Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 01:18 PM

21 posts, read 44,636 times

Advertisements

That's crazy....someone should explain to you how they calculated your income. Same thing happened to Harlem1 and it was resolved. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 07:29 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
If looking at an apartment here, I would be concerned with the safety, and the views. I also believe the building is gonna go to feces fast.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:59 AM

98 posts, read 154,851 times
Hello quick update,

The same issue with Harlem2 has also occurred with me. I now have to re-submit some documents to the BX location, but they said I will be given the apartment. They haven't checked my credit yet so I also have to bring the money order they sent back to me too. They said they do not have a date for move in yet.

Thank you Harlem2 for your posts & help!

I will keep you guys updated!

Old 04-06-2015, 11:54 AM

I went to my interview in the middle of February and have not received a thing in the mail. I have checked my credit report and no inquiry has been made to date. (yes I gave my money order the day I was interviewed) Is this a good thing? Does anyone have any experience in knowing how long it takes for an approval or denial?

Old 04-06-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrioLover View Post
I went to my interview in the middle of February and have not received a thing in the mail. I have checked my credit report and no inquiry has been made to date. (yes I gave my money order the day I was interviewed) Is this a good thing? Does anyone have any experience in knowing how long it takes for an approval or denial?

I would recommend to call their office and inquiry about your application status!

Old 04-07-2015, 06:14 AM

I think you are right...does anyone have the management's office phone number?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:55 AM

So I called and I was told that my application is on hold. What I was told was that they were now on CB11 preference. Meaning they exhausted all openings for NYCHA, which was one of my preferences as well. Looks like a long shot for me now.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:55 PM

BarrioLover,

omg! I'm sorry to hear that! That is insane. I have NYCHA preference (live in queens) and I had a very low log number (under 15). I do not have CB11 preference. Was your log number high or low? they may also be going according to that.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,739 times
What are my chances if i go in to my second interview but am unemployed for the moment. But have a bunch of job interviews lined up the following week?

Old 04-10-2015, 02:29 PM

My log number was in the 20xxxx, however, I met every preference available. NYCHA, CB#11, Mobility and even city employee.... My application was delayed because of an error on their part. I went in February to the interview and was told they would be contacting me in 3-4 weeks. I would had never found anything out if it wasn't for me calling. I really don't get how these people work. How can they honestly say they are on top of things? I will be calling my buddy at the Senator's office to investigate what went wrong in my case. For everyone out there... be aware! I hope to straighten this soon. I will keep everyone posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery