U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 05:55 PM

913 posts, read 1,694,075 times

Advertisements

When the building was advertised in the NEWSPAPER, it states "baclony" as an amenity. It didn't state "partial balcony ".

Last edited by q41apartments; 12-07-2014 at 06:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 06:06 PM

203 posts, read 151,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
When the building was advertised in the building, it states "baclony" as an amenity. It didn't state "partial balcony ".
But it didn't specify the actual size of the balcony in the lease, because if the size was actually specified in the agreement and later changed, they would have a legitimate claim.

The couple should be grateful that they are living in a luxury building (with a good amount of space) in very close proximity to Manhattan. After all, they are paying a fraction of the cost, thanks to the affordable housing program financed by the city. But if they really feel cheated, why not move out and find a better place with a wonderful large balcony?

Old 12-07-2014, 06:19 PM

203 posts, read 151,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Why are people gettting subsidized housing complaining about these things? I don't get it.

If they don't like it, move and pay for market rate housing like the rest of us. The taxpayers will be happy not to pay for your subsidized luxury Manhattan residence, where you have the chutzpah to then complain the standards aren't exactly the same as market rate units.

Next up- complaints that the countertops aren't the proper granite.
Below is a link to a picture of the Q41 kitchen. Apparently, the counter tops aren't granite. Oh the horror, where is the housing authority when you need them!!!!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...-image-3-.jpeg

Old 12-07-2014, 06:56 PM

You'd cry if you had those counters too. They are a horror to clean. Lay a Duane Reade bag on the counter and the DR logo blue, purple colors will rub right off on the counter and nothing can remove them.

It's easy for everyone to stand their and judge, but if they lived in the building they would understand and not be so quick to come with a smart a$$ comeback remark.

I'm sure many of you can't even pay the required amount of $2,186.00 for this middle income lottery. Most of you probably lived in the same apartment for a long time and pay under $1,000.00 I'm rent for a 2 bedroom.

Last edited by q41apartments; 12-07-2014 at 07:09 PM..

Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 PM

483 posts, read 703,890 times
Quote:
When the building was advertised in the NEWSPAPER, it states "baclony" as an amenity. It didn't state "partial balcony ".
Oh. So this might be grounds for claiming "false advertising" in an upcoming lawsuit. Just be thankful not to be homeless.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:32 PM

274 posts, read 221,685 times
Yawn. more complaing from the "entitlement" crowd.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:53 PM

I'd rather be entitled then live in East NY where Jay-Z is from. I'd rather try and better myself than subject myself to the unsightliness of the 99 cent store (Conway) when I can be in a pleasent environment like the Michael Kors store. It's always best to have ambition and not live with the cards life has dealt you.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:55 PM

274 posts, read 221,685 times
Quote:
I'd rather be entitled then live in East NY where Jay-Z is from. I'd rather try and better myself than subject myself to the unsightliness of the 99 cent store (Conway) when I can be in a pleasent environment like the Michael Kors store. It's always best to have ambition and not live with the cards life has dealt you.
Nor should you. However, what bugs me is everyone thinks they have the right to what everyone else has without EARNING it. THAT, is the issue.

There's a huge difference between being ambitious, and trying to play the "victim card" all the way to the top, like some posters here believe in.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:32 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,524,576 times
Quote:
You'd cry if you had those counters too. They are a horror to clean. Lay a Duane Reade bag on the counter and the DR logo blue, purple colors will rub right off on the counter and nothing can remove them.

It's easy for everyone to stand their and judge, but if they lived in the building they would understand and not be so quick to come with a smart a$$ comeback remark.

I'm sure many of you can't even pay the required amount of $2,186.00 for this middle income lottery. Most of you probably lived in the same apartment for a long time and pay under $1,000.00 I'm rent for a 2 bedroom.
I make too much to live in such a building- but meanwhile can't afford to live in a place that looks as nice.

NYC housing rules are ridiculous. No one people have resentment like the people in the article and are pissed off. Everyone wants something nice, but the city has bizarre rules on who gets it.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:34 PM

10,634 posts, read 20,770,793 times
Quote:
So if an apartment in a house is advertised as having access to a yard, and when you go actually rent the apartment, you then see that part of the yard is designated as a vegetable garden, are you going to sue the owner for advertising a YARD when it's only a "partial" yard?

If an apartment is advertised as having a view of Manhattan, but when you go see it, you actually find out that you can't see ALL of Manhattan in the "view of Manhattan" are you going to sue the owner?

If an apartment says that it comes with "use of the building's gym" but when you move in, you find out the gym is only open til 1 am and doesn't re-open til 6 am, are you going to sue the owner because you only have "partial" use of a gym since it's not open at 2 am?

Good job jumping on the entitlement wagon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City