U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 06:59 AM

20,303 posts, read 26,747,133 times

Advertisements

Geez,

OLIVE GARDEN is like going to a mall anywhere in Jersey.

FELIDIA is painfully expensive...but wonderful.

Trust me, you will all like CARMINE'S for the balance of noisy family ambiance and fair prices for abundant decent EYE-talian food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 10:16 AM

458 posts, read 401,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
If East 22nd isn't too far, try LaMarca.
Lamarca is my favorite restaurant. However, it's closed on the weekends.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:34 AM

52,008 posts, read 51,158,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
Lamarca is my favorite restaurant. However, it's closed on the weekends.
Ah, I didn't know that. We normally used it for lunches on weekdays when I worked near the Flatiron.

A coworker and I who are both can't-quit-the-day-job writers went together to a writers' retreat up in Vermont one weekend when they had an agent-in-residence from the city to do short critiques and answer questions about publishing/working with an agent.

We mentioned to the agent that we'd worked in the Flatiron district for a while, and we talked about restaurants and specifically mentioned Lamarca, which is my coworker's favorite in that area. The agent was shocked and said, "But Lamarca is my secret lunch place that I don't tell other agents about! I can't believe I'm in Vermont running into people who love Lamarca!"

Old 12-16-2014, 10:21 PM

458 posts, read 401,765 times
That's hilarious! I can't tell you how many people I meet who are Lamarca fans. It does feel like a secret club.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:59 PM

570 posts, read 488,885 times
I too am a Carmine's fan but I also enjoy the heck out of Eataly (Mario Batali) on 5th/Bway between 23rd & 24th. A nice walk on a cool night to the theatre district or you can take the N or R train to 23rd St from Times Sq. It's a big place with lots of restaurants within a restaurant.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:34 AM

10,773 posts, read 25,683,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramercy View Post
That's hilarious! I can't tell you how many people I meet who are Lamarca fans. It does feel like a secret club.
Very true, Lamarca does have that feeling. I find the prices to be very reasonable for the quality of the food, too. Chain restaurant pricing, but the quality is well above that of a chain.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or