Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 08:58 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
Any project in NYCHA?
Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 09:17 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Hmm.let's roll the tape...

A grand jury refrains from indictment. The populace is aghast and protest against the 'law' starts. Fair enough. This is a free country. But it can't be argued that its perception comes from a rational point if view. Seems to me the mob mentality has the upper hand now if we look at how law enforcement is looked upon now. Kkk cops, vindictive cops , police state just doesn't help .

If we look at the protests it's object is really the undermining of grand jury deliberation. It's not enough now to simply get a verdict but it now has to be the 'right' verdict. Why the jury differed from apparently the American public I don't know. But the fact is they deliberated and made a decision. Unfortunately and ironically the 'law' seems to be paying for it. To the detriment of race relations and the functioning of the United States of America.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:38 AM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Back to the subject tho: All those corrupt kkk police and judges are past due to get a taste of their own medicine. Now take that back, Mr. america.
Please bring it. Let's end this dance once and for all. I'm definitely ready.

If your side is really so "oppressed", then maybe it is time for a real revolution. Man up and try it.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:51 AM

113 posts, read 126,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

If your side is really so "oppressed", then maybe it is time for a real revolution. Man up and try it.
This is what those in power want to happen. Its the only explanation for some of the things they have done. You know what the narrative is going to be " civil rights activists murdered by racist KKK police". I believe we are screwed whatever way this goes down. Either we accept this cultural marxism, or if we resist,, plenty of space in federal jails.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:32 AM

2,750 posts, read 2,415,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by above average bear View Post
even if you are black just go about your business, work, school, family, don't commit crimes and you will not have a problem with the police.
absolutely false.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:39 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

So you admit you a corrupt, KKK type of police or judge?

Old 12-18-2014, 10:41 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1231 View Post
This is what those in power want to happen. Its the only explanation for some of the things they have done. You know what the narrative is going to be " civil rights activists murdered by racist KKK police". I believe we are screwed whatever way this goes down. Either we accept this cultural marxism, or if we resist,, plenty of space in federal jails.
You're in LONG ISLAND. Why do you even care??

Seriously.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
absolutely false.

Agree. The problem here is a lot of ppl automatically assume that the folks who get stop n frisked are doing something wrong to warrant police suspicion. Unfortunately, that is not true. The problem is they are looking at this issue solely from their own personal experience.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Let's face police harrassment went awry after 9/11. That's a fact. The CIA liaision to the NYPD pushed for the police brass to go all out and "tag" everyone they could and put them thru the system (witch hunt aka stop n frisk). The result is you have ppl put thru the system which makes it easier to monitor. Snowden revealed how many shenanigans were taking place. Facebook, massive tools of surveillance, etc were being used with impunity.

Think about this. Post 9/11 brown ppl were being stop n frisked more than blacks. Everyone conveniently ignored the issue. Even Sharpton ignored thanks to Bloomberg making a donation to his charity (modern day bribery). Things suddenly changed when blacks started get swept massively under stop n frisk. Now, a conviction like Marijuana possession ruined a young black mans life before it even started.

The lesson of this post is never allow **** like to get out of hand in the first place. Unite and fight for everyone equally.

Cops in the hood harass folks in the hood more than the average person knows or cares to ay attention. Just because someone lives in a particular zipcode, wears a certain clothes, etc shouldn't subject to stop n'frisk and harassment.

When you allow this to go on unchecked, regular cops develop a syndrome that affects their performance, attitude and judgement. Having no fear of any repurcusions plays a major role.

People conveniently forget Ray Kelly took yrs to implement automatic vid recordings when a PO pulls you over. Also, sirens should be on. That wasn' the case before or it wasn't practiced accordingly. Why did the NYPD and PBA fight tooth and nail against bodycams? I dont agree with body cams and am concerned for my invasion of privacy.

Is this part of a more sinister play? Let's say the gov't know how ppl will feel and protest against widespread surveillance. NYPD already wires and connects 1000's of cameras to their main frame for easier access. Body cams would never get approval unless a situation is created to induce such change? Well, now we have the current scenario where unchecked stop n frisks and harrassment has led ppl to believe that body cams are the only solution? Look like the Feds got what they wanted all along! Of course this is a just of my creative imagination butwho knows lol!

On a final note, think about this. The NSA was conducting all that massive domestic surveillance. What if I had proof that the NSA observed many crimes being planned by criminals but did nothing to act until those criminals got bigger. Why? Allowing a small crook to become a big fish entails better publicity! Sounds far fetched right? Is it?

Old 12-18-2014, 11:43 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Let's face police harrassment went awry after 9/11. That's a fact. The CIA liaision to the NYPD pushed for the police brass to go all out and "tag" everyone they could and put them thru the system (witch hunt aka stop n frisk). The result is you have ppl put thru the system which makes it easier to monitor. Snowden revealed how many shenanigans were taking place. Facebook, massive tools of surveillance, etc were being used with impunity.

Think about this. Post 9/11 brown ppl were being stop n frisked more than blacks. Everyone conveniently ignored the issue. Even Sharpton ignored thanks to Bloomberg making a donation to his charity (modern day bribery). Things suddenly changed when blacks started get swept massively under stop n frisk. Now, a conviction like Marijuana possession ruined a young black mans life before it even started.

The lesson of this post is never allow **** like to get out of hand in the first place. Unite and fight for everyone equally.

Cops in the hood harass folks in the hood more than the average person knows or cares to ay attention. Just because someone lives in a particular zipcode, wears a certain clothes, etc shouldn't subject to stop n'frisk and harassment.

When you allow this to go on unchecked, regular cops develop a syndrome that affects their performance, attitude and judgement. Having no fear of any repurcusions plays a major role.

People conveniently forget Ray Kelly took yrs to implement automatic vid recordings when a PO pulls you over. Also, sirens should be on. That wasn' the case before or it wasn't practiced accordingly. Why did the NYPD and PBA fight tooth and nail against bodycams? I dont agree with body cams and am concerned for my invasion of privacy.

Is this part of a more sinister play? Let's say the gov't know how ppl will feel and protest against widespread surveillance. NYPD already wires and connects 1000's of cameras to their main frame for easier access. Body cams would never get approval unless a situation is created to induce such change? Well, now we have the current scenario where unchecked stop n frisks and harrassment has led ppl to believe that body cams are the only solution? Look like the Feds got what they wanted all along! Of course this is a just of my creative imagination butwho knows lol!

On a final note, think about this. The NSA was conducting all that massive domestic surveillance. What if I had proof that the NSA observed many crimes being planned by criminals but did nothing to act until those criminals got bigger. Why? Allowing a small crook to become a big fish entails better publicity! Sounds far fetched right? Is it?
First off SQF was overused as a numbers tool. This came from the top brass and was shoved down the cops throats. SQF became a monthly quota. That was wrong. I remember on time working and my Sgt told me directly I could not go to meal unless I got one for the night. Needless to say I didn't get one and my meal hour was refused and I got messed with for the next week because I refused to do it. However now the cops are scared to do one. The city council has passed laws that have caused cops to almost stop doing any at all. That isn't good either. Whatever these politicians want it both ways. They don't want cops doing things and then if something happens they ***** that the cops aren't doing enough. No matter what if you are a white cop you are the devil. You have oppressed black males. You are responsible for their failures. You ruin their lives. No matter what you just cant win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City