Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 871 times

Advertisements

My daughter currently lives in the Sheridan Square area of Manhattan and im wondering whats the deal with the area, is it known to attract constant street dealers and other misc. criminal behavior? Every time I stepped out of her apartment this weekend, which by the way, is only the 2nd time ive ever been here, its been extremely shady. Im specifically speaking of the area by Karavas Pizza which is right where she lives. This doesn't seem to be a night-time thing but it gets worse then. And I understand that the area itself is a popular party area, which is completely fine, but im not stupid.. its the same guys standing on the corner over there every night and I could've saw I saw a transaction or two. Also just the overall vibe in the area is scary, a lot of loud-mouth gangster types that just seems like that want to be abrasive. And I would not even step foot in that Pizza place... hoodlums just hanging out all day. I just want to know am I overreacting? I always thought this time of street behavior in manhattan was long over? How do the cops let this continue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 03:28 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,774,156 times
You are overreacting.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:06 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,423 times
West Village as sketchy? Heh.

They say you have a higher chance of possibly being pickpocketed on Christopher St or near the West 4th station, but really that's an amazing area. If anything, I'd try to buy a condo over there vs being scared of it, probably my favorite area south of 59th st. Great Thai place near the Path station too.

I tried to get a place over there but ended up in SoHo/Hudson Square, ah well. Props also go for the West 4th station; has my favorite $1 pizza place in the city and is very convenient and quick with the A, C, E, B, D, F, M and the 1 and Path not far from it.

Old 12-15-2014, 08:09 PM

298 posts, read 707,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanish111 View Post
My daughter currently lives in the Sheridan Square area of Manhattan and im wondering whats the deal with the area, is it known to attract constant street dealers and other misc. criminal behavior? Every time I stepped out of her apartment this weekend, which by the way, is only the 2nd time ive ever been here, its been extremely shady. Im specifically speaking of the area by Karavas Pizza which is right where she lives. This doesn't seem to be a night-time thing but it gets worse then. And I understand that the area itself is a popular party area, which is completely fine, but im not stupid.. its the same guys standing on the corner over there every night and I could've saw I saw a transaction or two. Also just the overall vibe in the area is scary, a lot of loud-mouth gangster types that just seems like that want to be abrasive. And I would not even step foot in that Pizza place... hoodlums just hanging out all day. I just want to know am I overreacting? I always thought this time of street behavior in manhattan was long over? How do the cops let this continue?
I know what you mean, a bunch of those stores brazenly sell "drug pipes".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: