Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:29 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,216,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Another key point is, if you do get into a struggle with a police officer for not cooperating, do not try to remove the officer's gun from his or her possession. This is a really crucial part of staying alive.
Many don't have to be in a struggle with them and they still go overboard. Just hit up youtube when you have time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 11:30 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,295,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
If you can prove that in that the negotiations for raises and other benefits for NYPD will be zero (provided they have run out of an existing contract) is ZERO, I will believe it. Just yapping it off because you're some retired cop posting here doesn't lend any more credibility than the next joe.
The CBA,,,LBA and DT's just took a contract with a zero raise for year #1. Does that work for you key board cowboy?

Old 12-22-2014, 11:31 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,216,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The CBA,,,LBA and DT's just took a contract with a zero raise for year #1. Does that work for you key board cowboy?
No! Back it up with data!

Old 12-22-2014, 11:41 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,938,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
It's amazing you put all the blame on Sharpton and don't give the media any criticism for fanning the flames (basically just so they can get ratings and get more money). I mean, MSNBC should fire Sharpton if he is half as bad as you say, and if they don't then they certainly share in the responsibility.

And for that matter those other media outlets given Sharpton coverage share in the responsibility as well, if Sharpton is throwing gasoline on any spark he can find.
I didn't put all the blame on Sharpton. You were comparing Sharpton and Lynch. Sharpton is, for better ofrworse, a national figure; Lynch is not. Bad comparison.

The media's blame is obvious. What do you think propelled Obama into the White House? Corporations, like people, do not take responsibility for much of anything.

The recent issue related to ex-felons not being able to secure employment doesn't apply to MSNBC apparently since Sharpton got a job there. Maybe Sharpton has his own bias against the police and the criminal justice system since he had first-hand experience with both.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:04 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post

WTH?! Where did you get all of this from? What does his wife even have to do with the subject? This reads as big time projection.

His wife is black - which apparently doesn't fit a proper "public image" and denotes "undo influence".

Old 12-22-2014, 12:06 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I think we are in this whole mess because the 12 people that were the grand jury for eric gardener were complete idiots to acquit the cop was pure lunacy.

the video is clear enough, how these 12 morons couldn't see this was beyond comprehension, and the judge should have also stepped in.
Don't juror's have information about the case that isn't public? Sometimes we see what we want to see.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:34 PM

5,111 posts, read 4,959,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
His wife is black - which apparently doesn't fit a proper "public image" and denotes "undo influence".
Blame all your miseries and mishaps for being black...if that gives you some psychological relief and helps you gain more self esteem....

I have watched and read about that woman and the two children she raised. I do not think that she served as a good role model or did a good job in parenting them, and yes, I strongly believe that maternal influence matters more in early childhood development.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:37 PM

811 posts, read 550,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
I know, I know, not all cops are bad. But those that aren't sure as **** don't try and stop the ones that are bad and by that alone they are just as guilty as the bad ones. You can only treat armed citizens like trash for so long before they fight back... Ask a corrections officer about what keeps them alive on a daily basis and they'll talk about training and safety precautions and a big ****ing heaping helping of respect. Seems this is something a lot of cops on the street have forgotten
A lot of you that say that whole "good cops should stop the bad cops" are right but you're thinking too idealistically.

The reality is, the good cops going against their fellow bad colleagues are the least of the worries. It is the superiors and higher-ups that are enacting the subliminally racist policies and "tactics". And that is a battle that is nearly impossible to fight. Some of these men have connections to some real criminals.

Not saying it's right but I don't blame the good cops for not whistleblowing. Best believe soon as you start "Sir, Captain McClaren has been abusing his authority. I want to report to Internal Affairs", your wife, children, and family may be paid a special visit.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:57 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
A lot of you that say that whole "good cops should stop the bad cops" are right but you're thinking too idealistically.

The reality is, the good cops going against their fellow bad colleagues are the least of the worries. It is the superiors and higher-ups that are enacting the subliminally racist policies and "tactics". And that is a battle that is nearly impossible to fight. Some of these men have connections to some real criminals.

Not saying it's right but I don't blame the good cops for not whistleblowing. Best believe soon as you start "Sir, Captain McClaren has been abusing his authority. I want to report to Internal Affairs", your wife, children, and family may be paid a special visit.
So how is this different from the 'Don't snitch' mentality that people abhor when it happens in lower class communities?

Old 12-22-2014, 01:03 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,274,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Blame all your miseries and mishaps for being black...if that gives you some psychological relief and helps you gain more self esteem....

I have watched and read about that woman and the two children she raised. I do not think that she served as a good role model or did a good job in parenting them, and yes, I strongly believe that maternal influence matters more in early childhood development.

Nice try...

I'm not miserable and there are no mishaps at all.

My self esteem is fine, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City