Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 04:50 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
My state senator proposes it every year. The libbies who control NY state never allow a vote. I wonder why? Maybe the lack of poverty, highest median income, and proportion of income taxes paid vs government handouts?

...and people who actually understand US history...

Hmmmm, I think if he proposes it again next year, the response might be quite different this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 04:55 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Yeah you must be pretty average, because you are exaggerating plus denying that racist police exist. it is what it is and if you don't know what it is, you should save your speech.

When was the last time a black person tried to kill you or rob you? I mean really, it seems like you're just making stuff up that you saw on tv or something, so who is making false propaganda here but you?
Racists exist in every race, job, ect. As for black people trying to rob someone I believe that you should be the one worrying about that one more than the average white person.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:14 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
absolutely false.
Is this a personal experience or an observation?

Old 12-18-2014, 05:55 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times

Old 12-18-2014, 08:57 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
So, here's some things nobody cares to hear about, as it's clearly more fun for everyone to loot, riot, walk-out on their college classes, walk-out on their job...s, climb onto highways and more.
According to the facts provided to the Grand Jury with regards to the Eric Garner NYC case.
(1) Eric Garner has been arrested more than 33 times between the years of 1980 and 2014. A little quick math for everyone, that averages out to being arrested once a year. Having said that, at the time of Officer Pantaleo's takedown for arrest, Garner was out on-bail for an ongoing case (his 33rd arrest since 1980) on charges of illegal sales of stolen cigarettes, driving without a license, providing false identity, illegal possession of narcotics with intent to distribute and assault and battery. Also, the remaining 32 arrests all consist of one common charge to every single arrest - he was always charged with Assault and/or Assault & Battery. (Fighting)
(2) Garner is approximately 6'3" tall and weighed a smidge over 350lbs. His medical history showed he suffered from a history of medical conditions (as noted by his physician), heart disease, severe asthma, diabetes, obesity and significant sleep apnea. His medical records indicated physician warnings were provided him.
(3) Eric Garner did NOT die at the scene of the incident. This is why Officers were still standing and communicating with him, as he lay handcuffed. He did not have his asthma inhaler on his person and was wheezing from fighting.
(4) Eric Garner suffered a cardiac arrest inside the ambulance, half way to the hospital and was pronounced dead over one hour later by the attending physicians. One Hour Later !!!
HE WAS ALIVE WHEN PUT IN THE AMBULANCE.
Eric Garner "couldn't breathe" yet could talk and yell "I can't breathe." A medical impossibility testified to by the Coronor and Doctors who treated him. Pay attention closely here now, before heading out to your local neighborhood riot, Eric Garner was ALIVE and NOT DEAD at the scene of his arrest. Officer Pantaleo did NOT choke him to death. It just did NOT happen.
Now, anyone's death is a tragedy, (maybe spare the child predators category) but otherwise. And Eric Garner, even with an extensive criminal history of arrests, drugs, dealing, fighting and theft, still doesn't deserve death. But the fundamental point is that he chose to fight the Police, and he DID NOT DIE there. His actions and medical history combined, led to cardiac arrest later in the ambulance, half-way to the hospital (and he was breathing!). He stayed alive for an hour, treated by emergency doctors. Then, he passed and was declared deceased. Timeframe now, over an hour and a half after fighting Police.
Now. Don't let facts get in the way. Hurry off to your nearest riot-recruitment center, and walk-out parties. Buy your "I can't breathe" shirts with your EBT card money... And lay in the streets.
And **** you Kobe and LeBron!
You self-serving, PR conscious panderers!!
Officer Pantaleo, you did what was right, in the face of fellow Officers battling a combative man.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:06 PM

37,152 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
So, here's some things nobody cares to hear about, as it's clearly more fun for everyone to loot, riot, walk-out on their college classes, walk-out on their job...s, climb onto highways and more.
According to the facts provided to the Grand Jury with regards to the Eric Garner NYC case.
(1) Eric Garner has been arrested more than 33 times between the years of 1980 and 2014. A little quick math for everyone, that averages out to being arrested once a year. Having said that, at the time of Officer Pantaleo's takedown for arrest, Garner was out on-bail for an ongoing case (his 33rd arrest since 1980) on charges of illegal sales of stolen cigarettes, driving without a license, providing false identity, illegal possession of narcotics with intent to distribute and assault and battery. Also, the remaining 32 arrests all consist of one common charge to every single arrest - he was always charged with Assault and/or Assault & Battery. (Fighting)
(2) Garner is approximately 6'3" tall and weighed a smidge over 350lbs. His medical history showed he suffered from a history of medical conditions (as noted by his physician), heart disease, severe asthma, diabetes, obesity and significant sleep apnea. His medical records indicated physician warnings were provided him.
(3) Eric Garner did NOT die at the scene of the incident. This is why Officers were still standing and communicating with him, as he lay handcuffed. He did not have his asthma inhaler on his person and was wheezing from fighting.
(4) Eric Garner suffered a cardiac arrest inside the ambulance, half way to the hospital and was pronounced dead over one hour later by the attending physicians. One Hour Later !!!
HE WAS ALIVE WHEN PUT IN THE AMBULANCE.
Eric Garner "couldn't breathe" yet could talk and yell "I can't breathe." A medical impossibility testified to by the Coronor and Doctors who treated him. Pay attention closely here now, before heading out to your local neighborhood riot, Eric Garner was ALIVE and NOT DEAD at the scene of his arrest. Officer Pantaleo did NOT choke him to death. It just did NOT happen.
Now, anyone's death is a tragedy, (maybe spare the child predators category) but otherwise. And Eric Garner, even with an extensive criminal history of arrests, drugs, dealing, fighting and theft, still doesn't deserve death. But the fundamental point is that he chose to fight the Police, and he DID NOT DIE there. His actions and medical history combined, led to cardiac arrest later in the ambulance, half-way to the hospital (and he was breathing!). He stayed alive for an hour, treated by emergency doctors. Then, he passed and was declared deceased. Timeframe now, over an hour and a half after fighting Police.
Now. Don't let facts get in the way. Hurry off to your nearest riot-recruitment center, and walk-out parties. Buy your "I can't breathe" shirts with your EBT card money... And lay in the streets.
And **** you Kobe and LeBron!
You self-serving, PR conscious panderers!!
Officer Pantaleo, you did what was right, in the face of fellow Officers battling a combative man.
NYPD's policy is to not do chokeholds. I think it's lack of training of the officers involved that led to this. It's quite possible there was a better way to handle this, and it would have been great if it had been handled in such a way. It could have been simple--give Garner a citation, come after him for that. Don't go out and get yourself recorded doing a practice that is against policy, because doing so obviously has resulted in some pretty terrible consequences.

Really, what it looks like is that actual NYPD hasn't been really drilled in. It needs to be--but if you want to expect that level of professionalism, then maybe NYC needs to find a way of attracting more of the best and brightest (better benefits, higher wages, better work environment, etc.). For the time being, an even slight mea culpa that maybe those involved didn't do things exactly to code might be worthwhile. The way NYPD has been handling this as a whole leaves a lot to be desired. What you had stated was absolutely correct--but that should be stated in conjunction with what went wrong as well. This is a crap situation. Closing ranks is not going to put anyone on the NYPD's side even though they have done an incredible amount of good. The admission of fallibility and a promise and a visible movement towards reform of bad practices could have nipped so much of this in the bud.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:27 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
Me living in kansas city ( pretty far away) im now more conscience of what i do and the authorities in my area.
I'm curious to why you are making the link between the NYPD and the police in your area of Kansas City?

Do you think all the half a million police officers in the United States get together and plan all this sh-t out?
Please answer because i'm trying to understand this logic because i am seeing it everywhere, where i live we had people protesting the Ferguson incident at a Minneapolis police precinct... i wonder if someone told them that the Ferguson police department is only about 600 miles in the other direction.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:37 PM

2,751 posts, read 2,421,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Is this a personal experience or an observation?
Both. There is no evidence to support your claim.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:38 PM

19,048 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I'm curious to why you are making the link between the NYPD and the police in your area of Kansas City?

Do you think all the half a million police officers in the United States get together and plan all this sh-t out?
Please answer because i'm trying to understand this logic because i am seeing it everywhere, where i live we had people protesting the Ferguson incident at a Minneapolis police precinct... i wonder if someone told them that the Ferguson police department is only about 600 miles in the other direction.
Our country lacks the critical thinking skills required to see past google's effect on the human consciousness. It's sad what we have become.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:27 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
^
For sure from my perch. I'd say we should be really concerned in making sure we use our heads for something more than a hat rack. For some reason it looks like in the US today some believe we have major problems when it comes to the 'law' namely its reps and institutions. Wow they justcan't seem to do anything right at times.

Who knows? Maybe we're reverting back to the days of the old Wild West where the gun and disobeying the law was the way of life. Anybody know how many guns are floating around in NYC right now? I can assure you it's more than 2 and they're not owned by the 'law'.

Ultimately I'd say life's tragic around here at times because we as a society have changed our relationship to the law. Right now it just seems to have an image of being 'oppressive'. Not good and certainly not completely true and the NYPD just can't do anything right. Thing is we've lost respect for the law plain and simple. Just my take.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City