Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 08:04 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So then you don't know either?
Actually I do, Merck makes pretty much all MMR vaccines. But don't let that stop you from assuming it's made by some sort of clandestine operation out to control you

Old 02-06-2015, 08:20 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Why is it rocket science to believe that anyone who believes in the absolute safety and efficacy of vaccines SHOULD get them, and leave those of us with doubts to avoid them?

Go get your MMR, shingles, Hepatistis A and B shots, polio both kinds. Get anti-malarial, typhoid, typhus, influenza (shot, nasal, and sugar-cube,) rabies, tetanus and anything else that gets developed. To be double and triple sure, get annual boosters for all of these. Some diseases have two or three different vaccines...have them all.

But do not presume to preach the need for those who feel differently to follow like dimwitted sheep.

Remember, as innocuous a product as Excedrin caused death by being contaminated with cyanide and THIS year's flu shot was basically worthless...not 1970's shot, but THIS YEAR'S.
Wait long enough and there WILL be a massive nightmare caused by inoculating the population. It is more certain than global warming, and a LOT more certain that WMD's.

So line up for the shots and take your kids but don't presume you fully know the risk you are taking.

Last edited by Kefir King; 02-06-2015 at 08:28 AM..

Old 02-06-2015, 08:21 AM

138 posts, read 173,251 times
Quote:
Does anyone know who MAKES the MMR vaccine. I cannot find out.
Any data on the profit made by the company/companies who manufacture the vaccine?
Merck.

Interesting, I knew that pro-lifers do not like Merck because they utilize cell lines derived from aborted fetuses to develop vaccines. The "R" in the MMR and the Chickenpox vaccine are two examples. However, if you google Merck and controversy, it brings up several controversies within recent years.

I won't comment on those specifically, because I haven't been following them enough.

But about the MMR vaccine, there are people refusing to be vaccinated because of their pro-life views. They have been pushing Merck to bring back single vaccines for M & M, but so far Merck says they won't do it.

Medical research: Cell division : Nature News & Comment

Old 02-06-2015, 08:30 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Chains,
Is Merck the ONLY MMR manufacturer? Do you know WHERE they are manufacturing?

Old 02-06-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Wait long enough and there WILL be a massive nightmare caused by inoculating the population.
ok now we're getting somewhere, please elaborate - what do you think could potentially happen to the population? (besides eradicating disease)

Old 02-06-2015, 08:33 AM

138 posts, read 173,251 times
Quote:
Chains,
Is Merck the ONLY MMR manufacturer? Do you know WHERE they are manufacturing?
In the US, they are the only manufacturer. Other countries may use other manufacturers - Japan, for example, uses a different formula.

EDIT: This is the CEO's business address. I don't know where the vaccine is physically made.
Quote:
Merck & Company
Uses WI-38 and MRC-5 in their MMR, Chickenpox,
Hepatitis-A vaccines; Plans on using PER C6 in new vaccines; Withdrew ethical
doses of measles and mumps!
Ken Frasier, CEO
One Merck Drive
P.O. Box 100
Whitehouse Station, NJ 08889-0100
Voice Your Complaints | Children of God for Life

Old 02-06-2015, 08:40 AM

25 posts, read 31,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
It seems like a student with measles boarded an Amtrak train at Penn Station this week. How worried are you about getting the measles? If you have children, have your children been vaccinated?

Amtrak Travelers Warned of New York Measles Exposure - Bloomberg Business
I am not worried for the most part. I recently went to the Doctor and got tested. I got every booster I needed including Measles.

So I am fully vaccinated as an adult because f what is happening. I only hope I am not one of those people whos immunity does not work (something like 3% of the population who ar vaccinated are still not protected).

I URGE anyone who is worried to speak to your doctor, get tested and see what boosters you might need.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:57 AM

God forbid Polio resurfaces somewhere one day, that is one where you're not just inconvenienced for a few days at home. The choice would become pretty simple, get vaccinated or die/get crippled

Old 02-06-2015, 10:42 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
But yet the Measles vaccine proponents presume that everyone who died from MEASLES was otherwise healthy. It ignores the immunologically compromised or those actually dying from something else. How about a bit of consistency?
You can be otherwise perfectly healthy, get measles, and die from it. About 90% of susceptible people who are exposed catch it, and if it gives you pneumonia or encephalitis there is pretty much no treatment for it. In its early stages, measles is hard to diagnose, since it may look like a bad cold. Once the rash appears, it's easy. People who are dying from measles are dying from measles, not "actually dying from something else."

Old 02-06-2015, 06:41 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
No treatment for pneumonia in 2015??? You die from that!!!! Get your PNEUMONIA VACCINATION!!!! Bye, bye. Done. Ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City