U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 09:23 AM

5,324 posts, read 4,004,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Our country lacks the critical thinking skills required to see past google's effect on the human consciousness. It's sad what we have become.
I'm thinking it's more the liberal media. I mean just look at the tittle of this thread, it basically implies that The police are out hunting blacks. I hear the same theme coming from MSNBC esspecially that tool Lawerence O'Donnel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 AM

1,975 posts, read 1,234,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Ultimately I'd say life's tragic around here at times because we as a society have changed our relationship to the law. Right now it just seems to have an image of being 'oppressive'. Not good and certainly not completely true and the NYPD just can't do anything right. Thing is we've lost respect for the law plain and simple. Just my take.
To be fair, it is difficult to have a honest and open conversation about the topic when everyone get taking to court (civil or criminal suit) in this society. No one is going to admit to making a mistake.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:44 AM

6,474 posts, read 10,033,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
You self-serving, PR conscious panderers!!
Officer Pantaleo, you did what was right, in the face of fellow Officers battling a combative man.
Officer Panteleo is a pervert that should have been kicked off the force when he was accused and sued for making black men strip out in the middle of the street and then slapping their testicles looking for "contraband".

Officer Panteleo was sued by another black man for doing the same chokehold he did on Garner.

NYPD settled both cases for $32k each.

Officer Panteleo is a downlow gay man that's into BDSM and people are still trying to figure out:

- how Officer Panteleo passed the psyche exam; people believe it might be a nepotism or hookup in how he got his job

- why he wasn't FIRED for sexually assaulting two men out on the street in PUBLIC!

Eric Garner was DEAD on the ground after that freak called a cop named Officer Panteleo strangled him to death. The more Eric said he couldn't breathe the HARDER Officer Panteleo squeezed.

Sick sadomasochistic freak with a badge never should have been a cop in the first place.

What? The mob wasn't hiring??

Maybe NYPD can hire NFL players Adrian Petersen and Ray Rice, I hear they're free agents at the moment.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:56 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,554,885 times
It depends who you ask. LOL!

Me personally, the police never bothered me. Although in the past in my teenaged years, when I use to have the features of a hoodlum and be around that crowd, they would look my way.

I rather have the police around than not. Police just don't pick up a random guy walking down the street to work and give them a beat down. Most of these cases the individual was doing something illegal or caught their attention.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:17 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Officer Panteleo is a pervert that should have been kicked off the force when he was accused and sued for making black men strip out in the middle of the street and then slapping their testicles looking for "contraband".

Officer Panteleo was sued by another black man for doing the same chokehold he did on Garner.

NYPD settled both cases for $32k each.

Officer Panteleo is a downlow gay man that's into BDSM and people are still trying to figure out:

- how Officer Panteleo passed the psyche exam; people believe it might be a nepotism or hookup in how he got his job

- why he wasn't FIRED for sexually assaulting two men out on the street in PUBLIC!

Eric Garner was DEAD on the ground after that freak called a cop named Officer Panteleo strangled him to death. The more Eric said he couldn't breathe the HARDER Officer Panteleo squeezed.

Sick sadomasochistic freak with a badge never should have been a cop in the first place.

What? The mob wasn't hiring??

Maybe NYPD can hire NFL players Adrian Petersen and Ray Rice, I hear they're free agents at the moment.

All Eric had to do was put his hands down and get cuffed. He resisted arrest. I bet if you were a cop and they ask you to arrest a 260lb 6'3" guy you probably would tazer him and cause him to die too from heart failure.

Fortunately it was caught on camera and absolutely he should have died but he wasn't very smart resisting arrest. You better off explaining to the judge at your court date what's going on then explain to the cops.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
All Eric had to do was put his hands down and get cuffed. He resisted arrest. I bet if you were a cop and they ask you to arrest a 260lb 6'3" guy you probably would tazer him and cause him to die too from heart failure.

Doesn't change the fact that Officer Panteleo is a sadistic pervert that gets off on doing these types of things to suspects.

The black men he made strip down on a public street and sexually assaulted (slapping their testicles) a couple of years before should have been a MAJOR sign that this freak should have had his badge removed.

