Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 01:34 PM

11 posts, read 17,379 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how long could take the appeal process???? Please please any idea???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 07:31 PM

196 posts, read 330,200 times
Don't expect a win , they not ganna slow down the train and wait for your appeal bud

There are some ppl who really need the apartments and have less of an opportunity to get higher income then you

Old 06-11-2016, 01:05 PM

11 posts, read 17,379 times
Gorditostyle thanks for the answer! but you don't know my actual living and I have a disable kid at home that needs, its some issues going in on I just sent all they had requested and letters from everywhere i could collect! Every case is different and very reasons as well!. I'm just prey and don't loose my hopes by the way you don't know what my income looks like😳😳😳 since you say that I believe I am a winner then!. Thank you so much for the answer!.

Old 11-17-2016, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,507 times
so I got pick to attend the interview after all my prayers god answer only to go the gentleman say am over qualify no explanation nothing just I am over qualify, so am appealing you think ill get thru I am 22 its just me and my mom

Old 11-17-2016, 01:42 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,568,333 times
What does over qualify mean? Is your income over the bracket amount? On what grounds are you appealing? They are supposed to give you a concrete reason.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
What does over qualify mean? Is your income over the bracket amount? On what grounds are you appealing? They are supposed to give you a concrete reason.
Yes it mean your income is over the bracket

I was over my bracket for a studio apartment by $200 but I was within a 1 bedroom apartment bracket by $40

So I was super lucky!!

Old 11-30-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthanikqi View Post
Gorditostyle thanks for the answer! but you don't know my actual living and I have a disable kid at home that needs, its some issues going in on I just sent all they had requested and letters from everywhere i could collect! Every case is different and very reasons as well!. I'm just prey and don't loose my hopes by the way you don't know what my income looks like😳😳😳 since you say that I believe I am a winner then!. Thank you so much for the answer!.
They don't look at "situation" like that with the housing connect program unfortunately. There are other housing program out there that might be better suited for you. Anyways don't lose hope and I hope you got it

Old 09-06-2017, 01:42 AM

5 posts, read 8,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthanikqi View Post
Does anyone know how long could take the appeal process???? Please please any idea???

I'm currently going through the appeal process. Can you tell me how it worked for you?

Old 09-25-2019, 07:49 PM

5 posts, read 9,378 times
I am currently going through the appeal process. I was told I was over my $75. So I put in an appeal and waiting to hear from them.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:58 PM

155 posts, read 169,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_fabulosity View Post
I'm currently going through the appeal process. Can you tell me how it worked for you?
I went through one before I was deny due to income and you get 10 days to send it back with the right income amount which I did. I had HR from my job write a letter stating my income amount I make yearly and after that all I did was contact HPD and told them how I was deny due to income being overly high and that I do qualify I resent the letter to them as well *the company & HR* and they literally reopen my case the same day , I was held a interview the following week but I didn’t know that I still didn’t make enough *they include overtime at my job to my salary* which I didn’t know so I was deny but they process is really fast.. sometimes they put u on the waitinglist or they give you a interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery