Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 10:40 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,211,896 times

Advertisements

This seems pretty nuts even by NYC standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 08:48 PM

802 posts, read 1,360,074 times
i understand that the point is to make those people who live here and have insurance in other states change it to NY insurance but how will they control who really lives here and who is just visiting. just towing the cars is not a solution. what if someone visits for a day? or even a week? where are they supposed to park?

everyone knows there are tens of thousands vehicles owned by people who live in NY with out of state plates/insurance.
they should come up with some solution.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:51 AM

4,750 posts, read 6,487,298 times
The title of this thread is very misleading. Every time I look at it, I think it's saying that cars with out-of-state plates won't be allowed to be driven within NYC at night. And I think, even Lord Mayor Bloomberg didn't dare go as far as that!

It should have said

Proposed Law to Ban Cars With Out-of-State Plates From PARKING ON NYC Streets at Night.

Just like the recent tread title MICE!!! How Do I Catch Them? I always think, you catch mice by sitting next to someone on the subway who has mice! Just like cooties. Everyone knows that.

I think I need to get out more!

Old 01-25-2016, 09:55 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,809,209 times
I will be all for this if the Pennsylvania legislature passes a similar law banning all New Yorkers from coming into or parking in my state especially on holiday summer weekends.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:24 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,537,899 times
Cant see it passing. I believe it would be a civil rights issue.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:08 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,195,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Does it have a chance ? How do other NY'ers feel about this ?

Proposed parking ban would put the squeeze on out-of-towners | New York Post

"Queens Assemblyman Michael Miller has proposed a law that would prohibit cars with out-of-state plates from parking overnight on city streets. The bill would make it illegal to park with non-New York plates from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m. Violators could have their vehicles towed."

I must say,a lot of cars parked regularly in my neighborhood have out of state plates.Some of them have been parking around here for years so I assume they live here but register out of state for cheaper insurance,etc.
This might help bring insurance down since it would bring more people in. It's worth considering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City