He's done these BDSM acts before on other men. You don't find it disturbing that the more Eric said he couldn't breathe that Officer Panteleo squeezed his throat even harder??

He was already down on the ground with 30 cops sitting on top of him. I'm sure he was "subdued", don't you?

Or is the video that the entire world has seen "lying"??

Patrick Lynch must have people manning this forum.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:29 PM

2,228 posts, read 2,946,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid825 View Post
I've never felt safe around police. I think most are decent people but given the power they have (which is vast) the wrong encounter with the wrong cop could turn catastrophic. This is why I have no pity for people who resist arrest. I've had three very unpleasant encounters w cops (only one was my fault- a minor traffic violation and the cop went ballistic) and I yessirred and nosirred and went along with it thinking I could file a complaint later or go public if necessary. It just is not worth it to resist and have an attitude with a cop.
Could you imagine starting a thread " Do you feel safe around black people". How many whites in NYC are victims of some sort of crime committed by a black person? From the poor chinese guy shoved in front of a moving train. The poor guy last year sucker punched in Union Sq park. The Columbia kid chased on 125th st by park ave. Jewelry store robbery few weeks ago. The mayhem in Kings Plaza by the ferrel youth of Flatbush Ave. The cop hit in the head with the axe.

Cops, SHOW SOME UNITY for Christ sake. Park in the quietest corners of your pct. Let the animals maul everyone. Look no further then the two hipster/Transplants who attacked the nypd bosses on the bridge. Where do they live? Crown heights. Funny you would never see these skinny jean tranny's there in 1991 when Limmerick Nelson was carving up Rosenbaum like a turkey. Because of the precipitous crime drop in these once blighted areas. Now whites are moving in to them without fear or retribution. Crown Heights, Red Hook, Bushwick, Jackson Heights, Harlem, Washington heights and the small sliver of SoBro.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:38 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,980,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I'm thinking it's more the liberal media. I mean just look at the tittle of this thread, it basically implies that The police are out hunting blacks. I hear the same theme coming from MSNBC esspecially that tool Lawerence O'Donnel.
Yeah, always emphasizing "White cop kills black kid" which is trying to make these incidents come off as racially motivated... when in reality these cops probably don't give a sh-t about race like all these race obsessed sheeple around here these days, now i wouldn't be surprised if i got kicked out of starbucks for ordering "black coffee"

Old 12-19-2014, 12:49 PM

2,178 posts, read 1,720,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Could you imagine starting a thread " Do you feel safe around black people". How many whites in NYC are victims of some sort of crime committed by a black person? From the poor chinese guy shoved in front of a moving train. The poor guy last year sucker punched in Union Sq park. The Columbia kid chased on 125th st by park ave. Jewelry store robbery few weeks ago. The mayhem in Kings Plaza by the ferrel youth of Flatbush Ave. The cop hit in the head with the axe.

Cops, SHOW SOME UNITY for Christ sake. Park in the quietest corners of your pct. Let the animals maul everyone. Look no further then the two hipster/Transplants who attacked the nypd bosses on the bridge. Where do they live? Crown heights. Funny you would never see these skinny jean tranny's there in 1991 when Limmerick Nelson was carving up Rosenbaum like a turkey. Because of the precipitous crime drop in these once blighted areas. Now whites are moving in to them without fear or retribution. Crown Heights, Red Hook, Bushwick, Jackson Heights, Harlem, Washington heights and the small sliver of SoBro.
Could you imagine starting a thread "Do you feel safe around White males in public buildings?" How many people were victims of some sort of deranged maniac who happened to be White going off and murdering innocent people? From the aurora shootings, to Sandy Hook, to the Columbine, etc...

Maybe I'm not understanding the context, but Norwood Boy WTH does race have to do with this issue of excessive force used by police officers?

Old 12-19-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Could you imagine starting a thread "Do you feel safe around White males in public buildings?"

Nope.

Quote:
Maybe I'm not understanding the context, but Norwood Boy WTH does race have to do with this issue of excessive force used by police officers?
I'd like to know that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City