U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-05-2018, 01:31 AM
 
Location: Bronx
14,871 posts, read 17,437,255 times
Reputation: 7538

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
The author penned an article filled with bias opinions, misinformation, and lies. The author will have you believe that Erica Garner was a victim of police brutality and her death was a result of the NYPD. And, some of the comments on the comment board agreed that she was murdered by the NYPD. Of course, the NYT printed it. The comment section was as always infuriating and entertaining with the white guilt apologists in full force screaming about institutional racism. 20 years ago it was placism.

Anyone ever notice that the words for racism keep getting fancier yet the black community continues to swallow itself whole and blame white people? At least now the black community seemingly has found not only a sympathetic generation in millennials who are mostly white, they are also apologetic and willing to torch themselves in the most violent way possible to get us, other racists, to see things their way. If history has taught us anything and you need not look further than the neighborhoods in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, the Bronx, Newark, NJ, Patterson NJ etc...that were once nice well-maintained neighborhoods that whites lived in we saw what happened after white flight. Minorities moved in and the place went to hell. Why is it that blacks and other minorities ruin everything nice that they come across? If everyone in the United States banded together and said ok Black community, we the 87% are going to give your 13% everything you need to better yourselves (like that hasn't been tried already) you don't need to work, your food, clothing, housing, smartphone, internet, and x-box will be provided to you free of cost.

All you have to do is keep your homes clean and neighborhoods neat, don't engage in criminal activity and go to school to get the highest form of education one can possibly achieve. Then go forth into the world and become a productive member of society.


What do you think would happen? How many of you think a scenario like this would work? Chances are it wouldn't. The old you can lead a horse to water saying comes to mind. How many times are we as a society are going to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.
The NYPD Officer Pantanelo killed Eric Garner, but in reality the NYPD did not kill Eric Garner. Do you know what killed Eric Garner? It was the American system and the NYC liberal system that killed him, because the system failed Eric Garner like how it fails many other men regardless of color. Eric Garner Dropped out of school, and in and out of prison is a recipe for disaster regardless of race. Being arrested nearly 50 times. What employer is going to hire you upon hearing that? This resulted in Eric Garner gaining an income on the black market which is heavily looked down upon by society except for folks who are low income, but in reality black market has its customers in middle class and upper class society as well. In order to prevent another Eric Garner from happening, men in NYC need to be better educated, also men must be fathers to their boys. Having generational out of wedlock parents is a recipe for disaster especially for black Americans who follow individualistic American ethos compared to single mother immigrant homes who have uncles and grand fathers to fill fatherly roles due to community collectivism. Lastly Eric Garner failed at harnessing the American system and NYC system thus resulting in his untimely demise. What's great about the American system is that if you mess up or fail, you have a chance to rebuild, renew and rebrand, other societies in the world, one mistake and your living in mommies and daddies basement back Shack for life.

Recently I was horrified by the murder of Daniel Shaver. Who is Daniel Shaver? He is an unarmed man who was murdered by the Police in Arizona. Daniel Shaver begged for his life, and he had his hands up. The police blew him away with his assault rifle. Daniel shaver beg for his life not to shoot, reminded me of Eric Garner on how he can breath. The only difference between Eric Garner and Daniel Shaver is race. Eric Garner is black, and Daniel Shaver is white. However both men lost their lives by police using their supremacist, (not white supremacist) government enforcement powers to kill.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a4a_1513012683


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s8JklrBSlk

Policing is not an easy job, its either your going to come home sad to your wife that you killed someone that is unarmed, and may loose your job and become blacklisted, or you might come home to your wife in an body bag, and your wife have no alternative means to support your family. IMHO. Their needs to be constructive police reform across the whole entire nation, and possibly the demilitarization of police force. Bring back a more community policing approach instead of broken windows. Military police should only be for swat or crisis response teams. Regardless of race, cops kill unarmed people daily, but it never gets unheard unless if the victim is black which becomes sensationalized by media outlets.

As for blacks who are educated with their SJW rhetoric BLM support, war on patriarchy, white supremacy and white privilege? I don't know what to say about that. Don't get me wrong white supremacy does exist, but do you guys have to blame everything on white supremacy, male patriarchy? Than again I'm an American of an immigrant of an immigrant descent, and I have no direct ties to slavery in the United States. My African slave ancestry is from Guyana, Brazil and Barbados, as well as white indentured servitude. There fore I can not feel the historic pain some black Americans have rooted in their DNA due to slavery, civil war and Jim Crow vs everywhere else which had peaceful emancipation. What needs to happen in this country is that folks must work together, people must learn to forgive and move on, but also remember. Sadly with SJW, BLM, Antifa, Neo Nazis, KKK and Alt right. These groups want to destroy America in the name of identity politics, get folks fired from their jobs, attack innocent people for belief or rhetoric. This is not the America that millions of people signed up for!

