone know if it takes that long? Since Knickerbocker Village was only accepting 25 applications for a 2-bedroom apt., how many applications would they pick?

A lot of residents of Knickerbocker Village sent in an application for the lottery to get a 2-bedroom - myself included. Since there are 100 people on the "Inside Transfer List" a lot of people took a chance to see if they'll be lucky and get picked and maybe being on the general apartment waiting list will be faster.

Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 08:21 AM

Default Has anyone on this site received an acceptance from Knickerbocker?

I'm still waiting. Haven't heard anything - good or bad news. Has anyone heard anything?

Old 02-03-2015, 05:32 PM

292 posts, read 702,982 times
They had a transfer inside application list? Wow. Well, hopefully they call you. I didn't get a call nor do I expect one. This affordable lottery process is gruesome. Sometimes I wish I just made more money; I will just buy doggone house, lol.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:04 AM

Default Has anyone heard from Knickerbocker either way - yes or no on waiting list?

Hi everyone. As of today 2/9/15 - past the 6 to 8 weeks to hear if I was accepted or not, but I still didn't get my application back saying it wasn't accepted. Very frustrating either way. It will take forever even if my application was accepted.

There is an inside transfer list with 105 people on it for a 2-bedroom apartment. I read somewhere that according to NYS law, Knickerbocker Village has to give one apartment out of every 3 to an outside person. I guess that is why they had the Waiting List Lottery. Now there are 27 names listed for the 2-bedroom apartment on the "General Admissions List," which is the outside list.

Has anyone received their application back saying they weren't accepted. I really need a 2-bedroom and was really hoping to make the list. I'm looking at other places, but the rents are too high and I don't want a city project.

Good luck to everyone who applied and is still waiting.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:26 PM

64 posts, read 176,714 times
was there a public/external lottery for knickerbocker village recently? Or is this just an internal thing?

Old 02-10-2015, 06:16 AM

Default There was a public apartment waiting list lottery

Knickerbocker Village had a public apartment waiting list lottery which ended on December 2, 2014. They were accepting 100 applications for a 1-bedroom apartment and 25 applications for a 2-bedroom apartment.

They put up a notice in the lobby of Knickerbocker's buildings that people that were accepted would hear within 6 to 8 weeks and people that weren't accepted, the applications would be mailed back to them from 1/31/15 to 2/15/15.

There is also an internal transfer waiting list. The internal transfer waiting list for a 2-bedroom apartment as of yesterday has 105 people on it. There is also an internal waiting list for a 1-bedroom apartment, but there are only 27 people on it so there is a good chance of people getting that. That is also the reason why they accepted 100 applications for the "General Admission List," which is the outside (public) apartment list.

I think according to New York State Law, 1 apartment out of every 3 or 4 apartments has to go to a person on the "General Admission List," which means an outside person.

I haven't heard anything, so I'm sure my application wasn't accepted, but I haven't received my application back yet either. A lot of people who live in Knickerbocker Village took a chance and mailed an application in even though there was a $100 fee. Getting on the "General Admissions List," especially for a 2-bedroom apartment would be great. Maybe getting on that list would increase the chances of getting a 2-bedroom apartment because there are so many people on the internal transfer waiting list. The wait in general for an internal transfer is 10 years or more because there are only 357 2-bedroom apartments in Knickerbocker Village out of over 1500 apartments.

I would just like to hear if someone heard if they were accepted for either the 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom or whether they received their rejected application back.

Good luck to anyone that applied.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:49 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,528 times
I know one of my friend got picked on the lottery list, but she rejected the application because she got a job offer in the upstate, so now she's moving there instead of staying in NYC.

By now if you haven't being picked, you are likely not to get picked because the picking should be over by now. You will receive your refund for the application fee since you are not picked, so look out for the mail for your refund.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:37 AM

Default How did your friend hear that she was picked? Was it by a phone call or mail?

How was your friend notified that she was picked? Did she get a phone call or did she receive something through the mail?

Thanks for any info.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:53 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,528 times
Contacted over the phone.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:09 AM

Default What happens if they can't reach you by phone?

Do you know what happens if they can't reach you by phone? Do they mail some to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: