Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 02:31 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,552,895 times

Advertisements

That was very immature and unprofessional behavior by NYPD. They are another group whose antics are now being exposed for the world to see. I realize they are not all rogue nor racist cops but I'm referring to those bullies who use their badge as a shield to do dirt and hide behind the dual privilege they derive from their profession and race (yes, I said it) in NYC. It's time their cartel is dismantled so that persons who are a better fit for the job are hired instead. A lot of us professionals, at one time or another, have had people in positions higher over us that we didn't like or respect but as a professional we chose not to go out of our way to show it publicly. That was very ignorant, low-class behavior. Presently, they are acting no better than the people they look down on in the ghettos.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:32 PM

916 posts, read 2,237,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I disagree, jaydata.

Do the police have less of a right than the people who were allowed to shout and advocate "What do we want? Dead cops"? Despicable behavior.
Two wrongs don't make it right. I was disgusted by the protesters as well. But can we at least wait till the
officers laid to rest first? That's why I said both side are being childish and acting disrespectful.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:33 PM

33,324 posts, read 46,766,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
A lot of us professionals, at one time or another, have had people in positions higher over us that we didn't like or respect but as a professional we chose not to go out of our way to show it publicly.
Very profound.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-27-2014, 02:41 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,143,854 times
Default Not the time or place.

Such a shame that the police are turning the tragic deaths of two of their fellow officers into a giant political spectacle. It's classless, tacky, and an embarrassment to the department.

The only person responsible for pulling the trigger is the gunman, and all the hard-charging right-wingers that populate the police department should know that, because they are the first to squawk about personal accountability and responsibility when they talk about criminals. They want it both ways, and if you follow the money, you'll see all of this rancor goes back to a contract dispute. I happen to think city cops should indeed be paid more for their work, but throwing temper tantrum after temper tantrum is not the way to get what they want.

New Yorkers get sick of this stuff pretty quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if all of this backfires on the police by the end of January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Do I smell a 0% raise coming up for the next 6 years?
Pretty much. And who will pay the price for all of this in terms of side effects? The people of New York. Such a shame to see. Really.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
The only person responsible for pulling the trigger is the gunman, and all the hard-charging right-wingers that populate the police department should know that, because they are the first to squawk about personal accountability and responsibility when they talk about criminals.
Profound again.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:49 PM

15,573 posts, read 10,279,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
Two wrongs don't make it right. I was disgusted by the protesters as well. But can we at least wait till the
officers laid to rest first? That's why I said both side are being childish and acting disrespectful.
Any and all police officers are targets. That is wrong and dangerous for these men and women.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 12-27-2014 at 02:58 PM..

Old 12-27-2014, 03:10 PM

4,157 posts, read 4,007,547 times
I wasn't there but the Daily News said "dozens" turned their back, not 25,000.

Cops turn their backs to de Blasio during Ramos eulogy - NY Daily News

Old 12-27-2014, 03:16 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,672,593 times
Whether you support the police or hate them. At the end of the day you NEED them. Look at the NYC Public School system. What % of kids can even read at their grade level? How many graduating seniors of the NYC Public School system when entering the CUNY system, have to take remedial english and math courses? Some how 91% are rated as doing their jobs. 91 percent of city teachers rated effective or higher in first round of new evaluations | Chalkbeat. A lot of New Yorker's these day don't have kids or the ones with money go Catholic or Private route. They realize that the public schools are a dead end. Can't have that thinking with crime. Crime effects every aspect of a civilized society.
Cops, at the end of the day were never given merit based raises for reducing crime. As eloquently as Mike Daly of the Daily Beast reported on MSNBC, Barclay's center would never be here if not for the cops. What raises did cops in the 84pct get for that work? How about the cops in the 79 or 81 (Bed Stuy), Once a totally blighted areas that now have multi million dollar homes. What was their merit based pay? So, Airborne forget your back turning at a hospital or funeral. Will the men finally do things by the book? Will the men utilize their tools such as "Discretion". What about the captains union president like Richter? At the end of the day his members are a big reason for a lot of ill will towards the grunts "Cops". Giving a ticket to a girl scouts selling cookies. To putting a kid through the system for being in a park after dark. The only way to get back at the hipsters/ real estate titans, The Deblasio's, Scott Stringer, STD Vivitero who gives a *****, Juamme, or Charles Barron. Let crime go back to the way it was. WORK WITH THE TOOLS AND SUPPORT THAT YOU HAVE! Why would a cop stop someone and get screwed for it!!!! Remember you can get a 1000 atta boys but it only take one Oh ***** then your lost everything.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Whether you support the police or hate them. At the end of the day you NEED them. Look at the NYC Public School system. What % of kids can even read at their grade level? How many graduating seniors of the NYC Public School system when entering the CUNY system, have to take remedial english and math courses? Some how 91% are rated as doing their jobs. 91 percent of city teachers rated effective or higher in first round of new evaluations | Chalkbeat. A lot of New Yorker's these day don't have kids or the ones with money go Catholic or Private route. They realize that the public schools are a dead end. Can't have that thinking with crime. Crime effects every aspect of a civilized society.
Cops, at the end of the day were never given merit based raises for reducing crime. As eloquently as Mike Daly of the Daily Beast reported on MSNBC, Barclay's center would never be here if not for the cops. What raises did cops in the 84pct get for that work? How about the cops in the 79 or 81 (Bed Stuy), Once a totally blighted areas that now have multi million dollar homes. What was their merit based pay? So, Airborne forget your back turning at a hospital or funeral. Will the men finally do things by the book? Will the men utilize their tools such as "Discretion". What about the captains union president like Richter? At the end of the day his members are a big reason for a lot of ill will towards the grunts "Cops". Giving a ticket to a girl scouts selling cookies. To putting a kid through the system for being in a park after dark. The only way to get back at the hipsters/ real estate titans, The Deblasio's, Scott Stringer, STD Vivitero who gives a *****, Juamme, or Charles Barron. Let crime go back to the way it was. WORK WITH THE TOOLS AND SUPPORT THAT YOU HAVE! Why would a cop stop someone and get screwed for it!!!! Remember you can get a 1000 atta boys but it only take one Oh ***** then your lost everything.
All good but I don't turn my back on my bosses when I disagree with them. If I have a problem with them I speak to them on the side - like a true professional does. Forget that they're cops - 2 men - 2 men! Just got put in the ground - whats up with the side antics at a funeral though.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:32 PM

15,573 posts, read 10,279,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
All good but I don't turn my back on my bosses when I disagree with them. If I have a problem with them I speak to them on the side - like a true professional does. Forget that they're cops - 2 men - 2 men! Just got put in the ground - whats up with the side antics at a funeral though.
Could your boss' words or actions possibly get you killed, SF?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City