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 01-05-2018 at 01:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2018, 06:39 AM
 
6,841 posts, read 4,441,994 times
Reputation: 7623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The NYPD Officer Pantanelo killed Eric Garner, but in reality the NYPD did not kill Eric Garner. Do you know what killed Eric Garner? It was the American system and the NYC liberal system that killed him, because the system failed Eric Garner like how it fails many other men regardless of color. Eric Garner Dropped out of school, and in and out of prison is a recipe for disaster regardless of race. Being arrested nearly 50 times. What employer is going to hire you upon hearing that? This resulted in Eric Garner gaining an income on the black market which is heavily looked down upon by society except for folks who are low income, but in reality black market has its customers in middle class and upper class society as well. In order to prevent another Eric Garner from happening, men in NYC need to be better educated, also men must be fathers to their boys. Having generational out of wedlock parents is a recipe for disaster especially for black Americans who follow individualistic American ethos compared to single mother immigrant homes who have uncles and grand fathers to fill fatherly roles due to community collectivism. Lastly Eric Garner failed at harnessing the American system and NYC system thus resulting in his untimely demise. What's great about the American system is that if you mess up or fail, you have a chance to rebuild, renew and rebrand, other societies in the world, one mistake and your living in mommies and daddies basement back Shack for life.

Recently I was horrified by the murder of Daniel Shaver. Who is Daniel Shaver? He is an unarmed man who was murdered by the Police in Arizona. Daniel Shaver begged for his life, and he had his hands up. The police blew him away with his assault rifle. Daniel shaver beg for his life not to shoot, reminded me of Eric Garner on how he can breath. The only difference between Eric Garner and Daniel Shaver is race. Eric Garner is black, and Daniel Shaver is white. However both men lost their lives by police using their supremacist, (not white supremacist) government enforcement powers to kill.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a4a_1513012683


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s8JklrBSlk

Policing is not an easy job, its either your going to come home sad to your wife that you killed someone that is unarmed, and may loose your job and become blacklisted, or you might come home to your wife in an body bag, and your wife have no alternative means to support your family. IMHO. Their needs to be constructive police reform across the whole entire nation, and possibly the demilitarization of police force. Bring back a more community policing approach instead of broken windows. Military police should only be for swat or crisis response teams. Regardless of race, cops kill unarmed people daily, but it never gets unheard unless if the victim is black which becomes sensationalized by media outlets.

As for blacks who are educated with their SJW rhetoric BLM support, war on patriarchy, white supremacy and white privilege? I don't know what to say about that. Don't get me wrong white supremacy does exist, but do you guys have to blame everything on white supremacy, male patriarchy? Than again I'm an American of an immigrant of an immigrant descent, and I have no direct ties to slavery in the United States. My African slave ancestry is from Guyana, Brazil and Barbados, as well as white indentured servitude. There fore I can not feel the historic pain some black Americans have rooted in their DNA due to slavery, civil war and Jim Crow vs everywhere else which had peaceful emancipation. What needs to happen in this country is that folks must work together, people must learn to forgive and move on, but also remember. Sadly with SJW, BLM, Antifa, Neo Nazis, KKK and Alt right. These groups want to destroy America in the name of identity politics, get folks fired from their jobs, attack innocent people for belief or rhetoric. This is not the America that millions of people signed up for!
LOL. The american and NYC system killed Eric... So this dude was forced to drop out of school, sell loosies, gain 150lbs extra, etc? His wife even admitted that he was lazy and couldn't keep a steady job. Stop making excuses for this dude. He wasn't too lazy in having sex and procreating. People need to take responsibilities for their actions since every action has a reaction (whether its positive/negative/neutral)

Daniel Shaver. What prompted the cops to show up? Oh yeah, the hotel guest by the pool who saw him brandishing a pellet gun from his hotel room window. The hotel guests told the front desk - front desk called the cops. Also, Daniel Shaver made the mistake of trying to pull his sagging pants by reaching behind him and cops believed he was reaching for a gun. Like you said "Policing is not an easy job, its either your going to come home sad to your wife that you killed someone that is unarmed, and may loose your job and become blacklisted, or you might come home to your wife in an body bag, and your wife have no alternative means to support your family."

You said: "IMHO. Their needs to be constructive police reform across the whole entire nation, and possibly the demilitarization of police force. Bring back a more community policing approach instead of broken windows. Military police should only be for swat or crisis response teams. Regardless of race, cops kill unarmed people daily, but it never gets unheard unless if the victim is black which becomes sensationalized by media outlets."

The above goes both ways. People need to stop putting themselves in bad positions and also need to stop committing crime. Why do we need the police? Because people commit crime, kill, rape, steal, etc. It will be the wild wild west without cops.

