U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2014, 08:00 PM
 
56 posts, read 19,224 times
Reputation: 39

Advertisements

Hey folks,

So after reading some threads from a few years back, I was hoping if I could get some more up to date information on the leftover Italian neighborhoods in NY. From what I understand after reading some old posts, apparently the following neighborhoods are still heavily Italian: Howard Beach, Morris Park, Devoe Street, Arthur avenue, Astoria Queens and Staten Island. Unless theres more that I'm missing or I'm mistaken, this is what I gathered from my last research.

So all in all, is that all that's left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2014, 08:11 PM
 
Location: New York State
274 posts, read 221,302 times
Reputation: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel D'Angelo View Post
Hey folks,

So after reading some threads from a few years back, I was hoping if I could get some more up to date information on the leftover Italian neighborhoods in NY. From what I understand after reading some old posts, apparently the following neighborhoods are still heavily Italian: Howard Beach, Morris Park, Devoe Street, Arthur avenue, Astoria Queens and Staten Island. Unless theres more that I'm missing or I'm mistaken, this is what I gathered from my last research.

So all in all, is that all that's left?


LOL Barely. Everyone headed into the burbs. Check Country Club section of the Bronx. Maybe Throgs Neck also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2014, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Lower East Side, NYC
1,840 posts, read 1,091,165 times
Reputation: 1297
Morris Park felt very Italian last I was there, particularly in the single family home section. Thinking about moving there myself actually!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2014, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Glendale NY
4,841 posts, read 7,862,822 times
Reputation: 3503
Didn't you make a thread like this before?

Any way, Middle Village in Queens and Mill Basin in Brooklyn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2014, 10:03 PM
 
Location: New York City
929 posts, read 1,232,177 times
Reputation: 538
South/East Shore Staten Island is still extremely Italian. Dyker Heights, Brooklyn is still extremely Italian.

Some neighborhoods in Queens, like Howard Beach are still very Italian.

I wouldn't say that any neighborhood in the Bronx or Manhattan is majority-Italian, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2014, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Glendale NY
4,841 posts, read 7,862,822 times
Reputation: 3503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
South/East Shore Staten Island is still extremely Italian. Dyker Heights, Brooklyn is still extremely Italian.

Some neighborhoods in Queens, like Howard Beach are still very Italian.

I wouldn't say that any neighborhood in the Bronx or Manhattan is majority-Italian, though.
I think Italians are the majority in County Club in the Bronx, and still one of the largest ethnic groups in Morris Park, Pelham Gardens/Bay, and Throgs Neck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2014, 10:30 PM
 
3,447 posts, read 3,518,386 times
Reputation: 3079
North Massapequa, NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2014, 10:41 PM
 
Location: New York City
929 posts, read 1,232,177 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I think Italians are the majority in County Club in the Bronx, and still one of the largest ethnic groups in Morris Park, Pelham Gardens/Bay, and Throgs Neck.
Morris Park isn't more Albanian than Italian nowadays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2014, 10:57 PM
 
Location: Glendale NY
4,841 posts, read 7,862,822 times
Reputation: 3503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
Morris Park isn't more Albanian than Italian nowadays?
Still feels mostly Italian to me, nearby Pelham Parkway has a lot of Albanians though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2014, 11:26 PM
 
2,269 posts, read 2,214,028 times
Reputation: 2637
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Didn't you make a thread like this before?

Any way, Middle Village in Queens and Mill Basin in Brooklyn.

Hmmm, I wasn't aware that Middle Village is deemed to be "heavily Italian." I've just passed through it or on the fringes of it a few times in the past. I guess I'll explore it more in-depth some time to get to know it better (just to be knowledgeable of different areas of the city).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top