U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 03:58 PM

661 posts, read 1,003,904 times

Advertisements

Race aside the dramatic militarization of local police forces post 9/11 should be a cause of concern for EVERYONE...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 03:59 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,730,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Look at the thread we are in. I view this entire thread as a form of bigotry. It would be no different if someone started a thread if people should be afraid of blacks. Considering they make up only 13% of the population but commit lion share amount of the crime. Look no further then the pj's. My God, they have created a separate police force in NYC for just the housing! 4 thousand psa cops? That's bigger then most cities in America.
Oath???? F the oath and collect your paycheck.
Yes, they need a larger police force in the most populous city in the U.S, herp derp.

If you fall down the stairs and seek medical attention, "F the oath and collect your paycheck"

If you are assaulted in the street, "F the oath and collect your paycheck"

First responders out there, Norwood Boy doesn't want you to work for your money nor uphold an oath that you swore to uphold. Do the job as you please, you're entitled to your money who cares if lives are at stake?

Old 12-19-2014, 04:17 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,063,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
Race aside the dramatic militarization of local police forces post 9/11 should be a cause of concern for EVERYONE...
^^THIS.

What the hell does some nobody town like Ferguson need with all that artillery they had??

Tanks, M80s, Grenades, etc., and why was it needed for the BLACK residents? Are unarmed black people with signs and slingshots really that scary to whites in this town, like they are in Staten Island?

Old 12-19-2014, 04:20 PM

7,947 posts, read 6,513,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
He shot the guy 14 times.

And of course, there were no witnesses to this "baton" attack he claimed happened.

The man was sleeping when the cop harassed him.

It's always amazing how these SUPER HUMAN BLACK MEN wind up DEAD by some cop in fear for his life.

I wonder if the black dude was also dipping into his "waistband" during the struggle too?

Let me go read the "evidence" and "story" the cop gave for murdering this man.
You wouldn't fault a black and more than I would a cop. Our ideals are in direct opposition. I couldn't care less for single word of this post.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
You wouldn't fault a black and more than I would a cop. Our ideals are in direct opposition. I couldn't care less for single word of this post.
The difference between you and me is that I don't fault cops for every beatdown or righteous shooting against minorities just because they're minorities.

Unlike YOU, I will call a spade a spade when something is wrong.

Eric Garner "might" still be alive if that freak who killed him had been fired during his sexual assault incidents. The other cops at the scene seem to have everything in check and probably could have taken Garner in with no problem, hospitlizations or coroner's truck.

The 12 year old Tamir Rice was shot on site as soon as the cops rolled up. I don't know if it was racially motivated, but that officer NEVER should have been hired on as a cop after his failure at his old police department where they officials there said he was in danger of doing EXACTLY what he did to Tamir Rice. His story of the 12 year old kid looking "20" is absolutely RIDICULOUS as he resembles a baby on the video. I know his partner was probably like "WTF did you do?"

The poor black dude in Brooklyn gets shot because the cop was a scared punk. Instead of calling for medical help after he shot him, he was on the phone with his union reps. Like again, WTF???

^^But you probably find nothing wrong with these last two incidents either.

There's a video of a cop using a baton to subdue a guy in the subway for trying to jump the turnstiles. I don't believe the cop should be charged with excessive force or abuse, because the guy was "resisting arrest" and trying to get away. It's a shame his head was cracked open, but it wouldn't have happened had he laid low.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:48 PM

2,986 posts, read 1,546,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
The difference between you and me is that I don't fault cops for every beatdown or righteous shooting against minorities just because they're minorities.

Unlike YOU, I will call a spade a spade when something is wrong.

Eric Garner "might" still be alive if that freak who killed him had been fired during his sexual assault incidents. The other cops at the scene seem to have everything in check and probably could have taken Garner in with no problem, hospitlizations or coroner's truck.

The 12 year old Tamir Rice was shot on site as soon as the cops rolled up. I don't know if it was racially motivated, but that officer NEVER should have been hired on as a cop after his failure at his old police department where they officials there said he was in danger of doing EXACTLY what he did to Tamir Rice. His story of the 12 year old kid looking "20" is absolutely RIDICULOUS as he resembles a baby on the video. I know his partner was probably like "WTF did you do?"

The poor black dude in Brooklyn gets shot because the cop was a scared punk. Instead of calling for medical help after he shot him, he was on the phone with his union reps. Like again, WTF???