"This is not the America that millions of people signed up for!" This is a free country in which everyone can leave freely. There are 194 other countries to choose from.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 07:09 AM
 
Location: Confines of the 101 Precinct
19,220 posts, read 32,730,162 times
Reputation: 7609
I get both sides of the argument. Nothing gets fixed over night. But things are changing in the world now, we'll see how it goes.
__________________
"The man who sleeps on the floor, can never fall out of bed." -Martin Lawrence

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 07:10 AM
Status: "Even better than okay" (set 13 days ago)
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
51,330 posts, read 50,591,986 times
Reputation: 60271
I know the thread is old, but when did people start having this bizarre confusion problem with the words "conscience" and "conscious"?

I have only ever seen this on City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 07:22 AM
 
Location: New York, NY
2,459 posts, read 1,818,275 times
Reputation: 1334
Ok, as for the killing of Daniel Shaver, sorry to say, but in that particular case, the police acted within their guidelines.

First of all, you have to remember that recently before the Daniel Shaver incident, there was a mass shooting in Vegas with an individual who was shooting a rifle from out the window. Daniel was holding a rifle out the window - I mean, who in their right minds would do that??

As for the cop yelling all those orders - unless you've been to the police academy, you won't know that officers fail out of the police academy if you don't remember the, "Put your hands over your head, lie down on the floor, spread your arms, etc, etc." You also have to yell it out with force - just like that officer was doing. If you don't yell those commands with force, you will *fail* out of the academy as well.

Also, the man was begging for his life, but unfortunately, he didn't follow directions. Whether he was inebriated or not, if an officer - or even a civilian fears for his or her life, they have every right to use deadly force against their assailant. (Of course, you have to prove that you feared for your life in court, and the video was actually sufficient evidence for that cop). Unfortunately, Daniel put his hands somewhere behind his back and the officer feared for his life and shot him. Plain and simple. Anyone who waves a rifle from out the window is capable of doing anything - including carrying a second firearm.

The whole thing was very ugly to watch, but at the end of the day, that officer didn't get away with murder - he was actually following protocol, which is why he was able to avoid jail time. Now if someone wants to question the protocol, then let them take it up with the policy makers and the rest of those people up there who write the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 07:35 AM
 
6,841 posts, read 4,441,994 times
Reputation: 7623
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Ok, as for the killing of Daniel Shaver, sorry to say, but in that particular case, the police acted within their guidelines.

First of all, you have to remember that recently before the Daniel Shaver incident, there was a mass shooting in Vegas with an individual who was shooting a rifle from out the window. Daniel was holding a rifle out the window - I mean, who in their right minds would do that??

As for the cop yelling all those orders - unless you've been to the police academy, you won't know that officers fail out of the police academy if you don't remember the, "Put your hands over your head, lie down on the floor, spread your arms, etc, etc." You also have to yell it out with force - just like that officer was doing. If you don't yell those commands with force, you will *fail* out of the academy as well.

Also, the man was begging for his life, but unfortunately, he didn't follow directions. Whether he was inebriated or not, if an officer - or even a civilian fears for his or her life, they have every right to use deadly force against their assailant. (Of course, you have to prove that you feared for your life in court, and the video was actually sufficient evidence for that cop). Unfortunately, Daniel put his hands somewhere behind his back and the officer feared for his life and shot him. Plain and simple. Anyone who waves a rifle from out the window is capable of doing anything - including carrying a second firearm.

The whole thing was very ugly to watch, but at the end of the day, that officer didn't get away with murder - he was actually following protocol, which is why he was able to avoid jail time. Now if someone wants to question the protocol, then let them take it up with the policy makers and the rest of those people up there who write the law.
Daniel Shaver incident happened January 18, 2016 - this was pre-las vegas shooting. But there were several mass shootings to scare the people by the swimming pool seeing some dude with a sort of weapon looking out the window with it. They had a right to fear this dude and have the hotel front guest call the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Bronx
14,871 posts, read 17,437,255 times
Reputation: 7538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
LOL. The american and NYC system killed Eric... So this dude was forced to drop out of school, sell loosies, gain 150lbs extra, etc? His wife even admitted that he was lazy and couldn't keep a steady job. Stop making excuses for this dude. He wasn't too lazy in having sex and procreating. People need to take responsibilities for their actions since every action has a reaction (whether its positive/negative/neutral)

Daniel Shaver. What prompted the cops to show up? Oh yeah, the hotel guest by the pool who saw him brandishing a pellet gun from his hotel room window. The hotel guests told the front desk - front desk called the cops. Also, Daniel Shaver made the mistake of trying to pull his sagging pants by reaching behind him and cops believed he was reaching for a gun. Like you said "Policing is not an easy job, its either your going to come home sad to your wife that you killed someone that is unarmed, and may loose your job and become blacklisted, or you might come home to your wife in an body bag, and your wife have no alternative means to support your family."

