U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 11:55 AM

7,908 posts, read 6,488,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
So you admit you a corrupt, KKK type of police or judge?
Not even close. Just a fed-up white man who wishes those who constantly cry racism before begging the system to help them survive would man up and try to do what the Founders did 238 years ago so we can end this once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM

88 posts, read 82,843 times
Right, wrong or indifferent when a "peace officer" has advised you that he/she will arrest you and will put on the cuffs, you comply with the request. If you resist and struggle you have just given this "peace officer" the power to be the judge, jury and executioner. Should you be lucky to make it through alive, you now have additional charges against you. Why then give this "peace officer" the power. I am white, and have seen what white cops can do to ridicule any individual. I have been pulled over for a traffic infraction and have seen these "peace officers" with their hand on the gun as they approach your vehicle. Every good citizen is not to be deemed a criminal. I recall a time when I had been pulled over for an alleged speeding violation. I had to inform the peace officer in slow words that I would go into my glove compartment to get my insurance and registration card, as I honestly felt threatened that he may just shoot me. I believe todays officer's have the old west mentality. They are the gunslingers and you best do what they say. If you do not all hell breaks loose. There is no compassion for the public. I have a family member who is a police officer and have heard some really nasty stories of how the public is treated when they are arrested. I agree that any entity that takes an oath to protect and serve the public should just do that. Every single citizen is not a criminal, and it should be left to a jury, judge etc. But as citizens we do deserve some sort of respect. The Eric Garner event has not changed how I feel towards police officers. I just believe that there are more gunslingers than good honest cops that have taken the oath to protect and uphold the law. They need training in dealing with the public rather than just the shooting range and the specific violation that has been committed. So again just lay down when you are told and let them put the cuffs on you. If you do not chances are someone will shoot you or choke you.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:19 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,024,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
First off SQF was overused as a numbers tool. This came from the top brass and was shoved down the cops throats. SQF became a monthly quota. That was wrong. I remember on time working and my Sgt told me directly I could not go to meal unless I got one for the night. Needless to say I didn't get one and my meal hour was refused and I got messed with for the next week because I refused to do it. However now the cops are scared to do one. The city council has passed laws that have caused cops to almost stop doing any at all. That isn't good either. Whatever these politicians want it both ways. They don't want cops doing things and then if something happens they ***** that the cops aren't doing enough. No matter what if you are a white cop you are the devil. You have oppressed black males. You are responsible for their failures. You ruin their lives. No matter what you just cant win!

Take it easy Buddy. I know a lot of great officers who happen to be white. I grew around a bunch and they were all swell guys. The older guys got great finesse and know how to handle most situations. It's just messed up that the higher ups allowed this to escalate and mothball into the issue we see today. There's no dispute, cops need latitude and discretion to use their own judgement. A lot of times, they are pinpoint accurate and on the money. I sincerely think it's the young newbies who haven't been schooled properly. There is very little community interaction and a lot of mistrust lately.

NY wouldn't be where it is today without tough policing and tactics.... but the politicans need to do a better job.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:24 PM

1,433 posts, read 2,024,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Not even close. Just a fed-up white man who wishes those who constantly cry racism before begging the system to help them survive would man up and try to do what the Founders did 238 years ago so we can end this once and for all.

Haha...I think the odds are not in their favor these days.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Haha...I think the odds are not in their favor these days.
Exactly

Old 12-18-2014, 03:54 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,046,628 times
Quote:
You do know that's it's only been 50 years since blacks were LEGALLY allowed to be treated as HUMAN BEINGS, right?

Old 12-18-2014, 04:12 PM

Yeah of course. My father was in the Civil War just prior to that.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:22 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,046,628 times
Quote:
Yeah of course. My father was in the Civil War just prior to that.
Can you do me a favor and start a petition for Staten Island to seek secession from the rest of the city?

I think it would do you guys good, since you guys have never really felt like you belonged anyway

I'm sure the mayor will sign off on it without a second thought.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:39 PM

My state senator proposes it every year. The libbies who control NY state never allow a vote. I wonder why? Maybe the lack of poverty, highest median income, and proportion of income taxes paid vs government handouts?

...and people who actually understand US history...

Old 12-18-2014, 04:43 PM

579 posts, read 718,260 times
I've never felt safe around police. I think most are decent people but given the power they have (which is vast) the wrong encounter with the wrong cop could turn catastrophic. This is why I have no pity for people who resist arrest. I've had three very unpleasant encounters w cops (only one was my fault- a minor traffic violation and the cop went ballistic) and I yessirred and nosirred and went along with it thinking I could file a complaint later or go public if necessary. It just is not worth it to resist and have an attitude with a cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City