U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 04:44 PM

2,365 posts, read 1,303,424 times

Advertisements

You're deliberately missing the point: 5 armed people deliberately brought down, & ultimately killed, a single non-violent actor committing a very minor "offense". (We won't even get into the whole selling single cigs as an offense: it's done in every poor community on this earth, why not "Hey guy... get off this corner if you're gonna do that.") The pack followed the alpha dog who reacted recklessly & now the union is trying to convince us, the public who are supposed to be serviced by the force, not to believe what we can plainly see happened.

And nobody is buying it but Lynch thinks if he shouts it loud enough we will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 05:06 PM

319 posts, read 224,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
The problem with all unions is they don't protect innocent good hard workers because they don't need protection. Their good conduct and work protect them. Unions protect the bad, corrupt and abusive elements whether it's bad supers or handymen in buildings or cops. That's why I don't like unions.

The public needs a union to protect them from abusive cops that will help members of the public pressing criminal charges against cops, suing cops and the department, and holding prosecutors and judges who protect abusive cops and jailers accountable as well.

Cameras is a step in the right direction but all complaints against cops should be investigated by an independent public council with no members having ever had immediate family members who were cops/judges/prosecutors and there should be an independent prosecutor who never works with police who should prosecute cops.
While unions can be over the top at times they do protect their members as well bringing other benefits to them. Unions helped bring about a middle class in this country and stop abuse of workers.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:09 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,541,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
You're deliberately missing the point: 5 armed people deliberately brought down, & ultimately killed, a single non-violent actor committing a very minor "offense". (We won't even get into the whole selling single cigs as an offense: it's done in every poor community on this earth, why not "Hey guy... get off this corner if you're gonna do that.") The pack followed the alpha dog who reacted recklessly & now the union is trying to convince us, the public who are supposed to be serviced by the force, not to believe what we can plainly see happened.

First off they were there because Chief Banks (who is black) wanted them there. Second he had been arrested several times for the same offense. Lastly a week before he was told to leave the location and stop doing it. Plus he resisted arrest! If he put his hands behind his back nothing would have happened. He decided to resist!

Old 12-13-2014, 05:44 PM

2,228 posts, read 2,956,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john620 View Post
The problem with all unions is they don't protect innocent good hard workers because they don't need protection. Their good conduct and work protect them. Unions protect the bad, corrupt and abusive elements whether it's bad supers or handymen in buildings or cops. That's why I don't like unions.

The public needs a union to protect them from abusive cops that will help members of the public pressing criminal charges against cops, suing cops and the department, and holding prosecutors and judges who protect abusive cops and jailers accountable as well.

Cameras is a step in the right direction but all complaints against cops should be investigated by an independent public council with no members having ever had immediate family members who were cops/judges/prosecutors and there should be an independent prosecutor who never works with police who should prosecute cops.
How do you know? Are you in the PBA? Cameras for City Cops? How about ALL City workers. Anyone ever deal with a vindictive ticket agent? How about the #1 reason middle class families leave NYC? The schools.
I really wish the cops were unified and just basically stop being proactive. let the city go back to what some of you marxists want. I love hearing how the new hipsters didn't want santa con. Man, if the 83pct just turned a blind eye, those skinny jean wearing transplants would get mauled.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post

Where are all the rallies in NYC for cops and other people victimized by blacks. Where's all the outcry for that cop hit in the head with the ax in jamaica by the black guy? The same people who brand the entire police force are no better then bigots who hate all blacks.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:51 PM

2,975 posts, read 1,541,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Where are all the rallies in NYC for cops and other people victimized by blacks. Where's all the outcry for that cop hit in the head with the ax in jamaica by the black guy? The same people who brand the entire police force are no better then bigots who hate all blacks.
Why? Because white cops are pigs!!! They hunt black youth!!! There are special bonuses for cops that lock up blacks!!!!! In the academy you are taught to kill back males!!!! LOL. I am being sarcastic of course!!!! Blacks are the biggest racist fvckers of all!!!!

Old 12-13-2014, 06:27 PM

2,365 posts, read 1,303,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Why? Because white cops are pigs!!! They hunt black youth!!! There are special bonuses for cops that lock up blacks!!!!! In the academy you are taught to kill back males!!!! LOL. I am being sarcastic of course!!!! Blacks are the biggest racist fvckers of all!!!!
There we go... exhibit A ladies & gents.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:40 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,536,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Why should the mayor be allowed to play politics on the graves of the city workers he hates the most? And yes, he HATES cops, even to the point of making sure his kids know it. F'him.

Hopefully, his funeral comes before that of the next hero cop, making this a moot point. The unfortunate truth is that likely won't happen.

Any rational father will warn his back children about cops. I can't remember which columnist I was reading who was listing intrusively aggressive actions by cops, toward Cory Booker, Eric Holder, Henry Gates, et al. But, again, I continue to be shocked at the way so-called conservatives like you so offhandedly wish dish on people they don't agree with.

I agree with some of what John620 says, but I'm not crazy about the idea of cameras on cops full-time. I understand the rationale, but I think living under surveillance is awful, and it's as bad for a cop as for a salesclerk

Old 12-13-2014, 07:15 PM

7,920 posts, read 6,502,915 times
I didn't wish death on DeBl*******. I said I hope he dies before another NYPD cop does. If that takes 80 years, even better. I'd love if we went 80 years before losing another cop.

I'm no conservative. Being an ardent atheist who believes in the human effect on our environment pretty much makes that impossible. I'm also for publically funded abortion! One can hate liberals without being a conservative. And man do I hate liberals!

Old 12-13-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Any rational father will warn his back children about cops. I can't remember which columnist I was reading who was listing intrusively aggressive actions by cops, toward Cory Booker, Eric Holder, Henry Gates, et al. But, again, I continue to be shocked at the way so-called conservatives like you so offhandedly wish dish on people they don't agree with.

I agree with some of what John620 says, but I'm not crazy about the idea of cameras on cops full-time. I understand the rationale, but I think living under surveillance is awful, and it's as bad for a cop as for a salesclerk
Should white parents warn their kids about certain races in NYC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City