^^But you probably find nothing wrong with these last two incidents either.

There's a video of a cop using a baton to subdue a guy in the subway for trying to jump the turnstiles. I don't believe the cop should be charged with excessive force or abuse, because the guy was "resisting arrest" and trying to get away. It's a shame his head was cracked open, but it wouldn't have happened had he laid low.
First off he is not a freak. He did nothing wrong. Love to see you fight Eric Garner. You are taking the allegations as fact. They are nothing more than allegations. NYC settles the suit. How many suits are settled that are complete bs. Have you ever been falsely accused? As far as the Cleveland cop goes there was no way he could know that gun was real or not. So if it was real and he shot the cop then what? A 12 year old or a 30 year can shoot and kill you!!!!!Maybe the cop should see if you can teach him esp!

Old 12-19-2014, 04:58 PM

7,947 posts, read 6,513,645 times
I didnt read any of that nonsense. Good on you retiredcop for bothering.

Old 12-19-2014, 05:01 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,730,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
First off he is not a freak. He did nothing wrong. Love to see you fight Eric Garner. You are taking the allegations as fact. They are nothing more than allegations. NYC settles the suit. How many suits are settled that are complete bs. Have you ever been falsely accused? As far as the Cleveland cop goes there was no way he could know that gun was real or not. So if it was real and he shot the cop then what? A 12 year old or a 30 year can shoot and kill you!!!!!Maybe the cop should see if you can teach him esp!
Hmmm, I'm sure your responses aren't biased in favor of the police...

You're right, Pantaleo isn't a freak, it's ok to sexually assault men in the name of police business...

How could SHE fight Eric Garner if he's dead? A 300lb + males vs a woman, mmm ok. Why are you condoning violence though OFFICER & what has Mr Garner done to Marilyn to warrant them fighting?

If (gotta love these hypothetical's lol) the gun were real doesn't that state have a open carry law? Was it really necessary for them to instantly start shooting as soon as they arrived on scene?

Old 12-19-2014, 05:07 PM

11,845 posts, read 7,753,215 times
As long as crime is still being committed daily by blacks they will continue to get whats coming for those that committs them. I don't think white cops would change their methods. One thing about 21st century is with more video evidence the easier to determine fault.

Now can we talk about how to stop crime?

Old 12-19-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
First off he is not a freak. He did nothing wrong.
Officer Panteleo's past is that of perverted freak that liked to strip black men half-naked in public and slap their testicles pretending to look for "contraband". Who in their right mind would think this is proper police work??

Is this what YOU and your fellow cop friends used to on the force?? Sexually assault suspects under the guise of finding "drugs", "guns", etc. ?

Quote:
Love to see you fight Eric Garner.
The other cops there seemed like they could have gotten him together, but they didn't have a chance until the BDSM Freak got a hold of him.

Quote:
You are taking the allegations as fact. They are nothing more than allegations. NYC settles the suit.
The PERVERT sexually assaulted these men on an OPEN STREET in front of WITNESSES in BROAD DAYLIGHT!!! This is WHY the suit was "settled". He also choked out that other dude in front of WITNESSES too. Again, this is why it was "settled".

The way you're defending him tells me sexual assault of innocent suspects might be how some of you on the force roll. Freaking George Zimmermans wearing NYPD uniforms.

Quote:
As far as the Cleveland cop goes there was no way he could know that gun was real or not. So if it was real and he shot the cop then what?
Bottomline is that he RESIGNED from his previous police force because they were going to FIRE him for being a socially inept crybaby. Yes, he was a CRYBABY!! They said he was ALWAYS crying real tears about something and he couldn't deal with the gun training. He NEVER should have been on the force. Period.

Quote:
A 12 year old or a 30 year can shoot and kill you!!!!!Maybe the cop should see if you can teach him esp!
Did you see the video??

The kid was called over to the car, but before he had a chance to say anything, he was shot in his chest within TWO SECONDS of the cops pulling up in front of him. His hand wasn't on any gun nor was it "digging in his waistband". The incompetent ass that never should have had a badge in the first place shot him.

If I was his partner, I would have been LIVID! Like, you didn't even ask him a question. He basically called him over to the car and SHOT. He took "shoot first, ask questions later" literally.

I'm so happy the Independence Police department released information about him, so that Cleveland PD could not cover it up.

Not all cops are bad. I believe it's only 10 to 20 percent of the police force, but most officers are pretty cool for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City