You said: "IMHO. Their needs to be constructive police reform across the whole entire nation, and possibly the demilitarization of police force. Bring back a more community policing approach instead of broken windows. Military police should only be for swat or crisis response teams. Regardless of race, cops kill unarmed people daily, but it never gets unheard unless if the victim is black which becomes sensationalized by media outlets."

The above goes both ways. People need to stop putting themselves in bad positions and also need to stop committing crime. Why do we need the police? Because people commit crime, kill, rape, steal, etc. It will be the wild wild west without cops.

"This is not the America that millions of people signed up for!" This is a free country in which everyone can leave freely. There are 194 other countries to choose from.
I'm not making excuses for anyone. Like said before the American system failed him, and he too Eric Garner also failed at the American system and ended up where he is now. Eric Garner saw no interest in the American System. Sad to say that but it is the truth and emotional people like SJW, apologetic whites large number of African Americans don't like to hear the "truth". The Truth hurts buddy. The simple advice is don't have kids early, stay in school, don't drop out, hold a job for a long period so that you look trust worthy in the eyes of employers, and don't get arrested. Follow these simple rules you will be ok. Once you drop out of school or get expelled, this becomes an issue later on. Getting arrested, multiple arrests, stints in jail and long term prison sentence does not look good on paper. Having a kid at an early age, as for guys, you will have to mature very quickly to be a man to be a father. Boys can't be fathers.

America is a free will state, a free country, democratic and capitalist. Its not socialist like Nazi Germany or Soviet Union, Peoples Republic of China and North Korea where people must follow state ethos until death. And one must follow predetermined life style and ways. As for Police? Policing is just as hold as the oldest profession prostitution. Ancient Egypt had a police force, so did Babylon, Ancient Greeks had police force, so did Romans which borrowed much of its idea of policing from Greek police force in Alexandria Egypt. Police is designed to do one thing, to protect those who wield power and the affluent, but also to deter crime and improve safety on the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 09:29 AM
 
6,841 posts, read 4,441,994 times
Reputation: 7623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I'm not making excuses for anyone. Like said before the American system failed him, and he too Eric Garner also failed at the American system and ended up where he is now. Eric Garner saw no interest in the American System. Sad to say that but it is the truth and emotional people like SJW, apologetic whites large number of African Americans don't like to hear the "truth". The Truth hurts buddy. The simple advice is don't have kids early, stay in school, don't drop out, hold a job for a long period so that you look trust worthy in the eyes of employers, and don't get arrested. Follow these simple rules you will be ok. Once you drop out of school or get expelled, this becomes an issue later on. Getting arrested, multiple arrests, stints in jail and long term prison sentence does not look good on paper. Having a kid at an early age, as for guys, you will have to mature very quickly to be a man to be a father. Boys can't be fathers.

America is a free will state, a free country, democratic and capitalist. Its not socialist like Nazi Germany or Soviet Union, Peoples Republic of China and North Korea where people must follow state ethos until death. And one must follow predetermined life style and ways. As for Police? Policing is just as hold as the oldest profession prostitution. Ancient Egypt had a police force, so did Babylon, Ancient Greeks had police force, so did Romans which borrowed much of its idea of policing from Greek police force in Alexandria Egypt. Police is designed to do one thing, to protect those who wield power and the affluent, but also to deter crime and improve safety on the streets.
How did the American system failed him? I am not understanding that part..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Staten Island, NY
7,904 posts, read 6,485,809 times
Reputation: 7088
"The System" owes no one anything. This excuse is only valid when referring to crime victims when the perpetrator should have been behind bars (or executed) long ago, as should have been the case for Mr. Dozens-of-Arrests Garner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2018, 10:41 AM
 
894 posts, read 392,828 times
Reputation: 691
The Eric Garner incident made me so disgusted at NYPD's tactics and my fellow mankind. I was very annoyed that Mr. Garner was so lacking in ambition that he felt the need to be such a community nuisance and put himself out there to be harrased everyday for benefit and wealth gain of someone who is likely in the top 5%.

It was dumb and inefficient for NYPD to expend so much resource in apprehending and investigating someone who is selling loosies. Isn't it a more efficient (and profitable ) task to go after the person who is importing and selling these cigarettes wholesale to the corner stores to be sold as loosies?

Would they have been as gung ho if it were Kyle in Manhattan selling his friend a cigarette from a pack that he purchased?

Eric Garner died and it didn't put one dent in the sale of loosies. Issuing a citation and being on their merry way to investigate where these untaxed cigarettes came from would have made a diferrence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top