Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM

2,008 posts, read 4,723,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCTelevisionWriter View Post
Actually, they DID withstand the impact of TWO commercial airliners.

They were not, obviously, able to withstand their subsequent preplanned and controlled demolition.

NO building can withstand that.
Oh yeah.. I forgot it was an inside job...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 11:46 AM

5,521 posts, read 8,767,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
5 WTC is going to be residential/apartments, they are not looking for business tenants.
This surprises me, as I haven't heard or seen anything about a residential component there. Do you have a reference/source for this? Please post if so.

I'd be surprised at any residential development there as the Port Authority does want to squeeze as much revenue as possible from the site and all thing being equal, even in this overheated market for high-end condos, business tenants will generally pay a whole lot more than residential tenants. maybe a hotel component or something, but it seems to me that commercial/office tenants would be the prime targets for this building, whenever it's finished.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:03 PM

39 posts, read 40,407 times
Quote:
Actually, they DID withstand the impact of TWO commercial airliners.

They were not, obviously, able to withstand their subsequent preplanned and controlled demolition.

NO building can withstand that.
lol at all the conspiracy theorists that have been proven wrong by science on every claim they have made. For anyone that understands basic chemistry, steel has a melting point. The planes burning in the steel core of the building weakened the already poor conditions of the core, causing it to collapse. End of discussion. Now stop spitting on the graves of everyone that died that day with your pointless theories

Old 01-23-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
5 WTC is going to be residential/apartments, they are not looking for business tenants.
Five World Trade Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
5 WTC could possibly become residential the port authority says, but they were originally & currently are going after tenants to make it an office building. If the building really is going to be apartments they would have started construction already because of the strong housing market, but instead they have put the project on hold, most likely waiting for a tenant

Old 01-23-2015, 12:10 PM

664 posts, read 807,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyG1996 View Post
lol at all the conspiracy theorists that have been proven wrong by science on every claim they have made. For anyone that understands basic chemistry, steel has a melting point. The planes burning in the steel core of the building weakened the already poor conditions of the core, causing it to collapse. End of discussion. Now stop spitting on the graves of everyone that died that day with your pointless theories
SCIENCE ... or politics?

Because there's a growing consensus out there among the REAL experts that the buildings were brought down via controlled demolition:

World Trade Center Building 7 Demolished on 9/11? - Home

Old 01-23-2015, 12:18 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
There are no shortage of residential developments in that whole surrounding area. In fact, I'd say pretty much all the new developments and ones in the pipeline in Lower Manhattan is all residential/hotel. We need all the new office development we can get so I hope they keep the whole WTC complex office, not residential.

We have also lost a lot of office space in Lower Manhattan and throughout Manhattan through conversion. The city needs more commercial, not less.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
SCIENCE ... or politics?

Because there's a growing consensus out there among the REAL experts that the buildings were brought down via controlled demolition:

World Trade Center Building 7 Demolished on 9/11? - Home
you just linked me to a conspiracy website... i know conspiracy theories can be fun. But try to live by the facts & read a credible news source every once in awhile 9/11 conspiracy theories debunked | US news | The Guardian

Old 01-23-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
There are no shortage of residential developments in that whole surrounding area. In fact, I'd say pretty much all the new developments and ones in the pipeline in Lower Manhattan is all residential/hotel. We need all the new office development we can get so I hope they keep the whole WTC complex office, not residential.

We have also lost a lot of office space in Lower Manhattan and throughout Manhattan through conversion. The city needs more commercial, not less.
If their was a demand for office space, the projects wouldn't be on hold for lack of tenants, & the existing buildings wouldn't be half full. Residential is needed in Manhattan, shown by the rents rising to nearly $4k a month for a small apartment in SoHo

Old 01-23-2015, 12:31 PM

664 posts, read 807,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyG1996 View Post
you just linked me to a conspiracy website... i know conspiracy theories can be fun. But try to live by the facts & read a credible news source every once in awhile 9/11 conspiracy theories debunked | US news | The Guardian
That is not a "conspiracy website".

This is a site built and populated by REAL architects and engineers who know a hell of a lot more about buildings than the "debunkers" in a British publication.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
That is not a "conspiracy website".

This is a site built and populated by REAL architects and engineers who know a hell of a lot more about buildings than the "debunkers" in a British publication.
A British publication that has done their research & gotten information from several credible sources. The website you linked said that it was a group of 2k architects who believe it was a hoax. Which seems like a big number, but when you realize the International Union of Architects has 1.5 million members, with a speculated 1 million architects worldwide who aren't members, it really puts things into perspective. Just doing the math for you, that means that only .0008% of architects believe it was a hoax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City