Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 03:09 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
I dunno - I always end up working hard trying to get the worker to get my order right. They are non-listening drones half the time or just plain dumb. On autopilot with no room for deviation.

If I can punch it in to a machine and just have someone cook it and hand it to me - that's better. Less work for me quite frankly.
The last time I went to a MCdonalds I had to go up 3 times for corrections/missing things. That doesn't include when I was standing at the counter and the worker took the French fries out of my bag and put them back saying I ordered one. I ordered two and she got very argumentative with me. She imputed the order not 5 minutes ago. Horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2014, 03:35 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,652,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
Went in to get a coffee at the McD's on 23rd near Madison and there were 2 automated ordering kiosks installed with a few corporate McD's suites watching.
Why bother with kiosks?

McD should give customers discounts and encourage them to order and pay with their smart devices. They can show the bar codes and pick up their orders. It will save LOTS money and CEO can get a BIGGER bonus.

Old 12-16-2014, 04:59 PM

814 posts, read 910,931 times
That's what all this is really about,CEO greed

Old 12-16-2014, 05:09 PM

814 posts, read 910,931 times
We continue to promote a country of laziness and it's a shame those service stations turned into what they have. Nothing is more Americana then taking the old 55 for a cruise down Route 66 and stopping at one of those service stations and getting a cold glass bottle of Coca Cola from the machine which had a its own bottle cap opener built into it.

We as a country have selfishly and stupidly destroyed just about everything that represented what our nation was and quite frankly it turns my stomach. I can only hope that a huge electromagnetic pulse comes through and wipes out just about every electronic device we ever invented.

Old 12-16-2014, 05:48 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
It's nothing new. I use to watch those machines at my former job I has last year. People hate them.
Idiots who don't know how to use them hate them. Too complicated for their pea-sized brain.

I LOVE them! The less interaction with "customer service" staff, the better. I love the self-checkout at the grocery store! I can scan my own stuff and make sure the price comes up correctly, I can pay using 50.01 if my bill comes to 49.26 and not be questioned as to why I'm giving a penny, and I can pack my groceries the way I want them packed.

Self-serve kiosks are the BEST!

Old 12-16-2014, 05:51 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Idiots who don't know how to use them hate them. Too complicated for their pea-sized brain.

I LOVE them! The less interaction with "customer service" staff, the better. I love the self-checkout at the grocery store! I can scan my own stuff and make sure the price comes up correctly, I can pay using 50.01 if my bill comes to 49.26 and not be questioned as to why I'm giving a penny, and I can pack my groceries the way I want them packed.

Self-serve kiosks are the BEST!
I agree

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-16-2014, 06:54 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Geez, the more things change the more they remain the same.

Horn & Hardart Automats: Redefining Lunchtime, Dining on a Dime | 6sqft

Old 12-16-2014, 07:09 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,926,466 times
According to Sunday's New York Times, MacDonald's has bigger problems than kiosk sales. Their business is dropping as consumers move away to other versions of fast food such as Chipotle.

It would seem the Michelle Obama's and Michael Bloomberg's of the world (food nanny police) are getting to persons with consumers becoming more aware of what is in those burghers and fries.

Back to kiosks:

Can see their appeal in that like ATM's they can be programmed in more languages than any Mickey'D counter agent speaks. In the more heavily tourist visited areas of NYC this can be a good thing.

The other thing of course is less cash and persons handing same. Less worries about drawers coming up short and robberies.

Old 12-17-2014, 02:34 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
Standing behind a group of 60y/o and up trying to punch in their order when they can't even figure out the remote control at home. Oh goody.

And since I am basically taking on the cashiers job for them, will I get some sort of discount? This is why I'm paying for my meal, I don't want to do any work. Next we'll be sorting, boxing and bagging our own meals. Why not?

Old 12-17-2014, 03:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,724,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Standing behind a group of 60y/o and up trying to punch in their order when they can't even figure out the remote control at home. Oh goody.

And since I am basically taking on the cashiers job for them, will I get some sort of discount? This is why I'm paying for my meal, I don't want to do any work. Next we'll be sorting, boxing and bagging our own meals. Why not?

I'm pretty sure they don't have only kiosks and people who choose to go to a cashier can do so.

Your "discount" is not having to deal with "customer service" who take 5 tries before getting your order right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City