U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 02:01 AM

14,780 posts, read 17,404,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
When will the Bronx get an Apple store?
Plenty of Bronx residents use Windows and Android devices. In gentry and affluent parts of the city like 99 percent use apple products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 06:09 AM

6,810 posts, read 4,424,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
My, my....how Brooklyn has changed. Who ever thought that scary beat up HSBC bank at One Hanson Place would one day be a gigantic mall. I remember that Chinese restaurant next door, ages ago that had bullet proof glass to protect themselves from nut jobs.

They sure built up Brooklyn quick. They got minorities out, built the luxury condos, raised the rents to a point that only a lawyer could pay the it, made the area safe and now an Apple store, huh? How that borough has made a million strides. They sure pushed the working class outta that area quicker than anyone could have imagined.

Even Spike Lee hates it.
LOL. Spike Lee left that area because of its realness to the safe UES.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:11 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,171,859 times
Never understand the Apple fanboy mentality. I only use "bank for the buck" products. Nexus 7 2013 $175, Moto G $25, Samsung tab pro 10.1 $197. My wife has a iPad air because she could get it at deep discount.

Old 12-13-2014, 11:59 AM

2,253 posts, read 1,941,486 times
All I see is from the headline is

Apple, Whole Foods, J. Crew & Starbucks. Now all the area needs is a Hollister to make the hipster's life complete.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:04 PM

44 posts, read 43,298 times
Quote:
When will the Bronx get an Apple store?
they do not want to get wracked couple times monthly

Old 12-14-2014, 12:33 AM

11,818 posts, read 7,695,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q41apartments View Post
My, my....how Brooklyn has changed. Who ever thought that scary beat up HSBC bank at One Hanson Place would one day be a gigantic mall. I remember that Chinese restaurant next door, ages ago that had bullet proof glass to protect themselves from nut jobs.

They sure built up Brooklyn quick. They got minorities out, built the luxury condos, raised the rents to a point that only a lawyer could pay the it, made the area safe and now an Apple store, huh? How that borough has made a million strides. They sure pushed the working class outta that area quicker than anyone could have imagined.

Even Spike Lee hates it.
The roads are still horrible, I'm sure residents don't care as most take the train and walk.

Old 12-15-2014, 05:05 AM

95 posts, read 71,473 times
Quote:
Never understand the Apple fanboy mentality. I only use "bank for the buck" products. Nexus 7 2013 $175, Moto G $25, Samsung tab pro 10.1 $197. My wife has a iPad air because she could get it at deep discount.
"Apple" is a religion. Steve Jobs is their God. If you still don't understand, good for you. You spend wisely.

Old 12-15-2014, 01:01 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,994,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good at Math View Post
"Apple" is a religion. Steve Jobs is their God. If you still don't understand, good for you. You spend wisely.
Pretty much this! Steve WAS EVERYTHING. All hail Apple. In Steve we trust.

Though I am an Apple fan/supporter I never understood why people think we're not like other avid buyers. Some people prefer Colgate over Crest. Some prefer Kraft Cheese over other cheese makers. It's something called choice. Just because I can afford Apple products whenever I want doesn't mean I don't spend wisely. In truth spending wisely is subjective because what's affordable for some probably isn't the same for others.

I could easily say I spend wisely on quality products, which in my opinion Apple makes.

Choice my friend. Choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City